Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896658 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Underwater segments now in 3D!
« Reply #8550 on: August 18, 2013, 08:00:34 pm »

Flirt with young Hellyfish in a not-at-all creepy manner.
Whew... Just spent about a week trying to read through the thread.
1-We don't have the ring currently.
2-The ring can be used for normal diplomacy. There is no need to put the word "flirt" to make the bonus work. So I wouldn't use that word when we are dealing with hellspawned jellyfish.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: August 18, 2013, 08:07:17 pm »

We're not SUPPOSED to be able to kill Searchbots. Did you not notice how crazy OP they were for that DL? Or the part where FFS has gone on record multiple times saying that open combat is intended to get you murdered and you're supposed to cheat the system dwarven-style?
My point. Searchbots are strong enough that you don't fight them.
But if you live in the middle of what's basically their I-94, you're going to have to. Multiple times per day, when they're moving around a lot.

Well, the Searchbots are Proxxy's thing, so if she doesn't have a reason to deploy them to the Underside, she won't. Not to mention the Underside Village is basically located in a dead end, with the steep dropoff on the East end of it. You don't go through Underside Village to get places, you go past it. It may have to relocate now that we've blown a hole in the Searchbot highway over Mili's house... or maybe they'll just repair it and go on with their lives.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: August 18, 2013, 08:09:46 pm »

...-1

We're not SUPPOSED to be able to kill Searchbots. Did you not notice how crazy OP they were for that DL? Or the part where FFS has gone on record multiple times saying that open combat is intended to get you murdered and you're supposed to cheat the system dwarven-style?
My point. Searchbots are strong enough that you don't fight them.
But if you live in the middle of what's basically their I-94, you're going to have to. Multiple times per day, when they're moving around a lot.
Well, the Searchbots are Proxxy's thing, so if she doesn't have a reason to deploy them to the Underside, she won't. Not to mention the Underside Village is basically located in a dead end, with the steep dropoff on the East end of it. You don't go through Underside Village to get places, you go past it. It may have to relocate now that we've blown a hole in the Searchbot highway over Mili's house... or maybe they'll just repair it and go on with their lives.
I was referring to a previous explanation of "Why are the vents big enough to toss people in, anyways?" which suggested that the vents were used as a way for searchbots to get around.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: August 18, 2013, 08:29:42 pm »

...-1
Erm... Yeah... I just reread that, and I heartily agree. It's doomed to failure and sounds WAY more pedophilic than I intended.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: August 19, 2013, 10:43:23 am »

Hooooooooooooooooly snap this is a lot of homework! Don't expect an update anytime soon. I do have something to show later, though.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: August 19, 2013, 11:42:20 am »

...-1
Erm... Yeah... I just reread that, and I heartily agree. It's doomed to failure and sounds WAY more pedophilic than I intended.
Not only pedophilic, but also zoophilic, and, considering that these Hellyfish have something to do with hell, darkness and maybe undeath, the comment can be even classified as necrophilic. ;)

Anyway, I want them as pets.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: August 19, 2013, 02:19:47 pm »

If i was a really evil GM doing this game, i'd make Ciro sound like Slog when underwater, just to rub in Slogs death.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: August 19, 2013, 02:22:56 pm »

If i was a really evil GM doing this game, i'd make Ciro sound like Slog when underwater, just to rub in Slogs death.

good job you just gave me a reason to actively work towards killing off ciro the odds of ffs passing this one up are less than 5%

i hope you're proud of yourself

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: August 19, 2013, 07:26:44 pm »

good job you just gave me a reason to actively work towards killing off ciro the odds of ffs passing this one up are less than 5%
...What? Why are you trying to kill Ciro?
-1 to present and future actions by LordSlowpoke involving Ciro unless otherwise noted.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: August 19, 2013, 08:08:22 pm »

Hooooooooooooooooly snap this is a lot of homework! Don't expect an update anytime soon. I do have something to show later, though.

I don't think any of us are expecting frequent updates. Please don't kill yourself, that tends to do bad things to update speed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: August 19, 2013, 09:02:11 pm »

Nah- it just fills updates with references to braaaaaaaains.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: August 19, 2013, 09:34:38 pm »

...What? Why are you trying to kill Ciro?
-1 to present and future actions by LordSlowpoke involving Ciro unless otherwise noted.

I've got to ask... You do realize that LordSlowpoke is joking around 80% (or more) of the time, right? You take everything he says seriously.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: August 19, 2013, 09:38:28 pm »

I take everything everyone says seriously. It's hard to tell tone over the Internet, and people get more annoyed if you act as though they're being sarcastic when they're not.
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: August 19, 2013, 10:03:54 pm »

Unused content in Warrens!

A while back, someone (I think monk12) asked if there was any other unused content in Warrens, and I told him/her I'd compile some info. Well, I'm a bit tardy, but now's as good as ever. Interesting note: there's not much "truly unused" content in the game. Most stuff has been repurposed in some way.

Way back when I originally doodled and statted up a bunch of monsters in Trig class one day, the cleaning bot was going to be an uncommon foe on D:2. It would have been fairly similar to Polaris but with less power and extra ranged capacity. The 'bot was a fairly rare entry on the enemy roll table, and by the time most of the level was explored, I'd never once rolled this enemy up, so I decided to repurpose it as a servant to a yet-unseen character.

(Click to enlarge) This an incomplete DL3-themed sub-dungeon that went totally and entirely unused for various reasons.

The unused sprites for Loot Juice and Oric Cola, respectively. Loot Juice has a slightly different design now, and Oric Cola has so far not appeared.

On the same topic: although Oric's shop signs were redrawn, they're still the same as our first look at them. Humorously, the "juiced up juice now 50% off" sign still remains (even though it's called "magic juice" now).

(Click to enlarge) These textures, originally shown in the 3D concept image before we exited DL2, were considered for the primary DL3 textures but later discarded.

During the brief period after Ciro exited the LSS, some characters had slightly more detailed that looked even sillier at the normal resolution than they did expanded. Instead of zooming in, I went back to the normal ones after a while.

Most of the characters have back sprites scattered throughout some of the files, but I was too lazy to find them. Only Al and old Ciro's have ever been used.

Illborn Riltia was never seen from below her main body segments, but on the bottom of her worm body, she had a spinning platform of machine claws in the shape of the Searchbot claws.

Stat points are still available as an exceedingly rare random drop, but they no longer look like this.

I'm actually not sure what this texture on the sell/buy mats is or where it came from originally.

DL2 was originally going to have some sort of conveyor puzzle.

That's all I can find for now. Hope it's sufficient.

It's hard to tell tone over the Internet

It's... really not after you spend even a fraction of the time you've spent on the forums learn to do so.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:19:05 pm by freeformschooler »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: August 19, 2013, 10:09:42 pm »

Illborn Riltia was never seen from below her main body segments, but on the bottom of her worm body, she had a spinning platform of machine claws in the shape of the Searchbot claws.
Discuss.

It's hard to tell tone over the Internet
It's... really not after you spend even a fraction of the time you've spent on the forums learn to do so.
You can't hear their voice, see their face, or really know much about them. And on Bay12, you can never tell if the suggestion to skin a cat and turn it into a hat is serious or not. Or both.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1544