Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897191 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Why DOES Cherish have 4 SP?
« Reply #9195 on: October 02, 2013, 09:36:23 pm »

^
    |
    |
    |

wait.

waaaaaiiiiit.

HOLY BALLS CHERISH USED HER AUTOHEAL THINGY. Or maybe she used it actively during the hellyfish fight. That's why she's down to 4 SP! Doesn't matter why, she can cast heals.

...I still think I'd rather she save it for herself, since she's the lowest HP and doesn't have narrative shifting abilities/dubious loyalty to the party/the most HP of anyone. Plus, if her autoheal thing works, then she can attack and heal herself if she takes lethal damage; two actions for the price of one! Hopefully it doesn't come to that, and we can decide where that heal goes after combat.

Once we're out of combat, we're gonna have to do some serious investigation of what exactly is covered by this "antimagic" field.
That may just mean she tried to cast and failed.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: October 02, 2013, 09:37:08 pm »

Spells that target allies don't require a roll, and therefore are not affected by AntiMagicBarrier
BloodShape is the exception, because FFS is a jerk.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: October 02, 2013, 09:44:26 pm »

^
    |
    |
    |

wait.

waaaaaiiiiit.

HOLY BALLS CHERISH USED HER AUTOHEAL THINGY. Or maybe she used it actively during the hellyfish fight. That's why she's down to 4 SP! Doesn't matter why, she can cast heals.

...I still think I'd rather she save it for herself, since she's the lowest HP and doesn't have narrative shifting abilities/dubious loyalty to the party/the most HP of anyone. Plus, if her autoheal thing works, then she can attack and heal herself if she takes lethal damage; two actions for the price of one! Hopefully it doesn't come to that, and we can decide where that heal goes after combat.

Once we're out of combat, we're gonna have to do some serious investigation of what exactly is covered by this "antimagic" field.
That may just mean she tried to cast and failed.

True, but I think the GM was giving us some subtle hints what with the title change and recent post *cough cough*

Spells that target allies don't require a roll, and therefore are not affected by AntiMagicBarrier
BloodShape is the exception, because FFS is a jerk.

This is a good explanation. Unfortunate that I think it is our only spell/skill that doesn't require a roll, but hey, we've got more healing than I had figured (dammit I SAID we shouldn't have wasted that SP potion to catch fairies.)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9198 on: October 03, 2013, 09:15:56 pm »

New poll!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9199 on: October 03, 2013, 09:25:34 pm »

???
Weren't heal spells and other party targeting spells insta-successes with no roll?

The anti-magic field just adds a penalty to rolls which don't happen if you're targeting yourself or allies....
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Underside
« Reply #9200 on: October 03, 2013, 11:36:45 pm »

Quote from: ffs
Al retrieves the S-box and his sword as Riltia follows and Cherish presses her staff to the ground in front of them. Al and Riltia both recover some HP. Cherish perks up upon seeing the red box.
Somebody was asking about what the staff does at some point. Did we lose the staff? I forget.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Underside
« Reply #9201 on: October 03, 2013, 11:42:16 pm »

Quote from: ffs
Al retrieves the S-box and his sword as Riltia follows and Cherish presses her staff to the ground in front of them. Al and Riltia both recover some HP. Cherish perks up upon seeing the red box.
Somebody was asking about what the staff does at some point. Did we lose the staff? I forget.
It burned.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: All shipping is canon
« Reply #9202 on: October 03, 2013, 11:48:26 pm »

Know what would be an interesting theorycraft? How we could've saved Yaos.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: October 04, 2013, 12:22:10 am »

It's one that's bugged me ever since we knew he was dying, but my poor little brain still can't figure it out.

That and the bleeding thing, as my gut says they are connected.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: October 04, 2013, 12:36:00 am »

It's one that's bugged me ever since we knew he was dying, but my poor little brain still can't figure it out.

how about "taking away the item that was eating his/her soul"
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: October 04, 2013, 12:39:03 am »

But it might have started eating our soul instead. Thus safer variation would be: "taking away the item that was eating his/her soul, grinding it up and forcibly injecting it into someone whose soul we don't care about".
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: October 04, 2013, 12:45:37 am »

But it might have started eating our soul instead. Thus safer variation would be: "taking away the item that was eating his/her soul, grinding it up and forcibly injecting it into someone whose soul we don't care about".
>Grind up his Soul Star to save her
What could go wrong!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: October 04, 2013, 12:50:53 am »

What could go wrong!
We are not "Grinding up Yaos's Soul Star to save Yaos". We are "Grinding up Yaos's Soul Star to save Yaos from the Soul Star". As long as it doesn't get the kill or assist in the kill, it's a success.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: October 04, 2013, 12:52:10 am »

What could go wrong!
Actually, we could've given him soul charge. Remember Oversoul? Assuming we can do that without Oversoul, we could've saved him easily. If Oversoul is necessary, we would've had to trigger Oversoul, but it would still have been doable.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: October 04, 2013, 01:11:08 am »

What could go wrong!
Actually, we could've given him soul charge. Remember Oversoul? Assuming we can do that without Oversoul, we could've saved him easily. If Oversoul is necessary, we would've had to trigger Oversoul, but it would still have been doable.
Possibility 1) Destroying the Soul Star does more damage than "just give them more Soul Charge" can fix.
Implication 1) Either Oversoul is needed to fix it, in which case it wouldn't have made a difference unless we could Oversoul on demand, and if we could do that this game would be hilariously easier, or else Oversoul can't fix it, in which case we would have been screwed anyway.
Possibility 2) Destroying the Soul Star does not do more damage than "just give them more Soul Charge" can fix.
Implication 2) If we had done so, we might have been able to fix it then, but we may be able to fix them next time we Oversoul anyway.
Possibility 3) Destroying the Soul Star could have killed, maimed, or otherwise done terrible things to us and/or those around us.
Implication 3) Fuck that noise.
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1544