Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897255 times)

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: "Home" again
« Reply #12000 on: March 04, 2014, 05:08:58 am »

Add Cain's music to the Official Warrens OST. I'm sure that FFS already posted it once, but it isn't in the Official Warrens OST yet.

Also, +1 to checking the Greens and taking the soul star. I'm not sure if we should waste soul charge into reviving slog, though.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:12:52 am by ShadowStrike »
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: March 04, 2014, 07:20:08 am »

Soul charge is a renewable resource. It is worth wasting it to revive Slog.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: March 04, 2014, 07:51:09 am »

What could go wrong?
In that vein, we could just ask Oric next time we see him.
Or in the spirit of compromise, we could rub Oric.

Even in such a case that we give up, its still worth grabbing his leftovers since they make good regents.
+1

Also, +1 to checking the Greens and taking the soul star. I'm not sure if we should waste soul charge into reviving slog, though.
+1

Slog is basically worthless except as a warm body, which we have plenty of. In addition, Soul Charge is as renewable as...soil fertility--sure, it can be done, but it's not going to be easy, fun, or fast.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: March 04, 2014, 08:09:37 am »

Hmm, if the soul star turns out to not belong to Cherish, maybe we should try taking slog out of the machine (considering he's an illborn and I doubt it works on them) and putting the soul star into it instead (the main part, not the tube at the side).  But I suggest only doing this if second shifting it with Cherish doesn't work.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: March 04, 2014, 08:27:44 am »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: March 04, 2014, 08:31:49 am »

+1 to trying to revive slog with soul charge.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #12007 on: March 04, 2014, 08:45:44 am »

Slog is basically worthless except as a warm body, which we have plenty of. In addition, Soul Charge is as renewable as...soil fertility--sure, it can be done, but it's not going to be easy, fun, or fast.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: March 04, 2014, 08:48:30 am »

Are you telling us to believe the words of Ansrew Gussie?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: March 04, 2014, 08:54:44 am »

Are you telling us to believe the words of Ansrew Gussie?
Yes.
Unless he's lying to us about lies. In which case no life would be worth saving.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: March 04, 2014, 08:57:12 am »

Let us not mince life. *blorble*
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: March 04, 2014, 09:06:57 am »

Know what? He's right. +1 to saving slog.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: March 04, 2014, 09:08:30 am »

Wait a minute, we already have the Asynchrony Catalyst in our storage (just noticed).  While we have shown it to her before and she didn't recognise it, Al didn't recognise his either so it's still possible.

give catalyst to Cherish, and ask her to attempt to second shift it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: March 04, 2014, 09:14:54 am »

On balance, every life is worth saving. But everything has a cost, and every good thing has a point where the cost becomes too high to pay. When is that point?
And let's face it, we're a hero not a charity. Defeating the bad guy, saving the day, and acquiring loot are our primary goals; reviving random mercenaries isn't one of them. We can't save everyone. We should be aware of this.

Unless he's lying to us about lies. In which case no life would be worth saving.
There is a middle ground, you know...

Wait a minute, we already have the Asynchrony Catalyst in our storage (just noticed).  While we have shown it to her before and she didn't recognise it, Al didn't recognise his either so it's still possible.

+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: March 04, 2014, 12:10:40 pm »

+1
+1

And now, a short guide to reviving Slog.

Step 1: Acquire Slog's essence (he dropped it when he died and we stuffed it in a random tube.)
Step 2: Acquire Slog's gooey body (we stuffed it in that tube full of magic revivifying water, so hopefully we can strain it out.)
Step 3: Acquire Slog's soul binding (we don't know where these are. YET.)
Step 4: Bring all of the above to Polydectes so he can use his modified LSS to revive Slog.

I'm not bothering to -1 the "rub our Soul Star on LSS/Slog/Whatever" because we already tried it on the Teleporter Pad

You tell Al to stand on the warp panel as you transfer Soul Energies or whatever from the Astral Influx to the corner panels which appear to lead into the warp panel, providing it power (you're 99% sure this is how magic technology works). Unfortunately, you hit a snag: you're not actually sure HOW to transfer "Soul Energies" outside the Influx. You wave it around, press in on it, and stare at it really hard, but nothing happens.
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 1544