Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895414 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder how FFS is planning to troll us on April Fools' Day?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

...What on Earth is that?!?

I wonder how FFS is planning to troll us on April Fools' Day?
Probably an "update" where all sorts of "plot twists" are revealed. You know, Cherish is Oric's illegitimate daughter, Ciro is pregnant, the Warrens is a spaceship, crazy stuff like that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have those reroll dice in storage. We could use one of those if Ciro rolls a 1.
They are used automatically with any failure, not just a one or when we want - there is, by my reckoning, a 1-in-50 chance that one die will turn a 'normal' fail into a critfail. (assuming a 10+ is a success). A small risk, but it is there. There is also a far larger chance that we will roll a normal fail and a  critfail later, which will use up the die.

I think we can do better and kill him in one turn. What we need to do is use almost all of Ciro's MHP and MSP to bloodshape a ridiculously powerful weapon. Like a gatling-rocket-launcher-with-a-chainsaw-bayonet-chucks. Have Al tank with his bulwark, knight rubric, and met hat. Give cherish the weapon, and she can beat Horologe in a single turn. Maybe 2 if we're unlucky.
That is banking a lot on the abilities of an unkown weapon we might not actually be able to Bloodshape, and may not actually work (FFS will probably make it xd1 or something else completely useless half the time, with the useless half including the fight against Horologe).
It just doesn't make sense to have Ciro bloodshape a powerful weapon and then enter the arena in a weakened state, when we can have her bloodshape an even more powerful weapon and let someone at full stats wield it.
The whole point of the Savepoint shenanigans is that Ciro will be at max stats during the fight. Or rather, her old max stats. And she has the highest stats currently in the party.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think we can do better and kill him in one turn. What we need to do is use almost all of Ciro's MHP and MSP to bloodshape a ridiculously powerful weapon. Like a gatling-rocket-launcher-with-a-chainsaw-bayonet-chucks. Have Al tank with his bulwark, knight rubric, and met hat. Give cherish the weapon, and she can beat Horologe in a single turn. Maybe 2 if we're unlucky.
That is banking a lot on the abilities of an unkown weapon we might not actually be able to Bloodshape, and may not actually work (FFS will probably make it xd1 or something else completely useless half the time, with the useless half including the fight against Horologe).
Solution: Wait a turn between Bloodshaping and Arena-ing. If it's a 200d1 weapon or something, we can resorb and reshape another.

The whole point of the Savepoint shenanigans is that Ciro will be at max stats during the fight. Or rather, her old max stats. And she has the highest stats currently in the party.
And Bloodshaping one (or more?) powerful pieces of equipment changes this...how?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And Bloodshaping one (or more?) powerful pieces of equipment changes this...how?
That was entirely my point. It doesn't.

Solution: Wait a turn between Bloodshaping and Arena-ing. If it's a 200d1 weapon or something, we can resorb and reshape another.
Increasing the time taken on this diversion, and also increasing chances of failure (more loss of time and possibly Destiny Dice if we choose to use them). And FFS seems like he'd be pretty against repeatedly bloodshaping random weapons (with the only precondition being that they use up lots of stat points, which again we don't actually know if we can specify yet) until we get one we like.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We shouldn't be doing this battle at all when we're on a tight schedule!

And if ffs doesn't want us to keep retrying until we get something we like, he shouldn't give us crappy weapons.
Sig

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

I belieeevee darvi's making a uh.. Super ciro.. Bros? Sisters? Super ciro targets?

???!?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

I belieeevee darvi's making a uh.. Super ciro.. Bros? Sisters? Super ciro targets?

???!?

Super Ciro Siblings
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Well, most of those Mario sprites have one or more Ciro sprites mapped to it, so I would have to say it's a fan game.[/captain obvious] I'm not sure if those are the Mario 2 sprites, or a different one. Since I never got far enough in that one to know if there was swimming, though (I'd guess not), than the presence of Mario Swimming sprites would leave me to believe that it's based off of some other game. But I can't think of any other pixelly Mario games where he can pick stuff up.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Why make Super Ciro Siblings when you can make Flappy Blood Mage? :V
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if applicable, equip ring of persuation to best character, and attempt to persuade ecco to switch to power metal from http://www.kongregate.com/games/kupo707/epic-battle-fantasy-4 while the speaker is pointed away from us and towards our enemies, and/or loot the speaker

[in the source game, it heals allies while damaging enemies.  Speaker orientation will likely prove important]
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(still hasn't found the most recent update, but...)
More importantly FFS has been using larger ladder styles instead of the original one that made it possible since then. Now if we somehow managed to go back to DL1 and use a checkpoint to exit and bring the ladder with us...
There IS a warp point!

It's protected by lava (we now have a hover spell) and some searchbots.  (Shotgun snipe till they're spare electronics. Actually, check with proxy first, see if she's gotten them back under control somehow.)

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:09:02 pm by fractalman »
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(still hasn't found the most recent update, but...)
More importantly FFS has been using larger ladder styles instead of the original one that made it possible since then. Now if we somehow managed to go back to DL1 and use a checkpoint to exit and bring the ladder with us...
There IS a warp point!

It's protected by lava (we now have a hover spell) and some searchbots.  (Shotgun snipe till they're spare electronics. Actually, check with proxy first, see if she's gotten them back under control somehow.)
Although Proxxy can warp, DL1 is probably CLEARED, and reset
PROXXY is MIA, after being with Oric
THE SEARCHBOTS, were never truly under her control, and during our final escapade in DL2 were heavily impliesd to be possessed by the same person/angel from the statue that automates the flushing and deploying of rooms.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

*surprised nobody brought up the date I posted that on*
Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 1544