Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894585 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On
« Reply #10230 on: November 23, 2013, 05:21:01 pm »

...So, wait.

If Yaos had just struck a silly pose and shouted some kind of catchphrase, he might have survived?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: November 23, 2013, 05:26:05 pm »

...So, wait.

If Yaos had just struck a silly pose and shouted some kind of catchphrase, he might have survived?

No. I think we need to use that slab to make the weapon. If I remember correctly ,FFS said we had the wrong setup. That was what he meant, I think. Notice the little symbol above the slab? I think it matches our Soul Star.

Maybe each star has its own slab? I don't think so, though.

We should also see if anybody else can do it.

Let's see if we can Second Shift the sword back to a star (and vice versa) outside of that room.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:30:32 pm by Elephant Parade »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: November 23, 2013, 05:34:29 pm »

So wait..... If the physical Oversoul which the Warrens are trying to guard can shift into a weapon as well, it must be one BADASS weapon......

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: November 23, 2013, 05:37:16 pm »

So wait..... If the physical Oversoul which the Warrens are trying to guard can shift into a weapon as well, it must be one BADASS weapon......
We should try manipulating the weapon during Oversoul.
We need to keep a list of cool things we want to do during Oversoul.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: November 23, 2013, 05:59:59 pm »

Apparently there was a piece of Poetry named Oversoul, which(ironically) best describes my thoughts on what it basically is. Also has a bit of Soul-stuff which can in some way be related to Illborn. Loving these real-life parallels which can be found through Google Search

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 06:04:56 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: November 23, 2013, 06:09:56 pm »

Why do we need to wait for Oversoul to make a to-do list?

We should see if we can extend Oversoul indefinitely next time we do Oversoul. Or at least create some sort of Soul-Charge-recovering thing so we can re-enter it immediately thereafter.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: November 23, 2013, 06:14:52 pm »

Why do we need to wait for Oversoul to make a to-do list?

We should see if we can extend Oversoul indefinitely next time we do Oversoul. Or at least create some sort of Soul-Charge-recovering thing so we can re-enter it immediately thereafter.
We don't.

What I meant is that we should start keeping a list as soon as possible, and the list will be of things to do during Oversoul.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: November 23, 2013, 06:26:04 pm »

I was making a joke.
Sig

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: November 23, 2013, 07:08:43 pm »

Update already? Welp.

Astral Influx as weapon? Huh, seems like it is powered by Soul Charge and seems to deal nonrandom damage that depends on current level of SC. Wonder what "Combinatorial" does?

Spirit Archive: Just list? Nothing more? Can you select something from list?

Circuitrix's comment suggests she has at least two bosses. Serving two masters can end only well.

Proposed commands:
  • Move Hard Hat to Goombess. Move Red Wizard Hat to Cherish and equip it. As I said, our healer needs MSP. Those are, of course, preparations for DL4.
  • Ask Cherish how exactly Proxxy powered this crap up. She seen her do it, after all.
  • Failing everything above, Drop.

SLAP CIRCUITRIX WITH ALL 58% OF SOUL CHARGE IN A SINGLE SWORD THRUST
-1. I don't think I have to justify that one.

Initiate maneuver FUCK THAT DRAGON.
Only you can prevent dragon rape. -1.
While we are at it, -1 to any direct combat with dragon. -1 to throwing water on dragon (unless done in safe way). It is still suicidal (this SOB is way outta our league) and I think water will not do much to Stone Dragon.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:17:13 pm by reality.auditor »
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: November 23, 2013, 07:22:23 pm »

Move Hard Hat to Goombess. Move Red Wizard Hat to Cherish and equip it. As I said, our healer needs MSP. Those are, of course, preparations for DL4.
You assume we are immediately going to DL4.

Ask Cherish how exactly Proxxy powered this crap up. She seen her do it, after all.
I think that Proxxy powered up a teleporter, which this isn't. But no harm in asking, I guess.

-1. I don't think I have to justify that one.
I think that was a joke, but that would be a very bad idea.

Initiate maneuver FUCK THAT DRAGON.
Only you can prevent dragon rape. -1.
While we are at it, -1 to any direct combat with dragon. -1 to throwing water on dragon (unless done in safe way). It is still suicidal (this SOB is way outta our league) and I think water will not do much to Stone Dragon.
We don't know either of these things, and we could learn both by throwing water on the dragon.

+1 to all plans involving attacking the dragon. If throwing water on the dragon is tied/one behind tanking, -1 to tanking instead. -1 to Dropping.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:31:00 pm by Elephant Parade »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: November 23, 2013, 07:31:42 pm »

I want to say something: we haven't seen the menu of the normal water.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: November 23, 2013, 07:55:13 pm »

I stand by my assertion that Goom-bess is not our ally.  How could she have knowledge of the Angels but not of Proxxy?  Why was she so infatuated with Oric when describing him?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: November 23, 2013, 07:55:56 pm »

I stand by my assertion that Goom-bess is not our ally.  How could she have knowledge of the Angels but not of Proxxy?  Why was she so infatuated with Oric when describing him?

She's shallow and thought him handsome/cool?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: November 23, 2013, 08:26:05 pm »

I realize this is probably a joke, but -infinity.
EDIT: Also, Bottle of Water Menu.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:28:31 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: November 23, 2013, 08:32:14 pm »

Also, Bottle of Water Menu.
+1.

You assume we are immediately going to DL4.
Yes, my propositions are tied in. I want to Drop, so other command prepares to Drop. If I wanted to fight Stone Dragon, I would do some inventory management to maximize chances of party, but in my opinion it will not change much. 1.1% or 1.2% (just example), why bother?

We don't know either of these things
We know. We can estimate that Stone Dragon is way, way too powerful for current party that is - reminder - currently at 50% HP (in case of Ciro even worse, thanks to one certain suggestion that had no chance of success ::) ).

Returning to dragon...
Quote from: FFS
(Roll: 19) laularukyrumo is registered under Stone Dragon. The spirit appears as a great, grey, dragon-like creature with laser cannons for arms and jetpacks for wings. You're literally taken aback by awe at this point. It doesn't even have to make sense.

How we assess it's power without scan data? Both visually (picture, that missed laser ray) and from description of FFS and original creator, laularukyumo. Dragons already tends to be very powerful, high end creatures in RPGs - and we don't have high end characters. We have barely developed characters in weakened state.
Stone dragon would have hefty bonus to Damage Resistance on top - "Because why the fuck not, maybe I'll get a defense bonus.".
Jetpacks instead of wings are crazy, and two laser cannons, uh, I can bet those will oneshot any member of party. I guess Hard Hat guarded Cherish would survive two turns, if very lucky. Only Hard-Hatted, Bulwarked Al would have any chance of prolonged survival.

Fucking suicide, period.

I stand by my assertion that Goom-bess is not our ally.
This is correct. She is mencenary, not ally. I don't think she will backstab us, unless that whole strange incident with A.G. would cause that.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:37:54 pm by reality.auditor »
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 1544