Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 275268 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! New Management!
« Reply #2115 on: July 09, 2013, 06:55:28 pm »

Name: DEMONS RUN
Geez. You just love that messed-up creation spirit, don't you.

Anyways, stefmor, I have a loot generator. A lot different than Wwolin's, and I'm not sure how well it'll mesh with LD (Wwolin seems to like highly-rules-defined stuff, for instance), but I could make a couple dozen items to tide you over until you get a proper loot generator made.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 09, 2013, 07:18:00 pm »

What can I say, she's hilarious ._.

And you've gotta admit, entering a thing like this on a lark is totally in character for her.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 10, 2013, 02:33:21 am »

Remember, her weakness is a loving kiss, on the lips.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: July 10, 2013, 02:45:13 am »

Remember, her weakness is a loving kiss, on the lips.

Only for a second or two. Then she goes from just killing you to killing you very painfully over the course of several hours.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: July 10, 2013, 07:53:10 am »

It seemed to work a bit better when we tried it...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: July 10, 2013, 10:55:34 pm »

I had an idea about the dex situation, instead of trying the nerf dex, why not just make every other skill equally powerful? For instance, rolling more than 2x end against someones str would counter attack them by breaking whatever they attack you with, or by rolling a successful str roll, you can stun an enemy with a blunt weapons (halving their end and dex) or pierce armor with bladed weapons (halving whatever armor bonuses they might have for a turn). However these effects can only be used every few turns or have a % roll so they don't become overpowered. There could also be rolling 2x higher affinity not only kills a target, but causes an AOE explosion damaging other characters in the same battle with that magic effect, or if defending with affinity and rolling 2x or more you can reflect the attack back and make the enemy roll for endurance. Since badassery is mostly a dumpstat right now, it can be used so if you get 2x or more with a badassery roll when attacking you can get an armor boost, or some random buff, or AOE the effect along with these bonuses. Or if you're defending with badassery and get a 2x or more with a badassery roll when defending, you can add a badassery roll to your defense roll along with endurance and dexterity.

Simply by strengthening stats, this level of reasoning was possible for Furudo Erika Stefmor90 ..... What do you think everyone?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 12:40:04 am by stefmor90 »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 10, 2013, 11:00:08 pm »

That sounds hilariously over-the-top and awesome.

What about luck? How would you epic-level that?

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: July 10, 2013, 11:01:27 pm »

That sounds hilariously over-the-top and awesome.

What about luck? How would you epic-level that?

Well, except in some extreme cases, the luck skill is never used in combat, but there can be certain weapons that will cut luck off of someone's next generation.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: July 10, 2013, 11:06:42 pm »

Well, it's used to get epic ridiculous items ;P

So maybe make them MORE epic ridiculous?

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 10, 2013, 11:44:39 pm »

Well, it's used to get epic ridiculous items ;P

So maybe make them MORE epic ridiculous?

Well that just means getting equipment with higher/lower luck bonuses. All equipment can have base stat ups (or downs if you have negative luck)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: July 11, 2013, 01:59:12 am »

I'd to try the "make all the other stats more powerful" thing. See how that works out. As for luck... sometimes it get's used outside of loot generation. Like when I found the cave while running from the giant ass bookwrym. Maybe just have a lot more things happen you roll for luck on? Well even if you don't wanna since luck just for getting loot really helps in deciding you're survival chances. Like that one guy who had negative luck and generated a door that killed him when he used it on his first turn.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 11, 2013, 02:12:52 am »

I'd to try the "make all the other stats more powerful" thing. See how that works out. As for luck... sometimes it get's used outside of loot generation. Like when I found the cave while running from the giant ass bookwrym. Maybe just have a lot more things happen you roll for luck on? Well even if you don't wanna since luck just for getting loot really helps in deciding you're survival chances. Like that one guy who had negative luck and generated a door that killed him when he used it on his first turn.

Ahh that makes sense... And I think Squill will make some nice use of this after his upcoming turn...

EDIT: Also this would be a hidden roll, don't want people knowing what unpredictable things would be happening to them, because then it wouldn't be unpredictable!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 12:59:33 pm by stefmor90 »

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: July 12, 2013, 01:25:26 am »

RUN THE FLYING FUCK AWAY, SENDING BACK THE HEARTTHING
"Yes?" Annie asked the little being.
Find weapon. Hide from freaks.
B0B(Aseaheru) + Annie(scapheap) + CZA(TCM) + GLOSTER(Tsuchigumo550)-
Giants can't dodge (unless dodging other giants)
Heartfish str: 3 [1(+2)]
Annie end: 23 [3+6+5(+6) +3 giant status] {BREAK} ((3 d6 rolls from boss status))

CZA dex: 11 [5(+6)]
Reaver dex: 4 [1(+3)]

B0B runs away while flailing his arms everywhere, sending the heartfish to attack Annie. However, the fish just breaks in half when it tries to get its jaws around Annie’s arm. Annie simply ignores the fish, and asks GLOSTER what she needs. Unfortunately GLOSTER just stands still, completely paralyzed from site of the giant Annie. Meanwhile, the footsteps CZA heard come into to view, and there is a huge bug wielding a large double poleaxe. However, this just makes CZA run faster, easily outrunning the huge bug. CZA eventually finds a nice large tree to hide behind. In the distance, there is a fancy looking building with ‘ARMORY’ written on a sign, but it seems to be protected by a terrifyingly powerful sentry system. They don’t look friendly at all, and it might be better to keep distance.

