Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897080 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #14655 on: April 27, 2014, 12:03:36 pm »

Bloodslog? If we're going to do something like that, why not Bloodhorologe?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14656 on: April 27, 2014, 12:30:27 pm »

Because we didn't have the time to take his essence. ;.;
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14657 on: April 27, 2014, 01:01:34 pm »

And Horologe would take much more to bloodshape than Slog.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14658 on: April 27, 2014, 01:02:33 pm »

Because we didn't have the time to take his essence. ;.;
In what way does this affect the actual plan that was being discussed?

Much lower cost:benefit ratio than Bloodslog. Exhibit A: Realslog.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #14659 on: April 27, 2014, 01:58:39 pm »

Much lower cost:benefit ratio than Bloodslog. Exhibit A: Realslog.
We need something that can be made simply. Slog is simple in both body and mind, therefore he is easy to do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14660 on: April 27, 2014, 02:41:22 pm »

He's too complex to be a test for anything, and he's too useless for a final product. He's caught in between the two categories we want.

Even if Horologe is too expensive, a Bloodslog is pretty much useless. You know, like the real one, but probably worse.
Sig

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14661 on: April 27, 2014, 02:42:31 pm »

He's too complex to be a test for anything, and he's too useless for a final product. He's caught in between the two categories we want.

Even if Horologe is too expensive, a Bloodslog is pretty much useless. You know, like the real one, but probably worse.
Slog isn't useless. He provides a bonus to idle activities, can use some basic magic, has an inventory, and can turn into King Slog when fed.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14662 on: April 27, 2014, 02:56:09 pm »

I'm pretty sure that Slog king thingy was a result of the mushroom, rather than from giving slog something to eat.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14663 on: April 27, 2014, 03:01:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure that Slog king thingy was a result of the mushroom, rather than from giving slog something to eat.
I'm pretty sure it was from giving him something to eat, seeing as there was a bunch of stuff about how he had always wanted food and he got turned into "Not-Hungry Slog". Food seems to be pretty scarce in the Warrens, since nobody needs it; thus, it would make sense for any food to transform Slog.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Slog is the new Cool Crab
« Reply #14664 on: April 27, 2014, 03:07:29 pm »

Slog eats the Mushroom and morphs into NOT HUNGRY SLOG. The form will last for FOUR turns. His new form has the following abilities:

Spoiler: Not Hungry Slog skills (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14665 on: April 27, 2014, 03:15:53 pm »

Slog isn't useless. He provides a bonus to idle activities, can use some basic magic, has an inventory, and can turn into King Slog when fed.
So does everyone, it's very basic and he sucks at using it, so does everyone, and when was the last time we had anything to feed him with? (And what's so special about King Slog? He can heal--we have Cherish for that--he continues to have Frizz which continues to suck in Slog's...um...pseudopods, and then Increase...well...it's a thing, but nothing worth spending rare things like the mushroom on.)
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14666 on: April 27, 2014, 03:24:55 pm »

So does everyone, it's very basic and he sucks at using it, so does everyone, and when was the last time we had anything to feed him with? (And what's so special about King Slog? He can heal--we have Cherish for that--he continues to have Frizz which continues to suck in Slog's...um...pseudopods, and then Increase...well...it's a thing, but nothing worth spending rare things like the mushroom on.)

Every single one of those "food" "items" can be "used" to "feed" "Slog".

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14667 on: April 27, 2014, 03:28:54 pm »

That Attack buff is quite good. +3 to our attack roll, and +3 to damage. If we use that together with one of those many attacks, few damage attacks we might have around, it can kill.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14668 on: April 27, 2014, 03:30:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure it was the muchroom.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14669 on: April 27, 2014, 03:32:32 pm »

Every single one of those "food" "items" can be "used" to "feed" "Slog".
So, we need to feed Slog money to make him work at all, except we also need to spend inventory slots. Remind me why this is considered useful.

That Attack buff is quite good. +3 to our attack roll, and +3 to damage. If we use that together with one of those many attacks, few damage attacks we might have around, it can kill.
If. Sadly, Slog doesn't seem to be...well...good at doing anything right. When was the last time he used a spell or something to successfully attack what we wanted him to?

I'm pretty sure it was the muchroom.
Oh. Yeah...that's damn good evidence.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 1544