Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3899232 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: UNDERHIVE RAID
« Reply #21795 on: October 03, 2015, 02:52:41 am »

Use dumb fighter strength to drag Cyro back to your lair and show off all the cool stuff that makes you the best sinister sibling.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21796 on: October 03, 2015, 03:19:58 am »

I like where this poll is going.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21797 on: October 03, 2015, 04:00:40 am »

Use dumb fighter strength to drag Cyro back to your lair and show off all the cool stuff that makes you the best sinister sibling.
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21798 on: October 03, 2015, 04:11:30 am »

I think we've lost images from the past.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
hey guys just finished my readthrough
fixed the images inside spoiler. just view image > change image name in the url to fix the broken images
they should probably be edited in the original posts after being reuploaded to imgur, seeing as the postimg images are the only broken ones.

also, got a couple of theories of my own, which i'll talk about in a bigger post later
the main thing you guys seem to be missing is that riltia's sin is envy. she's jealous of the rest of the party and isn't likely to give up her chance to be the AI-selected character so easily. she's even jealous of ciro praising goombess!

riltia is nearly always put down/insulted, even by ffs in meta, (remember him saying she was the least interesting character a while back?)
dunno why some of you were thinking the soul stars were corrupted. why not have us, the spirits, compliment her battle prowess or something instead of questioning her every action. if she feels equal in value to the rest of the party, maybe she'll cut the delusions.
Envy is a potential thing, but FFS has stated that the characters aren't intended to correspond to any one Deadly Sin; he tried to set them up according to them at some point but couldn't quite make it work. So...It's unlikely by word of god. By saying that I'm probably guaranteeing it but hey.

As for corruption...This was Riltia's soul star while we were trying to restore her to, well, Riltia.

We've since determined Willbirth is something that can happen to non-Riltia entities, but keep in mind that this particular case was caused somehow artificially by !!!! and/or ????. It's not unreasonable to suspect her star might still be damaged.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

EpochFlame

• Bay Watcher
  • [INACTIVE]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #21799 on: October 03, 2015, 11:10:49 am »

Funfact: FFS forgot a fourth one.

Spoiler: whatIHeard (click to show/hide)

haven't listened to these in a while but based on extrapolation from this analysis it's likely
1. "you will rise up and die for our lives"
EDIT: 3. I am now convinced this says "We were stolen assets."

5. "Oversoul!"
7. "Hey guys, get me out of this Hell"

So, after someone mentioned it on the stream, I tried to run Over and Out through some high/low pass filters. First attempt was a high pass filter at 50 Hz. I heard "You're here forever", "Stay with us [Not sure about 'with us', but stay I'm pretty certain about]" repeated several times, and "Stop trying to get out". Also, what kinda sounded like "[something] more than any other time". I ran it through a 20000 Hz high pass filter after that, but I didn't hear anything that I didn't on the 50 Hz one.

Low pass similarly didn't reveal much, but I do think I heard "[something. logic says it'd be 'no', but I can't make it out] quarter", and "help" along with "set me free". Low pass filter was set to 1600 Hz, by the way.

Also tried a three band equalizer, to no effect.

((One of those things you heard was exactly correct.))

hey flame, have you tried using this method on the samples? and what assets were the searchbots trying to reacquire?
As an aside, what DO the Searchbots want from us? Apparently they're looking to REACQUIRE STOLEN ASSETS, but is that our Soul Star, or our delicious flesh, or what?

EDIT: just realized, that damn PX-39 stole exactly the amount of focus jewels we needed to use Genetic Recess
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:07:18 pm by EpochFlame »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ancient monastic wifi struggle
« Reply #21800 on: November 10, 2015, 12:42:54 pm »

okay well as is blatantly obvious spending 5 hours a day constantly checking the internet for new posts and writing swift combat updates is not going to be an option here with about ~2 hours on the internet every day at MAX

BUT

maybe there is a way to keep updating anyway???

the way im thinking of doing it is collecting all suggestions online then making the update offline and pre-writing it before bed

this would still mean more time spent on the computer than usual but at least i wouldnt have to hover around the actual convent all the time, like a piece of furniture

the main downside of this approach is that we dont get more than one update a day (if that) and suggestion count in the updates may not correspond to the current consensus (as there may be suggestions that appear while i'm offline after working on the grounds, prewriting the next update)

the upside is that since i'm never trying to push out a string of updates, there'll probably be more conversation between the characters and more narration. the gm experience will be less like responding to blog comments and more like sitting down to write the next chapter of a novel.

it's worth a shot and anyway twoota is much too fun to just die for 9 months
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:44:52 pm by freeformschooler »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ancient monastic wifi struggle
« Reply #21801 on: November 10, 2015, 12:50:40 pm »

We are here.  Waiting and watching.  It's all good; whatever works on your end.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #21802 on: November 10, 2015, 01:14:33 pm »

Seeing the potential return of TWoOtA fills me with determination.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21803 on: November 10, 2015, 01:26:22 pm »

yes pls

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21804 on: November 10, 2015, 02:18:53 pm »

Yay!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21805 on: November 10, 2015, 03:23:13 pm »

Ia ia ftagn.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #21806 on: November 10, 2015, 03:41:49 pm »

but at least i wouldnt have to hover around the actual convent all the time, like a piece of furniture
Do nuns need wifi 4 jesus?????

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21807 on: November 10, 2015, 04:50:26 pm »

but at least i wouldnt have to hover around the actual convent all the time, like a piece of furniture
FFS confirmed for cyber Amish?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #21808 on: November 10, 2015, 09:04:25 pm »

FFS confirmed for cyber Amish?

Nuns confirmed for floating loveseats.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21809 on: November 11, 2015, 12:37:59 am »

This is way better than my other idea to hijack the thread with a squad-based magical girl game based on repairing a structure of dubious purpose and origin located between the Warrens proper and its harvest entry points.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 ... 1544