Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3898205 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Everyone Loves Loot Fusion
« Reply #10920 on: January 07, 2014, 12:01:02 am »

Sell things so we can buy a class change to Awesome Lootmonger
-1 to this and any other vague suggestions.
Oh look, Update Ninja.

CONTINUITY ERROR. Do I get a prize?

Goom-Bess: Tattle on Scale.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: January 07, 2014, 12:02:05 am »

I saw it first!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: January 07, 2014, 12:05:02 am »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: January 07, 2014, 12:06:32 am »

Hmm. I bet that each Soul Star can be used for revival once.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: January 07, 2014, 12:12:06 am »

2x Healing Potions! Ciro and Goombess! Heal up! We need HP or we die.

EDIT:

1) Goombess is on autotattle, and she did indeed autotattle on the Burro.

2) Tattle is info on creatures, not wierd-ass contraptions. She might know something about it, but it wouldn't be a tattle.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:29:26 am by monk12 »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: January 07, 2014, 01:32:30 am »

So, what are we gonna combine with the machine? Its gotta be two things that are pretty similar.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: January 07, 2014, 01:42:41 am »

So, what are we gonna combine with the machine? Its gotta be two things that are pretty similar.
Are we sure it combines stuff? It could switch their properties:
IE, put the big electric sword we got/used to have (is it in storage?) on one side. Put a lvl 2 negative reagent on the other (some really strong acid, or something). It spins around, and when it stops, we have a sword with some very strong "unholy" vibes, and a vat of electric slime. Like Bottled Wisp, or something.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: January 07, 2014, 01:53:15 am »

I doubt it.

Inferring from its shape (two platforms for item placement along with an empty glass chamber on top in the middle), the picture (two squares with arrows colliding. If properties were swapped, the arrows wouldn't be colliding most likely, assuming the 'instructions' weren't there just to confuse. In which case it's probably completely different, instead of just kinda different.)

Considering it's shape, you probably need equal amounts of one and another. So if you want to put the Battering Ram, you gotta put something equally as heavy on the other end. Of course, that's assuming it also works in a measurement of physical weight, but considering the anti-magic floor I doubt it does so on magical potency.

Unsure how it activates however, assuming that lighter colored circle is simply a fulcrum instead of a button.

Testing never hurts though, pop two fusion scrolls on it.

EDIT: ...

Oh, right, er--Damn that merchant, the vile son of a dog. We've caused him fear but it is truly just a ploy, I assure you.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:57:00 am by Xanmyral »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: January 07, 2014, 01:56:00 am »

Testing never hurts though, pop two fusion scrolls on it.

are you kidding me the gm told you that it won't work and i told you that i actually wanted to waste resources with that plan WHY DO YOU KEEP ON TRYING

-1!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: January 07, 2014, 01:57:39 am »

Then use the two empty health potion bottles we'll get when we buy and use them.

EDIT: Also a different method, it's via the machine. I assume it's a way to combine things without the aid of magic.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: January 07, 2014, 07:43:46 am »

Hm. Obviously, that didn't happen with Slog. You get that same feeling just thinking about what might have gone wrong (which could be anything because you don't know how Sanctuaries work).

Hey, wait, didn't Polydectes have two of those machines?

Oh god, we're fused with Milli.  That Objective guy was right way back when.
Ask Al if he put someone ELSE in the tubes with us, ask if they had any awesome giant magic rune abilities we might be able to use.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: January 07, 2014, 09:10:20 am »

Hm. Obviously, that didn't happen with Slog. You get that same feeling just thinking about what might have gone wrong (which could be anything because you don't know how Sanctuaries work).

Ask Al if he put someone ELSE in the tubes with us, ask if they had any awesome giant magic rune abilities we might be able to use.

So... put Slog essence in tube, hop in tube, slit own throat?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: January 07, 2014, 09:14:45 am »

so did any of you people who dragged us all the way down here and away from the slog-fixing tubes find their jewelry yet

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: January 07, 2014, 10:19:29 am »

1) Goombess is on autotattle, and she did indeed autotattle on the Burro.
2) Tattle is info on creatures, not wierd-ass contraptions. She might know something about it, but it wouldn't be a tattle.
1. Scale =/= Burro
2. Your second point kinda contradicts the first, doesn't it? "She autotattles, and she can't tattle on it. Meaning autotattle wouldn't kick in."

Considering it's shape, you probably need equal amounts of one and another. So if you want to put the Battering Ram, you gotta put something equally as heavy on the other end. Of course, that's assuming it also works in a measurement of physical weight, but considering the anti-magic floor I doubt it does so on magical potency.
Inventory space is more likely.
One thing to consider: People take up two inventory spaces.

(P.S. It's a bartering ram.)

Then use the two empty health potion bottles we'll get when we buy and use them.
+1

So... put Slog essence in tube, hop in tube, slit own throat?
The reminder of the two machines seems to suggest that they are limited-use in some way.
Sig

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: January 07, 2014, 10:20:40 am »

+1 to putting a pence on each side of the scale.  -1 to putting anything more valuable.  Can we go back and scoop up some snow to put on the scale, assuming it has some kind of reagent-ness?  Or is "the snow" a singular entity?
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1544