Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3903937 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome:
« Reply #15990 on: July 08, 2014, 04:59:04 pm »

fuck it

+1 threaten the al

let's cut the vestigial brakes and actually swing this piece of shit starship

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15991 on: July 08, 2014, 05:27:27 pm »

+1 to the threats.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15992 on: July 08, 2014, 05:30:58 pm »

I still don't get the starship theory.

It's more like little areas floating an indeterminate distance away in the Void, with doorways and ladders superficially linking these areas.

Or at least, that's what I perceive.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #15993 on: July 08, 2014, 05:31:16 pm »

...That's a great argument right there.
+1 to threatening Al.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15994 on: July 08, 2014, 05:33:45 pm »

-1 to threatening Al. He's in a dangerous location, carrying multiple unique items. If we're going to do this, can we at least offload his stuff into storage? Please? Besides, we have multiple things to investigate in the underworld.

Also, we haven't reached Al's floor yet. I'm interested to see what a floor will look like when the boss is in the party. If we're going to do this, we should wait until later. Much, much later.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #15995 on: July 08, 2014, 05:36:10 pm »

That's a convincing argument, but threatening Al still probably isn't a good idea. -1 to threatening Al.

Still, though, we should really get around to going full Old Man Henderson.

Also, we haven't reached Al's floor yet. I'm interested to see what a floor will look like when the boss is in the party. If we're going to do this, we should wait until later. Much, much later.
I don't think Al has a floor. We've identified all 6 siblings beyond reasonable doubt, and one of the floors presumably belongs to Oric, with the 8th going to the Last Seraphim. While there might be more floors, we've found no evidence for that. Of course, we can't rule out Al having a sub-DL, but I find it odd that he would have spent all, or at least the vast majority, of his time in the Warrens in Underside, if that were the case.
I mean, I guess it's possible that Al IS the Last Seraphim, and he heard the LS call for help due to some kind of time shenanigans, but that's really just guesswork.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:41:55 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15996 on: July 08, 2014, 05:39:34 pm »

Since when is Al a dungeon boss? Also, he would have to either be an angel or a sibling to be a dungeon level.

He is just chosen by the Seraphim to do angelic stuff and set her completely free.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15997 on: July 08, 2014, 05:56:14 pm »

Oh. I thought he was a Sibling or something.

Well, whatever. I still think that threatening Al is a horrible idea.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15998 on: July 08, 2014, 06:00:11 pm »

-whatever to threatening Al

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #15999 on: July 08, 2014, 07:58:51 pm »

+1 to threatening Al

Remember last time we did something stupid like this? Specifically, pushing Wilford into the acid.

Doing so irrevocably altered the course of the story.

FFS has gone on record saying that he's planned things out so that it will be nearly impossible to derail the overarching plot, to say nothing of Oric's scheming. We need to do crazy, YOLO things like this if we have any hope of breaking the cycle. Worst case scenario, the backlash ends our game... oh well. Going out swinging, if you ask me, is better than letting the cycles continue.

I disagree mainly on the premise that it seems like Betweenford has planned out this rift between us and Al; going off the rails would involve getting Al to play as a loose cannon, not play into Betweenford's scheme...fords.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #16000 on: July 08, 2014, 08:33:28 pm »

Yeah, I'd prefer not to fall into the angel's trap.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16001 on: July 08, 2014, 08:53:01 pm »

Yeah, I almost forgot that Al is a pushover.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16002 on: July 09, 2014, 01:04:06 am »

He's not, though. Dude's got a spine, and he's been developing a bit of an attitude as of late. In fact, I think this is the PROPER way to get through to him. Never mind that it'll start us on the Old Man Henderson path, which is the one true way to victory. (Remember, the original Henderson took down a fucking elder god. That's not something you DO.)

Also it'll be funny.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16003 on: July 09, 2014, 01:11:33 am »

-1 to threatening Al.

FFS has gone on record saying that he's planned things out so that it will be nearly impossible to derail the overarching plot, to say nothing of Oric's scheming. We need to do crazy, YOLO things like this if we have any hope of breaking the cycle. Worst case scenario, the backlash ends our game... oh well. Going out swinging, if you ask me, is better than letting the cycles continue.
The problem is that this isn't really a crazy, YOLO thing, it's just acting tough to somebody who knows we can't actually do anything. It'd be on par with threatening Oric or a Seraph, in that they'll like us less and otherwise probably nothing will change.

I'm not sure how we would go about impressing or "getting through" to Al, but I've got to assume it's not impotent threats about how we'll ruin him utterly by uh we'll get back to him but it'll totally happen.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16004 on: July 10, 2014, 06:32:48 am »

-1 to threatening Al. No matter how we put it, FFS will not have Al give us plot info, and I'd rather not alienate one of our most powerful pieces.
Head back west and teleport to the Underside. We've dallied here long enough.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 1544