Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896581 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: "Home" again
« Reply #11955 on: March 03, 2014, 10:28:22 am »

We stop smashing mailboxes, he stops putting bombs in ours?

No.

Bombs make wonderful gifts and I would loathe to see bombs not being put into our mailboxes one day. However, we could potentially deliver the mail into the dungeons for him, or give him backup on his deliveries. In return, he either compensates us or joins the party as a permanent member. It's a lucrative deal.

Just think of the profits we could make! *Profits!*
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11956 on: March 03, 2014, 10:32:11 am »

Bombs make wonderful gifts and I would loathe to see bombs not being put into our mailboxes one day. However, we could potentially deliver the mail into the dungeons for him, or give him backup on his deliveries. In return, he either compensates us or joins the party as a permanent member. It's a lucrative deal.
Or we might be able to get packages sent to storage.
Or even brought from storage!
We might even be able to send letters to Cain or Riltia!

Just think of the profits we could make! *Profits!*
Those are nice, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: March 03, 2014, 11:01:07 am »

(Can't find it so I'm asking everyone.) How do the class skills work?
You must gain a Max level(+5) in a skill to gain a new class skill. Requires a Stat Block, and 5 stat points for a new skill.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah I got that part but what's with the slash and two identical numbers?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11958 on: March 03, 2014, 11:01:49 am »

...Next update after this one. We make this happen. The Postman will be our friend whether he likes it or not.

Then it is about a given that we need to head back into the dungeon. We can't delay the plot too long, lest Cain become upset and we lose the chance to have The Rebel on our side. We'll need all the friends we can get, especially one who is as well-informed as he his.

It may already be too late, with considerations that he probably watched us leave the dungeon. But it wouldn't be right to go ahead and make things worse for ourselves by not coming back for an unseemly amount of time. We can rationalize going back up because we needed to prepare. With the consideration that we were half dead when we went up, I think he would be understanding of our plight to some degree.

What we need to remember is that we're his best shot at being able to Rebel against Oric's game. As a band of heroes, we are hardly ideal candidates. But we stand a chance, and that is all that really matters.
BIRDS.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11959 on: March 03, 2014, 11:03:35 am »

There are interesting things that can be collected on old dungeon levels. Besides, I think we should pass by DL2, so that we don't have to use up our DL3 teleport point.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: March 03, 2014, 11:07:25 am »

...Next update after this one. We make this happen. The Postman will be our friend whether he likes it or not.
We may need to work on our definition of "friend".

It may already be too late, with considerations that he probably watched us leave the dungeon. But it wouldn't be right to go ahead and make things worse for ourselves by not coming back for an unseemly amount of time. We can rationalize going back up because we needed to prepare. With the consideration that we were half dead when we went up, I think he would be understanding of our plight to some degree.
Indeed. Explaining that we needed the strength and such should work...and a bit more explanation should justify more stuff. After all, getting through the easy half of the level made us basically unable to fight...

What we need to remember is that we're his best shot at being able to Rebel against Oric's game. As a band of heroes, we are hardly ideal candidates.
I'd conclude the opposite.

There are interesting things that can be collected on old dungeon levels. Besides, I think we should pass by DL2, so that we don't have to use up our DL3 teleport point.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11961 on: March 03, 2014, 11:10:18 am »

No. We need to get down to DL3 quickly, and we have no idea what's waiting for us in DL2.

Also, if we do do that, I think we should stay away from where the angel statue was. Just a feeling.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11962 on: March 03, 2014, 11:14:49 am »

No. We need to get down to DL3 quickly, and we have no idea what's waiting for us in DL2.
We have a wide variety of needs. We need to get as much out of each teleport to DL2 as we can until we find some other way up, for instance.

Also, if we do do that, I think we should stay away from where the angel statue was. Just a feeling.
+1

Bloodshape wings or a jetpack or something so we can use vertical passages more easily.
Sig

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: March 03, 2014, 11:17:47 am »

We have a wide variety of needs. We need to get as much out of each teleport to DL2 as we can until we find some other way up, for instance.

+1

Bloodshape wings or a jetpack or something so we can use vertical passages more easily.
If we can bargain with/defeat Cain, we'll arrive on DL4. We should be able to find something there.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11964 on: March 03, 2014, 11:21:57 am »

Well, hang on.  We got from DL2 to DL3 on stairs- the end point may have disappeared, but what about the beginning?  Proxxy has her transit method (which may be the third way FFS alluded to)- maybe there's still something there?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11965 on: March 03, 2014, 11:51:57 am »

We may need to work on our definition of "friend".
As far as I've learned, other people's definition of a friend is anybody who doesn't stab you in the back while you're not looking.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11966 on: March 03, 2014, 12:04:49 pm »

If we can bargain with/defeat Cain, we'll arrive on DL4. We should be able to find something there.
And you know this...how? For all we know the limited-use checkpoint we found is the only kind to be found in the deeper levels.

Well, hang on.  We got from DL2 to DL3 on stairs- the end point may have disappeared, but what about the beginning?  Proxxy has her transit method (which may be the third way FFS alluded to)- maybe there's still something there?
The beginning...might be there. Something to look into once we're ready to go down.
Sig

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11967 on: March 03, 2014, 12:17:50 pm »

... ... ... ...

Just going to leave this here...
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11968 on: March 03, 2014, 12:41:37 pm »

... ... ... ...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just going to leave this here...

If she returns, this might be a good thing to remember to get on her good side. If she doesn't like it here, we could kindly take note of that fact and either support her as we continue on or allow her to stay at DL2 until we break into DL4
BIRDS.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: March 03, 2014, 01:13:59 pm »

Wait a minute, didn't Proxxy go with Oric to do something?  I ask this because Oric's back, but Proxxy is nowhere to be seen...  We should question Oric about her whereabouts.
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 1544