Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 275260 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! The Plot Thickens!
« Reply #2220 on: August 10, 2013, 03:36:18 pm »

Can't it get from place to place faster?

...Also, did you roll the kid inside or add it after generation?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: August 10, 2013, 04:08:48 pm »

Can't it get from place to place faster?

...Also, did you roll the kid inside or add it after generation?
There isn't much of a distance scale yet, but I'm thinking of a single dex roll determining how fast you travel. (Edit: This is why the map hasn't been changed yet)

Post generation. Also you might notice something odd about that kid. Something something writers.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 05:53:42 pm by stefmor90 »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: August 10, 2013, 07:33:40 pm »

+5 End seems a bit much, since End seems to be a much stronger stat than most. Getting a 6 on an end roll seems to basically guarantee you survive anything short of a nuke, so having auto successes in end (as long as you didn't shove negative points in it) might be a bit gamebreaking. I suppose you could just potentially steal/destroy the item, and it IS a 20 luck weapon but still.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: August 10, 2013, 07:56:43 pm »

Well, it being a 20 luck item makes it seem okay, but only if balanced by items that give negative modifiers to enemy endurance or something like that
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: August 10, 2013, 08:36:09 pm »

+5 End seems a bit much, since End seems to be a much stronger stat than most. Getting a 6 on an end roll seems to basically guarantee you survive anything short of a nuke, so having auto successes in end (as long as you didn't shove negative points in it) might be a bit gamebreaking. I suppose you could just potentially steal/destroy the item, and it IS a 20 luck weapon but still.
Yeah, 20 luck is when things start getting a bit crazy. Also I changed stat modifiers up a bit, the value of +5 per 5 luk is not constant anymore. Not to mention the godly long list of attack modifiers to help break through defenses.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: August 10, 2013, 08:57:15 pm »

Post generation. Also you might notice something odd about that kid. Something something writers.
...ragnarok if you kill this kid I will get Demons Run dead, gotcha?

Well, it being a 20 luck item makes it seem okay, but only if balanced by items that give negative modifiers to enemy endurance or something like that
Ooh, neat idea. A gun which fires bullets that, if the enemy doesn't succeed enough on an Endurance roll enough gives an Endurance penalty would be...interesting.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: August 10, 2013, 09:09:00 pm »

...ragnarok if you kill this kid I will get Demons Run dead, gotcha?
Not so sure it'll be fully DEMONS' fault this time...

Ooh, neat idea. A gun which fires bullets that, if the enemy doesn't succeed enough on an Endurance roll enough gives an Endurance penalty would be...interesting.
Hmm, maybe. This is incredibly hard to implement, but I can try. This kind of stuff already happens to all negative luck characters (besides Osborn, because his book casts for positive aff, and it's not even like he can damage himself when his armor makes him immune to his spells), because any effect on your weapon also influences your own character. Negative luck is a lot like playing the game in hard mode, but comes with really good benefits if there is success.

EDIT: Bay12 just die ~30 minutes for anyone else?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:24:05 pm by stefmor90 »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: August 10, 2013, 10:29:56 pm »

Yeah me too. Was about to suggest debuff weapons too.
Edit: When reading through the beginning again, one guy got a claw that had some liquid on it that put people to sleep. Pretty sure the original generator could make debuff weapons. Could probably make the modifier something like (This "item" has a(n) "adjective(s)" coating that "effect(s)"). Hide the effect at first of course. Sorta like fb extracts, know what I mean?

Edit2: Option B: Higher attack rolls could ignore a certain a certain amount of defense, meaning that attack and defense would both become game-breaking, but that's sort of linear and boring, and makes the gap between new players and longer living ones even bigger.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:42:20 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: August 10, 2013, 10:32:43 pm »

Yeah me too. Was about to suggest debuff weapons too.
Seems like fun. Will try to work it in the best I can.

One of the ways I'm thinking to work this in is to add a chance of an 'overcharge' modifier which boosts chosen stats on a weapon but gives a backfire percentage. Although, that's not enough to counter annoyingly strong late game stats, so something needs to be changed.

EDIT: i agree that option B is crap. I want all players to be somewhat capable of murdering each other, which is why I put a lot of attack modifiers in place like {Pierce} which halves a targets end and aff, but not dex, or {Parry} which blocks all non-magic attacks on activation, or {Reflect} which reflects a spell back at the caster if the defender gets 2x or more aff than the caster on their roll. This is more weapon-type based than anything with the exception of {Reflect}, which is stat based. Option A (if I'm reading it correctly) simply implies that a item influences your character as well, which was already present with negative luck.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:53:31 pm by stefmor90 »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: August 10, 2013, 11:16:23 pm »

Option A means it only effects things you target with it. Early items generated might have had the possibility to not effect you. No rules against targeting yourself I suppose though.
Edit: I can see how that would be difficult to add though.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: August 10, 2013, 11:33:12 pm »

Option A means it only effects things you target with it. Early items generated might have had the possibility to not effect you. No rules against targeting yourself I suppose though.
Heh, if what you're talking about is hidden stats, no one knows anything about their weapons at first, i was just blatantly revealing everything the weapon did in those test generations because they aren't actually being used in game. I'm also liking the idea of 1-time-use magic items (like scrolls in Skyrim) that are incredibly powerful but their magic stops working after 1 use, or they have a sort of capacitor that gets reduced over time and need to be refilled through kills/NPC/time.

And yes, suicide is a viable tactic if you don't want an enemy player to get loot.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: August 11, 2013, 02:55:50 am »

Rozar's weapon gen. I-I just don't know.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: August 11, 2013, 06:13:19 am »

Heh, if what you're talking about is hidden stats, no one knows anything about their weapons at first, i was just blatantly revealing everything the weapon did in those test generations because they aren't actually being used in game. I'm also liking the idea of 1-time-use magic items (like scrolls in Skyrim) that are incredibly powerful but their magic stops working after 1 use, or they have a sort of capacitor that gets reduced over time and need to be refilled through kills/NPC/time.
Simple. Have a roll at the start for something like Use or Charge.
One charge (scrolls, potions, etc) gives +10 Luck when rolling for powers.
1d100 charges gives +4.
1d20 charges, but more (up to 20) can be added by some kind of action, gives +2.
And then at-will gives nothing.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: August 11, 2013, 06:15:23 am »

Eh? Whats wrong with my weapon gen?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: August 11, 2013, 05:51:23 pm »

Eh? Whats wrong with my weapon gen?
Nothing at all. Just that beyond the category of bastard sword/battleaxe it's a completely random gen. It's actually a pretty awesome weapon, but you might not be able to utilize it to its full capabilities.

Simple. Have a roll at the start for something like Use or Charge.
One charge (scrolls, potions, etc) gives +10 Luck when rolling for powers.
1d100 charges gives +4.
1d20 charges, but more (up to 20) can be added by some kind of action, gives +2.
And then at-will gives nothing.
I'm getting to the part after 1d100 and then things get a bit confusing. So you're saying if it has a capacitor it gets +4 stat boost, but if the 1d100 rolls 20 or lower, it gets an additional boost in stats?
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 159