Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895287 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5415 on: June 02, 2013, 09:12:46 pm »

@GWG: No, unfortunately there's only the generic 'metal'. Actually the way Slog looks now he has a chance of coming back as a blorble babble, which would be amusing and if I remember Dragon Quest 1 correctly give him poison abilities.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: June 02, 2013, 09:16:51 pm »

Hey, what if it's not Ciro who was the Target, but it was Milli?
Then us being merged with her caused Ciro to become the target, and when Riltia is talking to us, she's acknowledging Milli?

That's actually crazy enough to be plausible, since most of the info tying Ciro to the Target directly comes after the rez tank.

I don't think it's right, especially since the Astral Influx is now confirmed to be Our Thing, but still. Interesting implications.

Also I forgot to mention it earlier, but that spate of suggestions for Goombess to tattle on Cherish/her apparel? The reason she didn't is because she hasn't met Cherish before, because Cherish has only been abroad in the dungeon for... er, however long it's been. Not long, I assume. Anyway, point is that Goombess can't tattle on things she hasn't encountered before- her ability is to refer to her private bestiary, and not cast a generic Identify spell or something like that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: June 02, 2013, 09:25:13 pm »

Then us being merged with her caused Ciro to become the target, and when Riltia is talking to us, she's acknowledging Milli?
I've been archive-delving for the TV Tropes page, and the Target was never referred to as such before the resurrection.
The only issue is that the Astral Influx seems to have been Ciro's Soul Star even before the fusion...and why would Milli stash it at the top of the dungeon?
Of course, that's not to say it's impossible. I don't think the AI was noted as being ours pre-Blood-Maging.

@GWG: No, unfortunately there's only the generic 'metal'. Actually the way Slog looks now he has a chance of coming back as a blorble babble, which would be amusing and if I remember Dragon Quest 1 correctly give him poison abilities.
Hm...

Quick note for us Tropers: What kinds of things should be spoilered? Ciro turning female? Ciro dying? Slog dying? Al temporarily dying? Oversoul? The Soul Stars? Ciro being the Target? Etc?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: June 02, 2013, 09:26:08 pm »

I think everything except the soul stars maybe, based on what has already been spoilered
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: June 02, 2013, 09:28:59 pm »

I just rediscovered this blurb after re-reading Ciro's revival (since I didn't remember Al mentioning he put Mili in the same tank). Was the tank always in the Greens, or did it get moved there? If it was always in the Greens, what happened to the other 6 (presumably for Oric and the other 5 Siblings)? If it got moved there, who moved it, and where are the others now?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: June 02, 2013, 09:33:36 pm »

I've been archive-delving for the TV Tropes page, and the Target was never referred to as such before the resurrection.
The only issue is that the Astral Influx seems to have been Ciro's Soul Star even before the fusion...and why would Milli stash it at the top of the dungeon?
Of course, that's not to say it's impossible. I don't think the AI was noted as being ours pre-Blood-Maging.

Hm...

Quick note for us Tropers: What kinds of things should be spoilered? Ciro turning female? Ciro dying? Slog dying? Al temporarily dying? Oversoul? The Soul Stars? Ciro being the Target? Etc?
Whole page.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: June 02, 2013, 09:34:50 pm »

Hm, reading that now, it almost seems like Mili was to be someone important. I wonder what might of happened if Ciro and Mili never died.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: June 02, 2013, 09:35:34 pm »

How about we not spoiler anything?

Anyone who looks at the whole thing is probably someone who's read it through.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: June 02, 2013, 09:36:17 pm »

But it's fun :(
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: June 02, 2013, 09:36:24 pm »

I think everything except the soul stars maybe, based on what has already been spoilered
Most of that was cautious spoilering by your truly.

I just rediscovered this blurb after re-reading Ciro's revival (since I didn't remember Al mentioning he put Mili in the same tank). Was the tank always in the Greens, or did it get moved there? If it was always in the Greens, what happened to the other 6 (presumably for Oric and the other 5 Siblings)? If it got moved there, who moved it, and where are the others now?
A better question: How does Ciro know this?
It's probably not Mili, because that doesn't explain why "the girl" would be next to her...

Hm, reading that now, it almost seems like Mili was to be someone important. I wonder what might of happened if Ciro and Mili never died.
To the Alternate Universe Generator!

What about people who are attracted to The Warrens via TV Tropes?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: June 02, 2013, 09:37:56 pm »

What about people who are attracted to The Warrens via TV Tropes?

Also, I put a link in the OP.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: June 02, 2013, 09:40:08 pm »

A better question: How does Ciro know this?
It's probably not Mili, because that doesn't explain why "the girl" would be next to her...

I'm guessing a brief moment of clarity, remembering past cycles.

Your surroundings prove remarkably easy to escape.

You have a feeling of Deja Vu.

You feel like you have done this before.

Many.

Many.

Many times before.

It happened again:

My guess is that "the girl" is Riltia, given her apparent connection to Ciro.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: June 02, 2013, 09:42:13 pm »

Yeah, this is almost certainly gonna be a huge plot thing when we actually get some answers in that regard.

Yeaaaah... now that you mention it, it does sound like the girl Ciro refers to is Mili, and not the missing Riltia like I had initially thought. Shit, did we accidentally kill one of the Siblings really damn early in the story? Seems incredible since she was basically oneshot by a random encounter, but Death is Cheap in the Warrens. Her body wasn't in that revivification tube when we shoved Slog in there...

Except that half the point of making a tropes page is to lure new readers who wouldn't want to be spoiled? If it were up to me I would spoiler most things after and including Yandere Riltia, since that's about the point the plot (and its associated twists) kicks in. Then again, I'm doing zero work on the tropes page, so go nuts :P

FAKEEDT: Four! Four new ninjas! ah ah ah

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: June 02, 2013, 09:45:57 pm »

Oh no..... Mili isn't a sibling, let me find that exposition for you!
BACK IN 5!
Quote from: ????
Five left.
Meh, he would have said four left
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:53:04 pm by javierpwn »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: June 02, 2013, 09:53:24 pm »

Oh no..... Mili isn't a sibling, let me find that exposition for you!
BACK IN 5!
Quote from: ????
Five left.

Hm... Five left?

Yo I think Oric is trying to kill ALL of his Sinister Siblings.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1544