Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895297 times)

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Preparations
« Reply #6375 on: June 27, 2013, 02:21:27 pm »

dubbelpots
Oooh, pots are at half price or two pots for the price of one? I AM SO IN.
Those are the same thing.
They are not. If I had only enough money for one potion, I'd have a pot for half price with the first, but I'd have (more money and) two pots with the second deal.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: June 27, 2013, 03:58:48 pm »

So yeah, gonna veto any potion drinking. We'll need that if/when Cherish runs out of SP
But we'll always be able to go back to the fountain, won't we? WON'T WE?!
And come back to a fully healed boss which has brought in more wisps.
Assuming we can get past the boss wisp in front of the exit, without triggering an 'attack of opportunity' or whatever by turning our backs to the aforementioned boss wisp & co.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: June 27, 2013, 05:44:06 pm »

there's no need to ditch a combat plan that's working in order to try zany schemes
this thread increasingly makes me believe i'm not on bay12 with how it rejects zany schemes with a fluid, smooth, sweeping, tidal, distillation movement OKAY OKAY I'M LETTING GO OF THE THESAURUS STOP SHOUTING
STOP CARICATURING BAY12!
I WILL NOT STOP FOR TRANSPARENT TEXT!

You know, it would be pretty inconvenient if something blocked our way back so we won't be able to restore SP and heal after the fight. SO AWFULLY INCONVENIENT.
Do you never learn?
You in general, nt you in specific.

Dammit guys, this is why Goombess and Cherish needed to smash a wisp apiece. Then there'd just be Big Wisp and the new little wisp. Not to mention we were told melee with Big Wisp is a terrible idea. Goombess is probably going to die.
I also don't think taking a wisp hostage will accomplish anything, since the big guy can just summon more.
Ciro: Shoot Big Wisp in hand to break grapple
Cherish: Cast Heal on Goombess  She might survive if she's at full hp, and having Cherish close to melee just gets her in the same predicament.
Goombess: Break free from Big Wisp and hop right
+1

Big Wisp is probably at 13 HP fwiw
After Goombess is degrapplified everybody should take a turn popping wisps.  We can kill them faster than BW can make them, and if BW spends a turn doing that instead of attacking then that's awesome, and we can kill it in ~2 rounds if it's not being healed.  If BW attacks without being healed we can kill it faster, especially if it uses its easy-to-dodge gimmick jump.
And Goombess reeeeally needs the ice spear.
+1

dubbelpots
No, one requires tou yo buy two.

So yeah, gonna veto any potion drinking. We'll need that if/when Cherish runs out of SP
+1

And I wouldn't bet that we can go back after the battle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: June 27, 2013, 05:55:24 pm »

dubbelpots
No, you're thinking "Buy 1 Get 1 Free". 2ftpo1 means the same as Halfprice, otherwise you wouldn't see things like "Ten for the price of three!" It's just a gimmick that makes a deal more interesting. If regprice is 1, then the new price would be shown as 30 cents. That doesn't really show how much of a deal is being made. 10ftpo3, however...
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: June 27, 2013, 06:51:19 pm »

Hmm. I wonder if we could gank the Big Wisp, then block all the exits and then try and capture one of the surviving Mini Wisps? We DID just see the new Grab mechanic introduced...
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: June 27, 2013, 07:27:21 pm »

dubbelpots
No, you're thinking "Buy 1 Get 1 Free". 2ftpo1 means the same as Halfprice, otherwise you wouldn't see things like "Ten for the price of three!" It's just a gimmick that makes a deal more interesting. If regprice is 1, then the new price would be shown as 30 cents. That doesn't really show how much of a deal is being made. 10ftpo3, however...
It depends on the deal, but the literal definition of "Two for the Price of One" is "You are capable of purchasing two for the same price one would normally cost," nothing more and nothing less.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: June 27, 2013, 09:57:08 pm »

Maybe he means that potions have double the effect?

I'm inclined to side with the BOGO crowd in this one, because typically, from my experience, reduced prices mean you don't have to buy the requisite number (such as in a 10 for $10 sale) but when it's a steep discount you need to buy multiple.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: June 27, 2013, 10:18:07 pm »

No update, but earlier today, I made one of those animated avatars with all the main warrens characters. Frustratingly, I can't change to it yet because it would reveal the identity of the Voice which is one of the game's big theory crafting holes. I will save it for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: June 27, 2013, 10:19:51 pm »

NOOOO!
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: June 27, 2013, 10:25:13 pm »

I call that the Voice is the Mailman. He seems too out-of-place, and was described as a mad fellow by Al. A person obsessed with a single aspect of the Warrens(the code), could be promptly considered crazy by some.
I mean, what kind of sane person invites Al to a Frou-Frou party.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: June 27, 2013, 10:28:19 pm »

The kind that wants to kill 2 birds with one stone.
And by stone, I mean bomb.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: June 27, 2013, 10:33:23 pm »

The kind that wants to kill 2 birds with one stone.
And by stone, I mean bomb.
Further evidence to my theory; he wanted to kill Al, with the help of Proxxy, because he had to end the cycle.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: June 27, 2013, 10:48:48 pm »

No, he justs wants to make a tombstone for Al with "died attending a Frou-Frou party" on it.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: June 28, 2013, 04:02:00 am »

So Oric is the shopkeeper, and the Voice is the mailman?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: June 28, 2013, 04:45:16 am »

Oh hey, the hiatus ended. I vote we shoot the big wisp, specifically aiming at the half of it's large body opposite our captive team mate.
Dendritic.
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 1544