Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894516 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #3345 on: May 05, 2013, 10:35:54 pm »

I also just realized something. "He is NEVER dead when he reaches you". This implies that we will reach Cain ...

Or it implies that if we die we won't be able to reach Cain.

Slog isn't gonna learn new skills just like that, he needs class skills and stuff, as there is no experience in this game. That means we'd have to get him a stat slot, and the needed stat points...

Actually, I am almost certain the way to get more skills is via the Skill Tree we dropped way back when. But yeah, not via just hanging around.

I think the Skill Tree is an Skill crafting thing. You put two skills in and a single better one comes out. So while it will get us better skills... it will actually decrease the number of skills we got.

The GM did mention that adding Stat Points into certain class related stats (like the blood stat for Ciro) will eventually cause our tier to go up which gives us access to a new skill and if the scan of Al is consistent with other characters then there's the possibility of gaining a passive skill as well. But passive skills can only be used if we know they exist. :/
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: May 05, 2013, 10:43:15 pm »

What if our passive skill is cheating? You never know.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: May 05, 2013, 10:48:13 pm »

Wait. How did you come up with the idea that a passive skill is only good if we knew that they exist.

No that sounds silly, seeing as how its a passive thing, something that we don't have control over. I mean so far we haven't had any evidence of your theory, but the idea of us having to scan ourselves to be able to use a passive skill seems.. Unlikely.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: May 06, 2013, 12:26:25 am »

I think he meant useful as in exploitable. Yes, a passive bonus still works if we don't know abouy iy, but if we don't know obout it we can't change our actions to make use of it.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: May 06, 2013, 10:20:04 am »

And exploiting things is what B12 does best. How shall we go about getting a passive skill to exploit? We only have 20r 4p(+30p for finishing this battle); stat points are 50p for 5 at the DL2 Market and 100r for 10 in Underside last we checked.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: May 06, 2013, 10:48:40 am »

BLARGH.

I love how this game went from a simple, goofy, randomly-generated, dungeon crawling game, to you guys talking about stat points and the best ways to dispose of mets while simultaneously wearing a slime AS A HAT.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: May 06, 2013, 11:00:44 am »

BLARGH.

I love how this game went from a simple, goofy, randomly-generated, dungeon crawling game, to you guys talking about stat points and the best ways to dispose of mets while simultaneously wearing a slime AS A HAT.
No no no, we're wearing him in a harness on our back and we're using the reward from this arena battle for Slog to wear a hat.

E:
I also just realized something. "He is NEVER dead when he reaches you". This implies that we will reach Cain ...

Or it implies that if we die we won't be able to reach Cain.
Hm, good point :P
Altough I half-expect that we could reach Cain somehow even when we're dead.
It still implies that we reached Cain before, tough. So the siblings don't lose memories between cycles, at least Cain doesn't.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:02:34 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: May 06, 2013, 11:59:20 am »

Screw it, forget the healslime, what we need is a Metal slime!  They're immune to more or less EVERY spell, all we need is to have him eat a sword!  Feeding him likely only worked before because the item was SUPPOSED to do something, but we should just feed him stuff anyways to see if we can upgrade him.  The only reason to keep him as a normal slime is the vague hope that he'll get Mega Magic before we reach the end of the dungeon.  We could REALLY use a Metal slime, though.  Slime Knights also get heal, so maybe having Riltia sit on him would help him spontaneously learn it?  Heh, so many possibilities, but it's all up to FFS if any of this is possible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: May 06, 2013, 12:12:58 pm »

Well, we do have a spare sword, I'm pretty sure. We can try it. Although we should feed it to him handle-first, just in case it DOESN'T work, we don't want to impale him.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: May 06, 2013, 12:35:22 pm »

...The helmet? The helmet should work. You guys were planning on giving it to him anyway. The helmet is made of impervium or something, so just make him eat it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: May 06, 2013, 12:37:41 pm »

...The helmet? The helmet should work. You guys were planning on giving it to him anyway. The helmet is made of impervium or something, so just make him eat it.
But what if that destroys the helmet and does nothing?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: May 06, 2013, 12:38:20 pm »

All of these seem like good ideas, but remember his earlier transformation was only temporary. I'm not saying feeding him a sword won't do anything, just don't expect it to be permanent because it likely won't be. You guys should probably wait until you need the high defense of a metal slime. As it stands, this fight looks like it's almost finished and feeding him anything would be a waste.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: May 06, 2013, 01:03:08 pm »

[...]I'm not saying feeding him a sword won't do anything[..]

I however, am saying feeding him a sword won't do anything.
His earlier transformation was because the item itself had a grow effect. Simple as that.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: May 06, 2013, 01:10:26 pm »

Uh, slimes aren't hideously acidic or anything, a sword would just float around in him.
Dendritic.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: May 06, 2013, 01:15:26 pm »

Living bag of holding, yay.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 1544