Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1150 1151 [1152] 1153 1154 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3899271 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Critical
« Reply #17265 on: November 02, 2014, 11:47:00 am »

Guys, his supermove has words in it.
The only one I could make out is the word "deceive".

Also, no taunting oric; do my plan to use the excuse of Riltia being loot

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17266 on: November 02, 2014, 12:02:42 pm »

Guys, his supermove has words in it.
The only one I could make out is the word "deceive".
Wait...I think those might be the runes we saw on the Second Shift of the Astral Influx and on Chief's robe. Didn't we decipher those? If so, could somebody give me a link?

As for the action...I don't think we should run or comply. Think about it: Our goal, as far as I can tell, is to completely and utterly destroy the cycles. So, what would Minus do? She'd shove Riltia off the edge, after harvesting loot from her, probably more than willingly, and go on with things. In Ciro, we see vague tones of this personality: Namely, her almost sociopath-like obsession with loot. Minus is our only frame of reference for what we think is a "standard" cycle; so, if we're to destroy the cycle, then we need to act as unlike Minus as we can.

I don't think we should continue to taunt Oric, by the way. But we certainly aren't going to back down. Ciro: Hold your ground.

EDIT: Oh, and something else. If he wanted to scare us, to really get us to believe he can and will kill us...Why kill the party member we don't have any real affection for, and who hasn't even had a large investment put into them? Why kill one of the Illborn? Actually, why not just murder Al? He's a major character, and most of us at least kind of like him. And, besides, he seems to be working to free the Last Seraphim, so Oric has two things to gain by killing Al: The death of his presumable enemy's agent, and intimidation of us. And besides, if he wants Riltia dead so badly, why not do it himself? Simple.

I don't think he can, or at least I don't think he's going to if he is capable of it. He either has to use the Siblings to kill us, or has something to gain from doing it. Something he wouldn't dare sacrifice. That's why he hasn't killed Riltia, or killed us, or Al, or Cherish. He wants or needs the siblings to do it for him.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:07:15 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17267 on: November 02, 2014, 12:03:43 pm »

RAGE
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17268 on: November 02, 2014, 12:25:12 pm »

"Breaking my Toys to break my bravado? You are childish, you big desperado." Do not negotiate with the terrorist. If goombess is ill born, suck her into the exchange, otherwise decide which character you like more, Goombess or Ritalia, cause i got nothing.

He killed kitkat, an illborn, it was very clever, since kitkat wasn't a fully fledged party member, and as such didn't fall into his little self proclamed rule. He is likely running out of ideas, and bluffing HARD.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:27:38 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17269 on: November 02, 2014, 12:30:39 pm »

No, don't do any of that stuff.

See, Oric doesn't want to kill us. He certainly doesn't want to kill Ciro or Riltia, at least; he wants us to betray Riltia.

So, it's time for plan OH NO MURDER:

Step 1: Kill Goombess, since Oric is probably going to kill her first.
Step 2: Kill Cherish, who may or may not be important enough for Oric to want to kill her.
Step 3: Kill Al, maybe? He might not be happy about it.

We'll store the corpses in our inventory, possibly tossing out loot.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17270 on: November 02, 2014, 12:30:59 pm »

Either this is a case of Cutscene Power to the Max, FFS plans to shower us with level ups before we fight Oric, or we aren't supposed to fight Oric at all.

+1 to stalling for time via Diplomacy
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17271 on: November 02, 2014, 12:42:42 pm »

Gentlemen, I have a theory:

He used a special ability that seemed like a soul star ability, right?

So, using said, ability, he would be spending soul charge. Spending soul charge to kill your means to gain soul charge is not productive, so that's why he wants us to kill Riltia, to don't waste a "shot" of his ability.

And, as he wants soul charge, the best thing we can do now is to threaten him with decreasing our soul charge to the point where it becomes counterproductive to try to kill us.

Or, we could just second shift and combine our soul stars and unleash our soul charge directly at him, like the ultimate weapon old Power Rangers used to kill most of the bad guys.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17272 on: November 02, 2014, 12:47:34 pm »

Either this is a case of Cutscene Power to the Max, FFS plans to shower us with level ups before we fight Oric, or we aren't supposed to fight Oric at all.

+1 to stalling for time via Diplomacy

+1 for this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17273 on: November 02, 2014, 01:07:19 pm »

Anyone know what those words say on the scene where Oric kills kitkat? I can only really make out "Decieve," with the next bit I'm thinking being "Oric" or something that starts with an O. That's just kind of a guess, small and hard to read. There's words running up along the beam and beside it.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17274 on: November 02, 2014, 01:17:47 pm »

Al puts Goombess in Illborn Exchange, everyone activates maximum combat buffage, engage violence if Oric's next words aren't "Boo-hoo, you're too strong for me, I surrender, take all of my loot and this map to the exit"

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #17275 on: November 02, 2014, 01:21:03 pm »

Oooh. Theory time: Oric wants the Target dead because he can't actually kill the target. Tell someone they can't have something, and they want it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17276 on: November 02, 2014, 01:21:12 pm »

I'm pretty sure this is a fight we can't possibly win. I mean, the Gm wouldn't have given us a chance otherwise.

So, first, let's stall time using diplomacy. Have Oric promise us he won't brutally eviscerate all of us if we push Riltia of the ship.

After that, give magnet boots to Riltia, and push her of without killing or upsetting her.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17277 on: November 02, 2014, 01:24:34 pm »

Up along the beam seems to be (?) Power, at the bottom left it says No! a couple of times, and at the bottom right I think it might say Hell, but I can't really tell
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: DEE EL FOUR
« Reply #17278 on: November 02, 2014, 01:33:50 pm »

Alright. My first time actually suggesting something here:

Has anybody considered his exact words here? Why not just do what he says, but Bloodshape Riltia some sort of flight apparatus first?

On the other hand, I'm kinda intrested in seeing what he will do if we just let him kill all the Illborn party members. I get the feeling he doesn't want to waste anybody else himself.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17279 on: November 02, 2014, 01:34:42 pm »

We did. But then for some reason EVERYBODY DECIDED TO TAUNT HIM INSTEAD >:|
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1150 1151 [1152] 1153 1154 ... 1544