Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895904 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Preparations
« Reply #6480 on: June 30, 2013, 05:34:36 pm »

He wasn't that tough. We can 3 hit him with the spear, I think. The problem is hat we screwed it all when we dropped trying to do that stupid trick.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: June 30, 2013, 05:36:03 pm »

To be fair, if it worked it would have been a pretty clever trick.
The problem was, it was attempted despite Cherish presumably knowing she couldn't get it to stick in the wood.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: June 30, 2013, 05:37:32 pm »

So let's grab the spear and go back, heal up, bloodshape cherish a shotgun (Goombess doesn't have hands to shoot with), and come back to shoot this thing up (and stomp any miniwisps).
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: June 30, 2013, 05:41:38 pm »

Let's also stick some ice shavings (made with water and the Ice Spear) with some MP-Fountain liquid to see what skill comes out. Hopefully a useful Ice skill.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: June 30, 2013, 07:31:36 pm »

Considering that the little wisps can heal the bigger one, and that BW can summon more, I don't know if there is much progress to lose. Wasn't the big one at 13HP? I don't know if this is going to be worthwhile.
Theoretically, the wisps will run out of SP to heal with, and BW will run out of SP to summon more wisps with.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: June 30, 2013, 07:33:59 pm »

Considering that the little wisps can heal the bigger one, and that BW can summon more, I don't know if there is much progress to lose. Wasn't the big one at 13HP? I don't know if this is going to be worthwhile.
Theoretically, the wisps will run out of SP to heal with, and BW will run out of SP to summon more wisps with.
In practice, there's every possibility that bosses get free HP and MP refills when you leave and re-enter their chambers.
Sig

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: June 30, 2013, 07:34:15 pm »

Yeah... I was thinking we should try crowd control on the wisp summons instead of actually trying to kill them, but considering that it may be possible to drain his SP... we should definitely Flee with all post haste and then return later once we're prepared properly for Siege Warfare.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: June 30, 2013, 07:37:18 pm »

Don't kill the mooks, kill the mook maker. With a pair of shotguns and a Stomper, we should be able to take it down fast enough...
And if we think they're too much of a problem, use Goom-Bess's AoE attack on them.
Sig

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: June 30, 2013, 07:49:54 pm »

Don't kill the mooks, kill the mook maker. With a pair of shotguns and a Stomper, we should be able to take it down fast enough...
And if we think they're too much of a problem, use Goom-Bess's AoE attack on them.

But the mooks heal the mook maker. And isn't she out of SP?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: June 30, 2013, 08:01:50 pm »

But the mooks heal the mook maker. And isn't she out of SP?
1. The Mook Maker just makes more medics.
2. I thought we were talking about after we retreated and increased our strength.
Sig

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: June 30, 2013, 08:03:28 pm »

That's what I thought, too. Water fountain water is probably restorative. Ice shavings and acid would probably make an offensive skill, though. Ice and Negative. Debuffs at least, if we're lucky, then damage with a rider effect.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: June 30, 2013, 08:07:07 pm »

Ice+MP Water=???

Maybe a Draining Chill spell or something. Maybe it deals HP and MP damage, and returns some of each to you?
Sig

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: June 30, 2013, 08:10:38 pm »

Yes, the mook maker makes medics. But the current hypothesis is that, if the wisps have an SP stat, then you can wear them down. We haven't seen them restore SP yet. So the idea is that if creating mooks costs SP, and we KNOW that healing costs SP, then eventually everybody will run out of SP and we can just pick them off. It'll require a restructuring of abilities, probably some grinding, and some actual goddamn coordination (and luck) to work. It would be a lot easier if we had Riltia, for the whole Glass Guardian thing.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: June 30, 2013, 08:13:03 pm »

Or we could cheat. I believe the solutions to battles are broken down into percentages: Hold 10%, Fold 20%, Run 30%, Cheat 40%.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: June 30, 2013, 08:14:04 pm »

Or we could cheat. I believe the solutions to battles are broken down into percentages: Hold 10%, Fold 20%, Run 30%, Cheat 80%.

FTFY.

Any suggestions on cheatery?
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 1544