Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894421 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5460 on: June 03, 2013, 06:30:12 pm »

There's nothing to say that Milli didn't sic the Astral Influx on us.
Nothing to say she did, however.

Spoiler: theorycrafting (click to show/hide)
What do you think?
Increased sensitivity just means Ciro would be affected more, not that she'd be the only one affected. Moreover, the pain went away almost instantly--why?

Something tells me that FFS is laughing his ass off reading these theories because we are way off base.
I wonder what he thought about my theory about HC.

and finally, who the hell are our parents? They raised the most effed up bunch of kids ever.

Isn't it obvious? We are our parents!

Yes, I'm joking.
Unless*Dramatic Pause|Plot Twist* WE AREN'T ACTUALLY RELATED!!! 8)
Also:Reading through the updates, we can see that the skill tree can upgrade abilities; place acid and Growth into Tree
I'm temped to say that we should wait, but it will free up two slots and help us learn more. I agree, because we don't particularly need either reagent.
True. And, whatever happens, it'll probably be interesting and might give us insight into how the Tree works. +1

Spoiler: Angels (click to show/hide)
Interesting...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: June 03, 2013, 07:01:35 pm »

It's a skill tree! Lets us create and upgrade skills using common reagents/essences!(We could have used the essence of slime for something cool)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: June 03, 2013, 07:52:21 pm »

It's a skill tree! Lets us create and upgrade skills using common reagents/essences!(We could have used the essence of slime for something cool)
Maybe we'll be able to salvage it, should the resurrection not go as intended. Unless it creates a Not!Slog, in which case we lost our investment and gained the financial equivalent of a bright pink Bengal tiger.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Also note the hint in the last paragraph.  There is lots of implication in there, and is probably something worth searching up.

I think that's my new private TheoryQuest- When did we encounter (however indirectly) Oric BEFORE the Oversoul segment?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: June 03, 2013, 08:11:58 pm »

I can't think of anything, but if something comes up during my Troping archive binge I'll let you know.
Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Also note the hint in the last paragraph.  There is lots of implication in there, and is probably something worth searching up.

I think that's my new private TheoryQuest- When did we encounter (however indirectly) Oric BEFORE the Oversoul segment?

It seems extremely unlikely, but we're not sure who that Soul Star in the machine belonged to, and they seem to change appearance as they level up...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: June 03, 2013, 09:35:49 pm »

I said it before, I'll say it again. The merchants are Oric in disguise.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: June 03, 2013, 09:49:43 pm »

Silly us, we thought Oric might be farming us for Soul Charge, but actually he's just a regular old gold farmer!

Or, alternately, it's a hobby. Y'know, can't spend all your time with vaguely ominous dialogue and implicit threats.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: June 03, 2013, 09:53:02 pm »

Oh, how you guys are going to LOVE dungeon level 3.

Speaking of which, update soon but not tonight.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: June 03, 2013, 09:54:32 pm »

Hm... maybe the statue?

Supposedly the hammer symbol is everywhere, I guess we could go back and sift through looking for that.

Egads, it'd explain everything. Their arbitrary dickishness, their extreme similarity, their access to items of great power, their presumed untouchability...

Oh, how you guys are going to LOVE dungeon level 3.
...well that's ominous.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: June 03, 2013, 09:56:54 pm »

Open Quest Log.

I read back through at all of what Alive Ciro encountered between game start and the OS Teleport.  It really wasn't much since he was dead for so much of it.

Spoiler: Here's a list (click to show/hide)

Now I'm not saying it didn't happen while he was dead, but that'd be a bit silly.  I didn't think to check around for the Hammer symbol- derp.  Next time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: June 03, 2013, 09:58:02 pm »

I can totally buy that

Enemy getting dangerously close to your lair? Why? Easy, just RAISE THE PRICE OF POTIONS.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: June 03, 2013, 09:59:36 pm »

Hrm. Could that have been a reference to interacting with Proxxy, then? She's his underling, so strictly speaking that'd count as very removed interaction...

Of course, you could say the same about searchbots, I suppose.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: June 03, 2013, 10:01:26 pm »

And Riltia, for that matter.

And Ciro shimself.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: June 03, 2013, 10:04:54 pm »

I honestly thought FFS was talking about the teleporter pad in dungeon level one, or Betweenford. Both of them were things I don't think he overall expected us to do, and I still can't help but feel there's more meaning to the first meeting with Betweenford than is perceived.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1544