Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3903564 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome:
« Reply #16080 on: July 20, 2014, 08:47:40 am »

stop trying to talk to al directly
ffs has made it clear that it's not going to work ffs.
Isn't 'repeated attempts to slowly wear down someone's psyche' the main method of how voices-in-your-head work? We have a plan- death by a thousand cuts. Or at least submission by a thousand whispers.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16081 on: July 20, 2014, 10:11:42 am »

Isn't 'repeated attempts to slowly wear down someone's psyche' the main method of how voices-in-your-head work? We have a plan- death by a thousand cuts. Or at least submission by a thousand whispers.
Way to make it sound like we're evil, we are not trying to mind control him, we're trying to establish a working relationship based on mutual trust and the murder of things that we both don't like, such as Wilson!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #16082 on: July 20, 2014, 10:35:13 am »

Way to make it sound like we're evil, we are not trying to mind control him, we're trying to establish a working relationship based on mutual trust and the murder of things that we both don't like, such as Wilson!
I vote that we do voice-battle, Evil vs. Loot! (because neither side is the Good side)

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16083 on: July 20, 2014, 10:53:06 am »

Al, though I don't expect you to listen to me, you should know that we aren't the same voices that were controlling Minus. Or at least, we don't think so. We don't have memories of any other Cycles, or at least not that we can freely access, and even then, the few flashbacks we've had may have been Ciro's instead.
+1

Yeah, I mean I just got here. I still don't even know what on earth is going on.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16084 on: July 20, 2014, 11:04:08 am »

You mean our death, because we will keep failing and ffs will apply insanity penalties so al becomes an enemy or something.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16085 on: July 20, 2014, 11:56:12 am »

I doubt that will occur because it's conversation. If we're reasoning with Al instead of trying to Persuade him (capital P is important), we're not relying on rolls so much as his personality.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16086 on: July 20, 2014, 12:09:53 pm »

And his personality will make any attempt to persuade (small p) him only hate us more.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16087 on: July 20, 2014, 12:11:27 pm »

hate = strong emotion = soul charge

lots of hate = lots of soul charge ? oversoul

i want to see what happens when al is pissed at us to the point of going os just to kick us in the face

make it so

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #16088 on: July 20, 2014, 12:14:14 pm »

I think we should spin the wheel rapidly and let centrifugal force take care of things.

sure why not +1

+1 to physics
+1 to wait why would the ghast move into it

I still like the plan even though this is just going to spin the room and make us seasick.
+1 No way this could end badly.
+1 Merry-Go-Round!
+1
+1
WHEEL OF MORALITY, TURN TURN TURN
SHOW US THE LESSON THAT WE SHALL LEARN

+1 You spin my hair righht round righht round when you go when you go dowwwwn dowwwn

Ninja'd:
hate = strong emotion = soul charge

lots of hate = lots of soul charge ? oversoul

i want to see what happens when al is pissed at us to the point of going os just to kick us in the face

make it so
After wheel spinning.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16089 on: July 20, 2014, 12:16:19 pm »

I'm just trying to convince people that trying to persuade Al is dumb, and not the silly "no way this could go wrong" dumb, just normal dumb.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16090 on: July 20, 2014, 12:18:14 pm »

Not really, we didn't push it into the void, just into DL3.
Also, the Void is in between the dungeon level
So it fell directly to DL3 without going through the intervening space?
It's not like a void pit
Key word being 'like'. And if it doesn't go anywhere, how does something we knock into it end up on DL3?
I think it is the void, just empty.
how does going through the mercenary council door take us to an area floating within void, without the door being connected to anything? The answer is the same.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16091 on: July 20, 2014, 09:09:36 pm »

+1 to wheel-spinning. 

Regarding al: while we now know why he doesn't trust us-more or less-do we REALLY want to risk finding out what happens if he breaks free of what little control we still have before he meets up with the rest of the party? oh, some of you may be saying yes, but that's a pretty lame way to lose.

-1 to further attempts to get al to talk until we meet up with the rest of the party.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16092 on: July 22, 2014, 07:48:42 am »

And his personality will make any attempt to persuade (small p) him only hate us more.

Almost anyone can be reasoned with, and the ones that can't be reasoned with can be manipulated. Besides, at this point I think what we really want is to find out why he doesn't trust us. At any rate:

+1 to wheel-spinning. 

+1.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:17:00 am by WormArmy »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16093 on: July 24, 2014, 11:18:25 am »

Spoiler: Count (click to show/hide)

Centrifugal force TAKE THE WHEEEEEEEEEEL: +monk12, +NAV, +flameboy99, +Xanmyral, +monk12, +LSP, +Toaster, +IronyOwl, +Worldmaster27, +Furtuka, +laularukyrumo, +TalonisWolf, +fractalman, +WormArmy (14)

(Shenanigans: 7) It didn't work, and you feel like you're going to vomit your intestines up! Good thing vampires don't need intestines.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16094 on: July 24, 2014, 11:20:37 am »

This creature's hair looks like Yaos's hair.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1544