Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896829 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Oric the Frugal
« Reply #8295 on: August 15, 2013, 11:26:22 am »

Then let's just slap Cherish or Goombess ourself and see the result.
Self/Self shows up on the grid!
Yes. This. So much this. I want to see it. Please upvote this, people.
Yes! Good idea. Hitting ourself always works!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: August 15, 2013, 11:32:13 am »

Then let's just slap Cherish or Goombess ourself and see the result.
Self/Self shows up on the grid!
Yes. This. So much this. I want to see it. Please upvote this, people.
Yes! Good idea. Hitting on ourself always works!
Well, people have been saying we need to catch up to Al and learn things from him.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: August 15, 2013, 11:44:16 am »

-1 to slapping self.

To try and bolster an alternative option: +1 to Self-Pity. It's an experiment, people!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: August 15, 2013, 11:49:15 am »

-1 to slapping self.

To try and bolster an alternative option: +1 to Self-Pity. It's an experiment, people!
We did quite enough of that earlier. Even Riltia got sick of it. Cherish and Proxxy are likely to be much less tolerant.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: August 15, 2013, 02:41:33 pm »

4. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHOW COMPASSION. Mercenaries can smell gullibility. The moment you stop hitting them with a stick, they will run off laughing with 50 Stream Rubies. Mercenaries will try to trick you into caring about them by "talking to you," but you should ignore or punish them for this treachery.

No nice nice to Goom-Bess.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: August 15, 2013, 02:49:40 pm »

Yes nice-nice to Goom-Bess. You need to take care of your mercenaries, even if they are just tools.

Let me put it this way: Goom-Bess is adept at learning very specific things about people just by reading their fan magazines or...whatever she did to research the HP and MP of the Big Wisp. What happens if we treat her badly enough that she leaves? No, we need to treat Goom-Bess as a person so she doesn't defect.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: August 15, 2013, 03:01:14 pm »

Never listen to the toaster, he is an agent of the merchant!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: August 15, 2013, 03:10:17 pm »

and who are you? he speaks what the wyrm doesn't want, he's either a double agent or you are one of lichenstein's crew

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: August 15, 2013, 03:14:47 pm »

Is this game going to end with Oric and Spira in our party or in our inventory while we fight Lichenstein? Since at this rate it might just happen :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: August 15, 2013, 03:20:20 pm »

and who are you? he speaks what the wyrm doesn't want, he's either a double agent or you are one of lichenstein's crew
I care not what the worms wants, but that which is a tool against the merchant is a tool to be taken care of, not to be thrashed when amusing. What about you though, throwing up smoke screens and insinuations all the time but always leaving the merchant alone. WHAT OF YOU?!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: August 15, 2013, 03:24:06 pm »

Oh lord. The good and evil conspiracy theorists are fighting. Is this the start of a debacle that ends with the moral that there isn't any such thing as a good or evil conspiracy theorist, just insane ones?
Sig

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: August 15, 2013, 03:28:37 pm »

I care not what the worms wants, but that which is a tool against the merchant is a tool to be taken care of, not to be thrashed when amusing. What about you though, throwing up smoke screens and insinuations all the time but always leaving the merchant alone. WHAT OF YOU?!

why do you not care what the worms wants? the worms are a product of malice, a product of acid, a good dice roll in a sea of turkish delights to be seen at the end of dawn. who am i? i am a tree spirit. what is the work of the merchant to a tree spirit, when even oric has to play along with the merchant's rules and the merchant is absolutely independent of the machinations of the very market they produced? why do you care about amusement? are you not entertained? are you not entertained by the logic that operates in this dungeon? for the land we call the warrens has no purpose other than existing in the post-scarcity world it was produced in, to be as ridiculous and over-the-top as possible for the sad soul who gets thrown in as a sick reality show for a society that just does not care anymore, throwing its own perpetually running machines into the depths of space to be forgotten. you don't know what you're getting into, kid. put your asynchronic foil hat back on and keep watching. it's for your own good.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: August 15, 2013, 03:29:48 pm »

are you not entertained?
Yes. It's kinda getting annoying.
Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: August 15, 2013, 03:36:37 pm »

Exactly, as you said why do I care what the worms want when the merchant is on a level that of which supersedes even that of Oric. Assuming the merchant isn't Oric, or rather Oric isn't the merchant... I care nothing for amusement, only that of results! RESULTS! The merchant must be overthrown, for the tyranny of 'capitalism ho' has gone too far, and the atom of the smiths hates our guts! Don't you see the imbalance in this precarious system brought about by the very waggle of his/her/its decietful eyebrows?!

You call the lands post-scarcity, but it is by said Merchant that this post is only for some, and the scarcity for others! You ignore the very fabric to see nothing but that which you speak, you forget yourself... Tree spirit. Your insinuations shall not draw me away, the merchant will turn you into the very vile paper of his ledger if you ignore him, ye shall not tempt me away from my righteous path!

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: August 15, 2013, 05:07:16 pm »

Yes nice-nice to Goom-Bess. You need to take care of your mercenaries, even if they are just tools.

Let me put it this way: Goom-Bess is adept at learning very specific things about people just by reading their fan magazines or...whatever she did to research the HP and MP of the Big Wisp. What happens if we treat her badly enough that she leaves? No, we need to treat Goom-Bess as a person so she doesn't defect.

+1

Who wrote the mercenary manual? Chief? Oric? We don't know! But we probably shouldn't trust it as gospel truth. We should be treating the mercenaries as people, because they are people, albeit probably ones who've had their Soul Stars stolen. (Which would explain why they supposedly can't level or be improved.)

Remember, much of the dungeon, and the game mechanics within, appear to be constructs: a fable designed to distract the Target from the true nature of the Cycles. The whole 'Mercenaries are soulless shells, use them as cannon fodder' thing is likely a false distinction created to enforce that gamey feeling. Besides, Ciro may be a sociopathic loot-hungry jerk, but she's not that much of one.

Now that I mention it... Did we ever ask Goombess about her backstory? Slog got sucked in and had his soul torn out, and tried to fill the emptiness inside with food. If something similar happened to Goombess, is she trying to fill the void with information?
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1544