Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895080 times)

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #3375 on: May 06, 2013, 07:56:34 pm »

Am I the only one who doesn't want to completely rework Slog? How is basically eliminating any chance to experience his growth as a slime a goody? We haven't even scanned him, why are you guys so set on this? I'd like to re-iterate that the final skill of the "Slimer" skill set in DQ:M is regeneration, and they get some other very nice skills on the way. How do Heal and Midheal sound? Let's have some faith in the best dang monster from all of Dragon Quest.
Dendritic.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: May 06, 2013, 08:02:32 pm »

Eh... Fine. I say we scan Slog afterwords, or scan the chief, whichever after this. If only to confirm if this can indeed happen, and because scanning is free.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: May 06, 2013, 08:12:22 pm »

Am I the only one who doesn't want to completely rework Slog? How is basically eliminating any chance to experience his growth as a slime a goody? We haven't even scanned him, why are you guys so set on this? I'd like to re-iterate that the final skill of the "Slimer" skill set in DQ:M is regeneration, and they get some other very nice skills on the way. How do Heal and Midheal sound? Let's have some faith in the best dang monster from all of Dragon Quest.

On the other hand...

3. Don't try to improve them. Mercenaries cannot "stat up," "gain slots," "get EXP" or anything like that. They're stuck the way they are, so don't even try to improve them. Seriously.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: May 06, 2013, 08:31:26 pm »

On the other hand...

3. Don't try to improve them. Mercenaries cannot "stat up," "gain slots," "get EXP" or anything like that. They're stuck the way they are, so don't even try to improve them. Seriously.

Yes, because that second quote is definitely an argument to try giving Slog a class/race/whatever change.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: May 06, 2013, 08:32:32 pm »

On the other hand...

Yes, because that second quote is definitely an argument to try giving Slog a class/race/whatever change.
I'm pretty sure we swore off that kind of logic after the Polaris incident >:(
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: May 06, 2013, 08:35:32 pm »

I figured the rules were more "suggestions" than actual rules, as in stuff that is a literal thing that can't happen. I mean, I think we've broken most, if not all of the rules already when dealing with Slog.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: May 06, 2013, 08:40:00 pm »

The mushroom was a temporary effect, not character progression.

I'm all for giving him a cool hat, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: May 06, 2013, 08:47:45 pm »

I also don't want to improve Slog.
In part because of the recommendation of the Mercenary Guide thing.

I figured the rules were more "suggestions" than actual rules, as in stuff that is a literal thing that can't happen. I mean, I think we've broken most, if not all of the rules already when dealing with Slog.
They were suggested for a reason, though...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: May 06, 2013, 11:23:03 pm »

If he can't improve, dump him.  His stats suck compared to the rest of the party, he only has 3 inventory slots, he's trying to start a cult, and his one spell does small damage, though the bonus to flesh would change that if we ever fought fleshy things besides the spider and worm things.  Mostly robots and wisps around these parts.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: May 06, 2013, 11:32:39 pm »

If he can't improve, dump him.  His stats suck compared to the rest of the party, he only has 3 inventory slots, he's trying to start a cult, and his one spell does small damage, though the bonus to flesh would change that if we ever fought fleshy things besides the spider and worm things.  Mostly robots and wisps around these parts.

Then we'd have an empty party slot.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: May 06, 2013, 11:34:56 pm »

Then we'd have an empty party slot.
Is it not possible to get a new party boy?
Not that one. (link is SFW, just music)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: May 06, 2013, 11:35:53 pm »

Just out of the merc pool, and they all can't improve.

Keeping Slog is costing us nothing right now, so there's zero reason to get rid of him.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: May 07, 2013, 03:29:34 am »

but what about that amazing ruby healer, once we get back to DL2?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: May 07, 2013, 03:37:38 am »

What about her? We have to go find her gem that could be anywhere in a large randomised dungeon, something we'll need all our party for, then we can see about switching Slog to an inactive party slot and making the Healer active.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: May 07, 2013, 03:50:33 am »

Yeaaaah see the problem is with your argument is that A: The swapping of party slots seem relativly easy, going to find her gem is also going to help us find the way down to DL3, it is a dungeon crawler game at heart, so we'd also get new/better items, I honestly dont see why people are stating exploring as a downside.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 1544