Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897092 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: And That's What Shopkeepers Do
« Reply #11295 on: February 04, 2014, 07:11:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Open Menu
Save Game
Continue

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #11296 on: February 04, 2014, 07:38:08 am »

Go west
Hasn't the loot generally been worth it.

I think the Warrens prefers giving us decent loot as the trade off for an economy that hates us, really powerful monsters that don't like us, and a GM who loves seeing us cry.

I mean we've gotten stat points, a sword, a TM, a ring, the Polar Eye, Polaris' sword, etc. And exploration yields more than just normal loot. There's people loot, like Yaos. And notpeople loot like that robot we temporarily recruited. To be fair, we don't have many options. But more loot means more options.
Speaking of Yaos, I bet we were supposed to save him using those gems that the robot ran away with.
Purple gems most likely.
 Jerk wanted to off himself though...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11297 on: February 04, 2014, 08:42:01 am »

A thought occurs. The shopkeeper didn't have to roll to target the burro.
You don't have to roll to target your allies.

Therefore the shopkeepers count as being on the 'enemy' side.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: February 04, 2014, 09:01:19 am »

Isn't this basically the whole game since it turned serious?

Fuck Cain, he is as far as we can tell an insane murderous backstabbing bile bastard, who would as kill us as he would Oric we have no reason to trust him and I am getting a huge liar feeling from him, are primary goal is to find Rilita someone who is useful that we can Actually trust, and loot for the same reason. At least that's my opinion on the subject.
Imagine Cain as Darth Vader, except that Palpatine (us) has no intention of keeping him around and Vader is more powerful in every way. And has the brain of Starscream.
Yeah, there could be problems with that. Unless maybe we bump Goom-Bess or Al or someone out of the directly-controllable party so we can use Cain as a disposable meatshield.

Open Menu
Save Game
Continue
+1
(What do you think the chance of savescumming is?)

A thought occurs. The shopkeeper didn't have to roll to target the burro.
You don't have to roll to target your allies.
Therefore the shopkeepers count as being on the 'enemy' side.
Or it's a special rolless attack. We don't know enough to say.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11299 on: February 04, 2014, 09:44:16 am »

Open Menu
Save Game
Continue
Search imaginary GameFAQs for TWOOTA cheat codes, give party 999 in all stats

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11301 on: February 04, 2014, 10:02:44 am »

Open Menu
Save Game
Continue

+1

Soo... what are we trying to do?  I think that's a question that needs to be answered before we decide which allies we want.

Also, consider: Cain and Riltia are Siblings that have apparently behaved badly.  What do they know of each other?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: February 04, 2014, 10:06:04 am »

nope

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11303 on: February 04, 2014, 10:40:40 am »

nope
True, we started making massive ending-altering decisions even when it was still silly. *cough*Riltia*cough*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11304 on: February 04, 2014, 10:47:36 am »

[snip]

Soo... what are we trying to do?  I think that's a question that needs to be answered before we decide which allies we want.

[snip]

If the standard shopkeeper is any evidence...Oric (also a shopkeeper) will pwn us unless we get, say, 300 stat points. Per character.

Oric's reaction to our recruitment of the f2 boss, however...
"oh. this is one of those cyles",

Indicated that we had stumbled onto a route that, while not unkown to oric, was not exactly typical, either.

We also have other reasons to believe that derailing the plot is our ONLY hope in the long run-aka the fact that we have to use shenanigans for lots of fights just to survive.

Untill we can think of a better way to derail (Heading up to the very surface? Finding a couple of dwarves to construct staircases everywhere?), our best bet appears to be to recruit anything powerfull that you wouldn't normally expect to recruit.

For now, I'd say that means the shopkeeper...or at least trying. How many adventurers recruit a shopkeeper in a universe where shopkeepers are OP'd? Not many.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:59:43 am by fractalman »
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11305 on: February 04, 2014, 10:58:11 am »

What can we offer him to make him give up his life of standing silently on his rug and join us on our adventures? I'm pretty sure he doesn't care much for excitement.
Sig

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #11306 on: February 04, 2014, 11:06:01 am »

What can we offer him to make him give up his life of standing silently on his rug and join us on our adventures? I'm pretty sure he doesn't care much for excitement.
Try to get him to sell HIS OWN FREEDOM for river dollars or something.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11307 on: February 04, 2014, 11:06:45 am »

let's offer him 0.5% of all the currency we earn and hope that we don't roll badly enough to end up paying 80%

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11308 on: February 04, 2014, 11:15:10 am »

An automatic cut of all fountain pence and ruby drops, for starters. I doubt the shopkeeper will accept a flat-fee rate.  River dollars...well that's a bit more complicated.  We need to get at least 10 of those from drops before we start letting him take a cut of those. 

As long as he's willing to take different forms of currency (eg river dollar counting as 100(?) fountain pence), we'll continue to buy anything he stocks...from only him.  Well, so long as he doesn't increase his prices by more than 10%...and other shopkeepers don't wind up with a price under half of his price. 

No sense setting ourselves up to be price-gouged more than we have to.

Try to get him to sell HIS OWN FREEDOM for river dollars or something.
River dollars...we have none. We'dve had to sell the RoP (ring of persuasion/ring of power) to get any. 
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11309 on: February 04, 2014, 11:57:06 am »

If you guys want a good-neutral ending, I bet you have to recruit an angel on your side. Good luck with that though.
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 1544