Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895340 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

More questions: What would you have done with Al if we never recruited him? Riltia? What exactly was the correct way to save Yaos, since its a bit too late for that now?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Al would have remained a nameless background character.

Better question: What would you have done if we had tried recruiting the whole town before you instituted the Active Party limits?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I imagine he won't reveal how we could have saved Yaos now, since he didn't in the last Did You Catch It?  Which almost certainly means that it's a spoiler, probably for theorycrafting (more specifically, our own bleeding.)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

I think the plan is to rough Proxxy up first before asking her to join, to show her we're not being diplomatic just 'cause we can't fight her.

Which means that plan will be quite difficult seeing that siblings (or at least Riltia) seems to turn into giant demons at critical moments.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. I'm not sure if "gunboat diplomacy" will work well with out gunboats leaking...fuel...and blood and stuff.
2. Riltia turned into an Illborn in part because of dying.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More questions: What would you have done with Al if we never recruited him? Riltia? What exactly was the correct way to save Yaos, since its a bit too late for that now?

Well, the semi-obvious way was to kill him through traditional means and then later revive him through Weird Soul Stuff like we've done with all the revivals so far. The other way I really can't reveal at the moment.

I probably would not have done much with Al if we had recruited him. Riltia was guaranteed to be plot relevant one way or another, and her whole shtick is being unreasonably hard to kill, so I'm sure she would have come back at some point.

Question:What would happen if Ciro tries to eat people, like he ate the TM?

Serious Question: Will you ever make the second part of Angel.html?

1) You require the Star Warrior class to do that.

2) No. I mean, if I do more interactive content for Warrens, it will probably be optional backstory segments (like we went through for Al). More unlikely is what I said earlier (the thing with an interactive boss battle at some point). The only productive thing that came out of Angel.html was the introduction of a Betweenfordbro that does not actually rhyme.

Better question: What would you have done if we had tried recruiting the whole town before you instituted the Active Party limits?

Active Party Limits were a mechanic that I had planned very early on, so it wouldn't have worked.

Also, Underside villagers are all varying levels of crazy, so I couldn't guarantee success anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Caught up. Again. That title had me worried.

I like Proxxy War (also an awesome name, btw). I keep imagining Proxxy's head sort of moving to the beat while listening to it, though.

...damn it. This explains a lot, notably your unrestrained laughter when I suggested you didn't want us cheesing the game.

I'll have to keep this in mind. In fact, we should probably try throwing those wisps exactly where the big wisp is about to land. Are we doing that already? I kind of skipped or skimmed past most player-stuff to get to the juicy updates.

We're not. We're running like wusses. Damn you all.

What we should be doing is have Goombess and Cherish retreat and throw those wisps under the big wisp. He lands, takes out his own heal squad.

Then Cherish heals herself and goombess runs. We shotgun and Cherish spears him down; he can't out-DPS us with those crappy lightning bolts, and he can't summon wisps without spending an action.

Bah. Cowards, the lot of you. Unless we can run without having to roll for it, this isn't any less likely to get someone killed.

Question: What happened to that linking games thingamajig?

EDIT: Question2: What did you use to make Proxxy War?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 09:50:17 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Movement tends not to require rolls.
2. I was convinced to leave by a promise of making new, cool skills. (Literally.) That should help.
3. On that note...I suggested pretty much your plan ("Stay and have Cherish and Goom-Bess recover"), but was shot down for a number of reasons, the main one being "What if Ciro can't handle them"?
Sig

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Irony doesn't propose Cherish and Goombess leaving the battlefield, just moving away from the wisps while they heal. Operation GLORIOUS BATTLE is what I voted for!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Is the game link system still going to be a thing?
It's FEF, not FEOF

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

@IronyOwl:
1) We already discussed having Ciro stay behind while the others flee.
2) We did not have that throwing the healsquad under the wisp idea, however. However, what I suspect will happen, is that the Big Wisp's slamming attack is electric based, and would therefor be absorbed by the wisps, healing them back up too.
3) This isn't about DPS. You yourself must have just realized that when reading the spoiler you quoted.
4) While writing this, however, I just realized, what happens when one party member loads our HP/SP up at the save point while the other party members aren't in the room? Say, Goombess? After we flee, heal, and spend some Max MP (Not HP, it's a ranged weapon) to make a shotgun for Cherish, we put some ice and fountain water in the skill tree, we leave Goombess to keep hitting the load button. We leave the room, Cherish stabs Ciro to see if this works, and if Ciro's health is restored in a moment, she and Cherish carry on to fight the boss.

@GWG:
1) True, unless we're crossing a tightrope.
2) No kidding. I'll add that to the bolded text... done.
3) Yup. I agree with them.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

@IronyOwl:
1) We already discussed having Ciro stay behind while the others flee.
As monk mentioned, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying Goombess should effectively flee, but Cherish can heal herself and be back in action.

2) We did not have that throwing the healsquad under the wisp idea, however. However, what I suspect will happen, is that the Big Wisp's slamming attack is electric based, and would therefor be absorbed by the wisps, healing them back up too.
...ooh. That would be a problem. I can't help but suspect something that large and heavy isn't going to leave them unscathed, but I'll admit it's a bit more unknown than I was assuming.

3) This isn't about DPS. You yourself must have just realized that when reading the spoiler you quoted.
Of course it is. If we kill him before he kills us, we win. That's the whole reason someone being at 1 HP is a problem- it implies they're at serious risk of losing the DPS war.

4) While writing this, however, I just realized, what happens when one party member loads our HP/SP up at the save point while the other party members aren't in the room? Say, Goombess? After we flee, heal, and spend some Max MP (Not HP, it's a ranged weapon) to make a shotgun for Cherish, we put some ice and fountain water in the skill tree, we leave Goombess to keep hitting the load button. We leave the room, Cherish stabs Ciro to see if this works, and if Ciro's health is restored in a moment, she and Cherish carry on to fight the boss.
This has come up before, and I really doubt it's going to work. Wouldn't be the first time I was incorrect about cheesing mechanics, but it'd certainly be the most severe.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would running to the other side of the room help? More specifically, why would it help more than exiting the room and getting fixed up?

I'd also like to ask why we should make Cherish a shotgun. Her ice spear works at Medium range, and deals Cold damage.
Sig

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile

Oh! I have a question! Pick me! Pick me!

Since you said that we need to be more tactical with combat, did we miss items or skills that would help with that? I ask because so far it seems like we have mostly a basic RPG arsenal, so we've been trying for basic heal and attack tactics, did we miss something, or do we just suck?

Secondary question: If we just suck, is there any chance to undo major screw ups we made? Like I said earlier at some point, so far this has been really unforgiving, do we have anything for back up? Even in the hardest RPGs you loaded back from your last save. What I'm trying to ask is: What if we really screw up? Everyone dies? The Warrens doesn't seem like something that would deserve that sort of ending.
Dendritic.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

As monk mentioned, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying Goombess should effectively flee, but Cherish can heal herself and be back in action.
Current Cherish SP: 4.
Sp needed for healing: 3.
Health restored by heal: 2-5.

Even in the hardest RPGs you loaded back from your last save.
Not really.

I'd also like to ask why we should make Cherish a shotgun. Her ice spear works at Medium range, and deals Cold damage.
Well, for one thing we may be able to shoot up at the Big Wisp while it is airborn. This must be tested. For another, if we do get a new skill involving shaping ice or the like, we may be able to get that spear-trap idea to work (use ice to hold it up), so a back-up weapon would be handy.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 10:43:55 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 1544