Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 [1165] 1166 1167 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3898530 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Critical
« Reply #17460 on: November 05, 2014, 11:18:28 pm »

On the plus side I may have thought of the solution to Theorycrafting #4, using the information given only at the time the question was released.
(sadly I must sleep, my tiredness, its killing me)HHEHEHEHEHE

Quade

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarves are cool. TWoOtA is cool too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17461 on: November 05, 2014, 11:28:40 pm »

Of course, there's the very good chance that this won't be enough Soul Charge and will just result in possibly killing a major party member for no gain, hence why I say we keep it as a backup plan rather than an instant one.

That image shows the amount of soul charge we had before Al died and we went oversoul. The amount we have now is well over the amount we had back then, plus, we don't even LIKE Al as much as we like Riltia, so the soul charge we might get if she were to die would be even greater.

Perhaps Oric knows this, and is the reason why he is hesitant to kill Riltia himself. Oric sees Ciro and Riltia's alliance as a threat, but he could be afraid that killing Riltia would cause Ciro to get incredibly pissed at him and go oversoul. So, he wants to force Ciro to kill Rilitia instead of doing it himself as that might weaken Ciro's soul instead of charge it.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Oric want's Ciro's soul to charge, so he could be wanting Ciro to kill Riltia simply because it would charge his soul. However, I wonder about whether or not Oric would be happy if Ciro went oversoul. Perhaps Ciro going oversoul would provide him with more soul charge, but from what we saw before, Ciro's charge was empty by the time oversoul ran out, so maybe Oric wouldn't want that.

Another thought, since Oric is trying to harvest as much soul charge from Ciro as possible, the reason he doesn't want us to ally with the other siblings is probably because the other siblings are either meant to kill Ciro or be killed and charge Ciro's soul. Kind of sick when you think about it, using your siblings as a farm to harvest energy...
... I think this has probably been noted before but if it was, I forgot, haha
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:00:15 pm by Quade »

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17462 on: November 06, 2014, 01:19:29 am »

Okay. Losing Kit Kat definitely sucks, but I think the others are on the right track here. You saw how much damage Oric's crazy attack did. If he wanted to, he probably could've just smote us all. But he DIDN'T. So, logically, we should look at this. Since he obviously has enough power to kill someone, either he's not willing to (for whatever reason), or... He's not able to. If he's got superweapons like that, why did he even give us the choice? Why not just blast us all to oblivion and be done with it?

I say we've come this far, we may as well double down. +1 to Calling Oric's Bluff.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17463 on: November 06, 2014, 08:59:10 am »

He's perfectly capable of murdering us all right here, it would just be inconvenient for him. The Warrens runs off of Soul energy; the Siblings are used as batteries. The Target's Soul Star gathers Soul Charge quicker than most, so they're the one who has to go around and kill the other Siblings, to ensure maximum Soul Charge at the end of the Cycle. This is why Oric wants Ciro to be the one to kill Riltia, why he was nonplussed about us recruiting Proxxy, and why he targeted an Illborn party member instead of Cherish or Al.

This basically means our only protection right now is how much Oric values efficiency, or possibly how low the Oversoul is, right now. That might be pretty low, if Minus was the last Cycle - she appears to have died on DL2, which is pretty early.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17464 on: November 06, 2014, 04:53:20 pm »

He's perfectly capable of murdering us all right here, it would just be inconvenient for him. The Warrens runs off of Soul energy; the Siblings are used as batteries. The Target's Soul Star gathers Soul Charge quicker than most, so they're the one who has to go around and kill the other Siblings, to ensure maximum Soul Charge at the end of the Cycle. This is why Oric wants Ciro to be the one to kill Riltia, why he was nonplussed about us recruiting Proxxy, and why he targeted an Illborn party member instead of Cherish or Al.

This basically means our only protection right now is how much Oric values efficiency, or possibly how low the Oversoul is, right now. That might be pretty low, if Minus was the last Cycle - she appears to have died on DL2, which is pretty early.
They talked about Ecco, doing "what Ecco had planned", so they would have had to at least communicated with Ecco, meaning they probably got to DL 4.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17465 on: November 07, 2014, 08:09:48 am »

+1 Magnetboots & Bloodshaping a Parachute. Emphasis on PARACHUTE!!

We can at least make it so Rilitia survives if Oric makes the Magnetboots not work, right? Hell, Bloodshape the Parachute and jump with! What could be more derailing then jumping into the unknown with a Parachute on Oric before he can react?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17466 on: November 07, 2014, 08:28:02 am »

We can at least make it so Rilitia survives if Oric makes the Magnetboots not work, right? Hell, Bloodshape the Parachute and jump with! What could be more derailing then jumping into the unknown with a Parachute on Oric before he can react?
+1 to this.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17467 on: November 07, 2014, 11:54:01 am »

I neither +1 nor -1 the parachute idea.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17468 on: November 07, 2014, 01:07:57 pm »

Wait... so the suggestion is that we craft something out of our own blood, and then shove it off an airship and possibly never get it back for reabsorption? Only do it if we do go over WITH Riltia.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17469 on: November 07, 2014, 01:13:33 pm »

+1 to this.
I support this. Though, we should lightly shove her off before jumping afterwards and catching her so as to technically comply with Oric.

+1
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17470 on: November 07, 2014, 01:16:10 pm »

You know, we could just Windirection her.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17471 on: November 07, 2014, 11:41:56 pm »

Wait... so the suggestion is that we craft something out of our own blood, and then shove it off an airship and possibly never get it back for reabsorption? Only do it if we do go over WITH Riltia.
Why would cherish jump off with Riltia? Cherish doesn't even LIKE Riltia!

Oh, you meant Ciro jumps off with Riltia. Make sure you say that next time.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Quade

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarves are cool. TWoOtA is cool too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17472 on: November 09, 2014, 01:55:10 am »

No matter what character we're playing as, we are Ciro. Ciro is us. She is the embodiment of our thoughts, our lust for loot, our tendency for shenanigans. Ciro's soul is the sum of every word posted in this thread, of every suggestion, be it rational or insane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17473 on: November 09, 2014, 04:57:55 am »

No matter what character we're playing as, we are Ciro. Ciro is us. She is the embodiment of our thoughts, our lust for loot, our tendency for shenanigans. Ciro's soul is the sum of every word posted in this thread, of every suggestion, be it rational or insane.
No. We are no single character.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17474 on: November 09, 2014, 04:45:40 pm »

The default character is actually miauw62.
Quote from: next update
You have just read an update to a forum game in which all the protagonists were vaporised by the almost-end boss in a random encounter.
Do you:
A: Rage?
B: Troll?
C: Attempt to continue playing through abstraction and denial?
D: Go watch a movie?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 [1165] 1166 1167 ... 1544