Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897605 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #3495 on: May 08, 2013, 09:15:59 pm »

*gasps* FINALLY FINISHED! Well, I wasn't going to do anything useful today anyway.

My brain is still too full of fuck to take a stab at the crazy theory game, but I do think we should head back to the Underside. That's where we ended up the last time we fell in a trap pit, and I don't fancy picking a fight with some monster on D2 with just Ciro and Slog in the party, and (probably) no respawns to be had. If they don't show up soon then Plan B can be "continue exploring D2" in the hopes of meeting up with Cherish/finding the ruby for the healy merc/meeting new and exciting side characters.

Now to cope with archive whiplash...

I'd prefer it if we get Slog to cast windirection on both himself and Ciro, and try to get Al and Riltia back.

We already tried to jump down after them, but the trapdoor won't trigger again. Though this would be a clever standing order in case of future trapdoors.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: May 08, 2013, 09:17:08 pm »

I'd prefer it if we get Slog to cast windirection on both himself and Ciro, and try to get Al and Riltia back.
Then the only thing we can hope to do is bloodshape some kind of explosive device!  Or overload the doors weight limit by piling crates onto them, having Slog float them if necessary.  If this fails then we should head south after preparing, possibly by fighting the heartless fight first.  It will also unlock a merc with ice magic, which FFS says gets a bonus to all magical creatures.  Meaning the wimpy wisps here, but good to remember later in the dungeon...could REALLY use thunder though, so I propose we pray to the great overlord that he changes the reward to a Yellow Opera!  Sooo many robots...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: May 08, 2013, 09:18:38 pm »

Don't forget to plan to exploit the ladder exploit we discovered way back at the start of the game in order to phase through the trap door.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: May 08, 2013, 09:22:23 pm »

Oh, right, doors shut...

...Hey, remember how we saved with both of them there, thus their stats are saved? What would happen if we restore it? Would they be transported to us?

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: May 08, 2013, 09:23:46 pm »

Then the only thing we can hope to do is bloodshape some kind of explosive device!  Or overload the doors weight limit by piling crates onto them, having Slog float them if necessary.  If this fails then we should head south after preparing, possibly by fighting the heartless fight first.  It will also unlock a merc with ice magic, which FFS says gets a bonus to all magical creatures.  Meaning the wimpy wisps here, but good to remember later in the dungeon...could REALLY use thunder though, so I propose we pray to the great overlord that he changes the reward to a Yellow Opera!  Sooo many robots...

Ugh, no. Yellow Opera does crap for damage and thunder isn't strong against almost anything. The only reason thunder is good when Sora uses it is because it's AoE. Even then, you're better off with a different spell until you get it to thundara at the least. Not to mention the enemies here are electricity based and will likely absorb it. I agree about the possibility of the heartless fight though, the arena we did with only two party members seemed appropriately difficult, so I imagine they won't throw five soldiers and a large body at us.
Dendritic.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: May 08, 2013, 09:26:42 pm »

Based on the universe he came through, if we find a plant level we must give him ALL the seeds.  For now...the trap was trying to keep us from the south.  It thinned our party.  So there's probably something plot-relevant there, though that might mean we should hold off until we skill up.  We need skills badly, but unfortunately the merchant might not be selling a skill slot, unless the Bag Full of Slot will give us both a slot for skills and a bag of holding, in which case we NEEDS it!
We have no money right now though and our inventory is full so I propose a trip to the bank before any spelunking.
See, I can understand the desire, but stuff like this is why I really wish we had done some more focused tip purchasing. Knowing stuff like this for certain would be a great help.

On the other hand, better to beg forgiveness than ask permission, I guess?

My brain is still too full of fuck to take a stab at the crazy theory game, but I do think we should head back to the Underside. That's where we ended up the last time we fell in a trap pit, and I don't fancy picking a fight with some monster on D2 with just Ciro and Slog in the party, and (probably) no respawns to be had. If they don't show up soon then Plan B can be "continue exploring D2" in the hopes of meeting up with Cherish/finding the ruby for the healy merc/meeting new and exciting side characters.
Gonna reluctantly second this. If we can't rejoin them immediately (and it looks like we can't), we're pretty much stuck operating on our own and hoping we run into them again.

Oh, right, doors shut...

...Hey, remember how we saved with both of them there, thus their stats are saved? What would happen if we restore it? Would they be transported to us?
Trippy, but I doubt it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: May 08, 2013, 09:29:36 pm »

Well, we could always Peek South.  We were allowed to peek waaaaaaay back in the beginning, so I don't see why we couldn't do it again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: May 08, 2013, 09:31:23 pm »

Well, we had to open the door as well, although I guess that won't be too much of a problem. If there's strong enemies, we just flee.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: May 08, 2013, 09:31:53 pm »

FFS typically is totally cool with fleeing as an approach to dungeoneering.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: May 08, 2013, 09:32:19 pm »

Ugh, no. Yellow Opera does crap for damage and thunder isn't strong against almost anything. The only reason thunder is good when Sora uses it is because it's AoE. Even then, you're better off with a different spell until you get it to thundara at the least. Not to mention the enemies here are electricity based and will likely absorb it. I agree about the possibility of the heartless fight though, the arena we did with only two party members seemed appropriately difficult, so I imagine they won't throw five soldiers and a large body at us.

I was referring to FFS's earlier post about how thunder does twice the damage to machines, while our current merc's fire does twice the damage to organics.  We can count how many organics we've fought on one hand, while there are Searchbots EVERYWHERE, and the boss of this level is called "The Mechanic" while having stats that roughly match ours.  Polaris probably had more health than her, so she'll either have Cherish help, or she'll call in robots.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: May 08, 2013, 09:34:33 pm »

Call down to them, see if we get a response.

If you don't hear from them, just head back to the checkpoint and restore your save. Crisis averted.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: May 08, 2013, 09:36:31 pm »

For what it's worth...lightning does seem like it'll be useful.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: May 08, 2013, 09:42:12 pm »

Getting Al back in the party is a mixed blessing when it comes to finding Cherish.  We don't know just how she'll react to seeing Al again.  Seeing Riltia may alleviate things, and... did she ever meet Ciro?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: May 08, 2013, 09:43:45 pm »

She met his corpse
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: May 08, 2013, 09:44:59 pm »

Fleeing is all well and good, but what happens if we run into a monster faster than us? Or if we run into Proxxy and she tries to do nasty things to us? Or worse, what if they're guarding the good loot!?! Fleeing is a perfectly valid strategy, but I'd rather be able to destroy whatever is in our way.

Call down to them, see if we get a response.

If you don't hear from them, just head back to the checkpoint and restore your save. Crisis averted.

IIRC the save restore won't work, as it didn't reset our items when we tried, and I'm PRETTY sure that when we did it, other party members had already walked offscreen and were NOT pulled back to us.

I think the save restore is just a fancy way to heal ourselves without using consumables. Although now that I say that, it's probably a good idea to check the save point anyway- it should list their current HP, so we'll know whether they are dead or wounded. We might even be able to heal them remotely if they took damage in the fall!

For what it's worth...lightning does seem like it'll be useful.

We need another wisp in a bottle for Ritlia in case we meet another electric boss.

Getting Al back in the party is a mixed blessing when it comes to finding Cherish.  We don't know just how she'll react to seeing Al again.  Seeing Riltia may alleviate things, and... did she ever meet Ciro?

I'm pretty sure she didn't meet Ciro, but isn't her ship meter with Ritlia in a bad place?
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 1544