Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3901770 times)

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: headmounted slogalarm
« Reply #16920 on: October 20, 2014, 10:33:42 pm »

I just realized something.  The angels regularly referred to their Lord being in training.  Who out of our party is most trainee-related?  Cherish!  Al is protecting her due to his allegiance with the Last Angel/Devil/Cherub/Whatever.  She was meant to be in our party all along.  Her soul star powered the revival chamber that brought us and Slog back to life.  Al knew what to do in reviving us because of these connections.  Cherish is our true lord and ruler.  ALL HAIL THE WHITE MAGE!
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16921 on: October 20, 2014, 10:42:25 pm »

I just realized something.  The angels regularly referred to their Lord being in training.  Who out of our party is most trainee-related?  Cherish!  Al is protecting her due to his allegiance with the Last Angel/Devil/Cherub/Whatever.  She was meant to be in our party all along.  Her soul star powered the revival chamber that brought us and Slog back to life.  Al knew what to do in reviving us because of these connections.  Cherish is our true lord and ruler.  ALL HAIL THE WHITE MAGE!

and now, produce one reason to not throw cherish into the acid vat

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16922 on: October 20, 2014, 10:52:40 pm »

Healing magic?
Plot Progress?
We can think of a better way to dispose of her if we want that derails the plot MUCH farther?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16923 on: October 21, 2014, 12:12:53 am »

Healing magic?
Plot Progress?
We can think of a better way to dispose of her if we want that derails the plot MUCH farther?

we can always hire that ruby-seeking jackass instead

as if this game even has plot

the acid vat is already a party member disposal classic

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16924 on: October 21, 2014, 12:57:42 am »

If we attempted to dispose of Cherish, we would definitely lose Cherish and Al. Slog, Goombess and Ripriver probably wouldn't trust us, either.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16925 on: October 21, 2014, 08:16:00 am »

Don't even try convincing LSP. He's dead-set on trying to eliminate every party member and NPC so that this can be The Warrens of Slog the Slogsome.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16926 on: October 21, 2014, 08:33:55 am »

Slog would try to follow Cherish and we'd have to hold him back.

There. If we lose Cherish we lose Slog.
The Cyan Menace

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16927 on: October 21, 2014, 09:00:58 am »

Healing magic?
Plot Progress?

we can't hire ruby girl, we lost her quest because DL2 is a cleared level.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16928 on: October 21, 2014, 09:59:13 am »

Healing magic?
Plot Progress?

we can't hire ruby girl, we lost her quest because DL2 is a cleared level.

* LordSlowpoke adjusts glasses

dl2 was cleared before we cleared it again

this leads me to believe dungeon levels can be cleared forever

therefore, we can clear it enough times to roll over and unclear the dl therefore making ruby girl available once more

in fact, assuming al can pull the puzzles off in circa 10 minutes (there is only this much randomization that the warrens can possibly pull off) we can delegate him to the task and slowly, yet surely, accrue infiniloot as it is assumed that the difficulty of a level is based off of the depth of the level - as empirically proven by our adventures to date, therefore it will remain an ordeal that can be solo'd by al and the warrens continue to dispense loot along with new rooms as also was proven by our adventures to date

this also answers the problem shown in the following:

If we attempted to dispose of Cherish, we would definitely lose Cherish and Al. Slog, Goombess and Ripriver probably wouldn't trust us, either.

if cherish is disposed of when al is still doing the rounds (and sending delicious loot over to our storage every time) then the chance of al discovering cherish has been acid/5'd is very low to nonexistent

ripriver has no reason to care about cherish (and how would we toss the guy down there anyway? he fucking levitates)

goombess... goombess is a merc, we don't need to give a damn about what she thinks. slog doesn't need to worry, slog is love slog is life

Slog would try to follow Cherish and we'd have to hold him back.

There. If we lose Cherish we lose Slog.

slog apparently has some self-preservation in them, as confirmed by the fact that i dunno

the slime even managed to survive till we got to it

they would rather obviously not lose it for the sake of cherish

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16929 on: October 21, 2014, 10:48:52 am »

Sadly, the difficulty level of the levels is not an absolute thing, but a chance. If we set Al up to redo the level again and again, the chance of him dying rapidly increases.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16930 on: October 21, 2014, 12:26:16 pm »

well, if al dies

nobody would care if cherish is gone, would they

* LordSlowpoke wiggles eyebrows

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16931 on: October 21, 2014, 12:29:56 pm »

There's an idea!

Get more mercs; we need a team that's at least somewhat self-sustaining, like a tank and a healer.  Put them in passive party and task them to reclear dungeon levels over and over.  If they die, oh well!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16932 on: October 22, 2014, 08:50:20 am »

There's an idea!

Get more mercs; we need a team that's at least somewhat self-sustaining, like a tank and a healer.  Put them in passive party and task them to reclear dungeon levels over and over.  If they die, oh well!

Hire two mercs or more to put in a passive party and give the task to reclear dungeon levels (being away from plot-relevant characters and not making any ties)? Sounds like we could lose a lot of potential gains, as they could either start doing it themselves for themselves, or hide part of the items they get.
Also, as we can't just risk losing plot relevant characters, so having part of them go with a party of random mercenaries who we don't even know well sounds like a good source of problems, and therefore it's not a solution for this problem.

I suggest we have a party clearing dungeons, but it should be under our active control and composed with trustworthy characters (basically, what we did with Al, except we'd do it with more characters).

In fact, I suggest any task done by plot-relevant characters which is dangerous is also controlled actively.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:53:29 am by ShadowStrike »
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16933 on: October 22, 2014, 08:53:53 am »

Well, if we're not clearing them ourselves and they're just getting regenerated, we're not actually losing anything, are we?  As long as we recoup our investment on hiring them, we're good to go.  (Obviously we'd want the one time fee hires, not the per-level hires.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16934 on: October 22, 2014, 07:40:28 pm »

What happened to rapid-fire updates? :P
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1544