Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 69

Author Topic: The Crossover Thread  (Read 94205 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: The Crossover Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2013, 02:03:11 am »

Huh. That sucks to face them, I presume.
It does. Thankfully, their forms can be killed with normal weapons fire (though the parasite can simply infect a new host) and Metroids are both immune to this assimilation and are the natural predators of X.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2013, 02:09:47 am »

The real question is, could Samus beat them? All at the same time?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2013, 02:11:05 am »

The real question is, could Samus beat them? All at the same time?
Well, of course she could! We're talking about a lady who routinely destroys entire planets. Singlehandedly.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2013, 02:13:14 am »

And it would be awesome.

Okay, drop the X. Add metroids. Who wins?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2013, 02:16:39 am »

And it would be awesome.

Okay, drop the X. Add metroids. Who wins?
It would come down to a tie between Ing and Metroids for sure. Metroids are only really vulnerable to freezing (no Zerg creature I know of can do this) and can drain the life energy out of just about anything. I'm just unsure how they'd deal with the shadowy nature of Ing.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2013, 02:20:16 am »

...I just got an imagine of Space Pirates trying to study the Zerg.

And getting eaten of course.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2013, 02:21:38 am »

"The good news is they don't roll up into a perfect sphere by violating physics. The bad news is that they keep killing us all."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2013, 02:46:29 am »

I wonder how the Galactic Federation would deal with a Zerg invasion...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2013, 02:48:01 am »

"The bad news is they don't roll up into a perfect sphere by violating physics. The bad news is that they keep killing us all."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2013, 02:49:30 am »

Sending Samus, obviously.

"The bad news is they don't roll up into a perfect sphere by violating physics. The bad news is that they keep killing us all."
"But at least the Hunter hasn't shown up yet!"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2013, 02:51:10 am »

Sending Samus, obviously.

"But at least the Hunter hasn't shown up yet!"

"Or the Dark Hunter! Or both of them!"

Damn...now we need that crossover. The Galactic Federation teams up with Zeratul to defeat the Zerg. Or something. Samus and the Space Pirates fight in the backround.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:55:04 am by Vgray »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2013, 08:30:08 am »

Xenomorphs have some sort of non-verbal communication of a hitherto unknown format. It could be psychic, it could be EXTREMELY AWESOME pheromones, it could be Phlebotinum. So. That question doesn't have a set answer. Let's assume both yes and no.
Yes, then the Xenomorphs know the Thing has assimilated one of them, and they immediately try to kill Jeff in hand to hand. Which fails utterly, because he's the Thing. Anytime you wound him with melee, you're going to cover yourself with Thingcells. And if they spray acid on him, whilst he has assimilated an Alien, then it's going to be ineffective. I guess they could non-lethally overpower him and pin him to the wall with Alienwallstuff, but then he'd Thing his way off by transforming into a worm or something.
No, then the Xenomorphs get overpowered one by one, or worse yet, the Queen gets Thingified... And shit gets very, very bad for everyone else in the universe.
The Aliens are smarter than that. Much smarter. They would keep their queen the hell away from the infected, and direct the humans towards it. Because humans are better at burninating aliens. Murphies have demonstrated they are aptly capable of manipulating violent humans, with one particular gifted Murphy outsmarting an entire spaceship full of SPEHSS MEHRENS. (Spehssmericans though, no massive pauldrons ;( ).

Wait.
Void Dragon awakes, gets hold of Death Star.
Actually an Imperium x Empire crossover where the void dragon awakes would be a beautiful thing. Why?

Every single piece of technology the Imperium uses that isn't Xenos or low tech would be under its control.

The Empire doesn't use imperial technology.

Suddenly these weird psyker human things are the only hope left of filling the gap the Imperial Navy left.

Sadly I do not know enough Star Wars canon to write it myself...

Void Dragon is canon. What exactly it is and what it is capable of are not canon. The Emprah meets the Void Dragon in the Mechanicum Heresy book, and seals it away beneath Mars, out of reach of the Techpriests.
And this is after the Void Dragon had just fought Vaul, the Eldar GOD of technology - with an army at his back, and got blasted in the face with two giant psychic laser things that are designed to eat up entire star systems.
And the only effect that had was it made the Void Dragon sleepy.
The Empy fought it while it was sleepy.

What's to stop a human-biomass sized Thing from simply outsmarting the Alien? Aliens are quite intelligent, probably as smart as a particularly intelligent dog, but a Thing in manform is as smart as a man. Hell, one made a SPACESHIP IN A CAVE WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS.
Murphies are collectively intelligent, with individual Murphies often showing unique intelligence capabilities. On the other hand, the remake movie of Jeffrey shows a similiar hive mind for Jeffrey; where it didn't rely on the host's intelligence but rather had its own innate intelligence, being capable of building its own ship instead of accidentally landing in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Murphies are considerably smarter than humans. We don't know the intellectual limits of Jeffrey. This is canon.

With humans in the equation; Murphy wins. If it was a simple 1 vs 1 of Murphy vs Jeffrey, Jeffrey wins.

Murphy wouldn't fight Jeffrey directly, ever.

Murphy's adaptability limits far exceeds Jeffrey's given enough time. Jeffrey can change itself rapidly to fit the situation; but not to the limits of Murphy.

As I said in the previous derail, Murphy has been found adapted to fit all kinds of roles; taking a dive in molten metal in a moulding press, living in the cold vacuum of spehss, adapting to be compatible with human reproductive systems - there is no end to what they can do.

They change features like people change tools.

Also, we should probably assume that all 'special abilities' from all the universes work on each other. The Thing can assimilate the Alien, the Alien can facehug the Tau, the Psykers can mindcontrol the Thing, etc. Otherwise people just get all pissed off and shut down. Oh, and the Thing could probably take over at least part of the Necrons. The Pariahs are part human.
THE PARIAHS GOT RETCONNED OUT BY MATT WARD

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Why are there no Inception Matrix crossovers?

Think about it! A dream inside a dream except that it was all just the matrix except was the awakening a dream, maybe the matrix was just limbo and you've been in the battery world this entire time but what if that is an idea planted inside your head?!
Too sexy to exist. Neo telling Cobb there is no waifu. Mr. Saito telling Morpheus he's wearing a leather coat within a leather coat.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2013, 10:36:58 am »

For the sake of not derailing the thread, lets just ignore anything Matt Ward has done to anything in 40k.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2013, 11:42:30 am »

Good. Because what was done to the Sisters of Battle is not canon. END OF THE FUCKING STORY.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2013, 01:16:17 pm »

Wait.
Void Dragon awakes, gets hold of Death Star.

Oh god. I wish I knew enough of Star Wars to write this. You've filled my brain with beautiful, beautiful images.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 69