Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894442 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Preparations
« Reply #6345 on: June 27, 2013, 03:57:54 am »

Party: Escape the battle through the northern door.
AFTER recovering the spear
We can come back for it later, HEAD TO NORTH DOOR
For one thing, it may not still be here later, or we may be cut off from this location. For another, we may need it (a reach weapon that's good against electricity) to free Al and Riltia in the next room. For a third, we may well need to arm Riltia and Al when we recover them, especially if Proxxy recieves an alert when they get free and Kool-Aid-Mans in.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: June 27, 2013, 07:43:40 am »

-1 on fleeing.  I think we're doing just fine this fight.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: June 27, 2013, 07:45:43 am »

I think you've forgotten that we have a boss ahead of us, whose death may very well cause this wisp to become neutral.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: June 27, 2013, 08:03:19 am »

I have a solution: spill the acid over of the injured wisps, capture the recently spawned one with the bottle. Drink bottle. Tank like a boss (and retrieve spear)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: June 27, 2013, 08:11:29 am »

I think you've forgotten that we have a boss ahead of us, whose death may very well cause this wisp to become neutral.

Here's the catch- if Proxxy is in the next room and we need to flee from THAT fight, we'd be fleeing right into here.

Also, not planning to attempt diplomacy with Proxxy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: June 27, 2013, 08:13:35 am »

((Should we capture a wisp to protect ourselves from Proxxy's attacks?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: June 27, 2013, 08:17:52 am »

If we can do so safely.  Trying to catch a wisp while the boss is zapping us repeatedly may not be the best use of time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: June 27, 2013, 08:49:57 am »

-1 to Fleeing

+1 to any practical, safe method to catch the new Wisp. Or maybe the Big Wisp.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: June 27, 2013, 08:54:08 am »

If we try to catch the wisp, we should change to Ciro the Dwarven, as it has been said.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: June 27, 2013, 10:53:33 am »

-1 Fleeing Retreat? In our moment of triumph? You overestimate their chances. We're winning this fight, there's no need to ditch a combat plan that's working in order to try zany schemes that will just let the wisps heal back up.

Besides, we should REALLY NOT ditch the Ice spear before potentially fighting PROXXY.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: June 27, 2013, 10:58:03 am »

Do the windy bloody thing.

Edit: Also -1 to retreat. -2 to retreating forward.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:59:41 am by RedWarrior0 »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: June 27, 2013, 10:58:27 am »

there's no need to ditch a combat plan that's working in order to try zany schemes

this thread increasingly makes me believe i'm not on bay12 with how it rejects zany schemes with a fluid, smooth, sweeping, tidal, distillation movement OKAY OKAY I'M LETTING GO OF THE THESAURUS STOP SHOUTING

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: June 27, 2013, 11:01:56 am »

there's no need to ditch a combat plan that's working in order to try zany schemes

this thread increasingly makes me believe i'm not on bay12 with how it rejects zany schemes with a fluid, smooth, sweeping, tidal, distillation movement OKAY OKAY I'M LETTING GO OF THE THESAURUS STOP SHOUTING
Of course it is, that's because we're ensnared in a zany scheme that seeks to create the illusion that we reject zany schemes with a fluid, smooth, sweeping, tidal, distillation movement.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: June 27, 2013, 11:04:27 am »

I've got nothing against zany schemes, I'm just saying that the risk/reward ratio is way off in this case. Another couple rounds of combat, and Big Wisp is done without us needing to expend any further resources. Zany schemes are 1) Not terribly likely to work by their nature, and 2) Give the enemies a chance to heal back up and undo all the work we've done so far. Worse than that, really, since now there'll be 3 little Wisps if we don't kill them off now. We'll have to take more damage and burn more SP, and you just know if we go back to the restore point to heal a new miniboss will spawn in.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: June 27, 2013, 11:27:11 am »

Consensus was really vague here. And Dariush's suggestion managed to get enough downvotes to completely cancel the upvotes (including his own).

We need that spear back. I think Goombess should be wielding it, however, since she's the closest we have to a Dragoon in the party.

So: Ciro and Cherish: Concentrate fire on new wisp. If that should kill it then: Goombess: Jump over to the now wispless corner, grab the spear, and Multistomp the Big Wisp with spear pointed downwards.
Boss Wisp at 10hp

Ciro: Shotgun Big Wisp.

Cherish: Join Goombess, beat a Wisp with your stick

Goombess: Stomp the other Wisp!

I forget how much HP the minion wisps have, and I'm too lazy to look it up. They must be close to dead by now, though. Right?
no illuminati sir that was two turns ago
Oh. My bad.
Let's see, subtract one, carry the other one, integrate, estimate the value of C, factor, other math stuff I won't bother to type since even I'm getting tired of the joke, I calculate that we should shoot again, with Goom-Bess jumping up and landing on the Big Wisp while Cherish pokes it with her staff.

You and Goom-bess concentrate your attacks on the Big Wisp. (Attack: 18-2 Position, 2) (Attack: 15+2 Position, 2+1) The Big Wisp is looking pretty beat up. Good thing it has minions to heal it.

(Grab: 10) The Big Wisp picks up Goom-bess. UH OH. (Attack: 16-2 Position, 2) Cherish hops over to the middle platform and easily dispatches a Wisp.

(Attack: 2) (Attack: 4) The Little Wisps heal up the Big Wisp once again. Grrrrrr.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1544