Land next to Alex. "Hey, What's going on?"
Nope. Definitely not a good idea.

Alex turns around and wanders in a different direction, tossing the black gem in the air as he goes.

((So I'm going to be that guy who just roams the world with nothing but a gem, ultimately getting the most plot time while getting no real power.))
Alex(GreenstarFanatic) + Viola Guy(Persus13)-
Viola lands next to Alex, who completely ignores him. In the distance there is what appears to be a small wrecked sailboat. Probably doesn’t contain much loot-wise, but it might have something valuable. Once the two finally get to the boat, there is a fishing pole, and a small dagger, probably used for skinning fish.

"Just a little more Aurwyn... once we get there you can get some rest." Evil Lucky says. A city... in a dark abyss in an underground desert... who knew? But where there's a city, means there are people... and people means fun entertainment! Lucky starts laughing to himself as evil thoughts swirl around his mind.

Land at the edge of the city and let Aurwyn get some well deserved rest. Look around and see if there's anything nearby where I land that can give me a hint of where I'm at.
Evil Lucky(superBlast)-
As soon as Aurwyn’s feet hit the floor of the city, she tips over and falls to the ground with a loud crash. “Aurwyn? Are you alright? Must be tired.” ignoring this, (Evil) Lucky works his way into the city, with Aurwyn hanging over his shoulder. Aurwyn doesn’t usually act like this, what’s wrong with her? While wandering through the city, Lucky gets some strange stares from the cities inhabitants, but no one questions him. Eventually Lucky came across something of a bar. As Lucky tries to enter, a greeter stops him.

“Sorry, we don’t allow foreigners inside. What is that over your shoulder?”

“This is Aurwyn. She helped me for a long time, an-”

“Right this way.” The greeter beckons Lucky to a workshed of sorts. Inside there is a man working on some sort of motor style device.

“This mechanic is a master of magnetic smithing, and robotic interface. Now I will leave you two, I must get back to my work.”

With a quick bow, the greeter flips around, and walks away.

“Hello there, my name is Procc, I work on-”

“Yes I know, I know, now what’s wrong with Aurwyn? And where am I?”

“You are in the subterranean city Iltus, it appears Aurwyn is a robot, yes?”

“Well, Aurwyn and I landed on the city, but the moment she hit the ground, she just collapsed. She isn’t usually like this. As for being a robot, I believe she is one.”

“So this will probably hit you pretty hard, but Aurwyn is as good as dead right now.”

“W-wait, she was just fine a minute ago, what happened?”

“You know electronic data storage devices? Like credit cards, or hard drives? When you pass a magnet near them, they get ‘wiped’. Incase you didn’t realise, this city is made out of strong ferromagnets. Apparently Aurwyn never had a ferromagnetic resistance implant installed, a standard in today’s robots. I wonder why. Anyways, all of Aurwyn’s data was wiped the moment you touched the edge of the city, this includes any memories, abilities she’s obtained, or the knowledge that she exists at all. She’s a literal hunk of metal.”

“Dammiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...”

“There is a solution however. As much as I advise against it, there is a ...I guess you could call it a robot, that lives in the lower city. His name is Blacksmith, and he can’t be approached by any regular technology, as the place he lives in has an insanely powerful magnetic force. No one knows what kind of device he uses to resist them, but people say he has such talent with magnets that he can return even wiped data to devices. The alternative is that I can try to ‘reinstall’ Aurwyn again, but she won’t have any memories of you, and any extra abilities she didn’t initially have will be lost.”

AURWYN IS BRICKED

If there's any loot, take it. If not, go look for someone.
SOMETHING BASTARD(Xantalos)-
SOMETHING BASTARD decides he wants to find SOMEONE. He sees a person in the distance fighting some worms, and has to decide between murdering them, or helping them out but still probably murdering them. Or help them out BY murdering them.

explore to the right.

TURN 1

Rozar(Unholy_Pariah)-
After traveling to the right for a while, Rozar feels drowzy, and thinks to himself, Why would anybody build a sewer in a never-raining icy place like this? Especially if it's out in the middle of the woods?

At that moment, Rozar's foot hit something, and he trips and falls over.

...But he never hit the ground. Rozar just keeps on falling. There is nothing around him but darkness.

As the falling continued, there was no bottom. There was no direction. Rozar couldn't see the front of his hand if he wanted to.

But there was one thing he could do.

I should sleep. There is nothing left to see.

"Where are you?"
Rozar swore that he heard a voice just then. A young feminine one, but an ice cold one. Rozar snaps open his eyes, and he realizes he is laying on some sort of pavement. The room he is in is completely dark, and as his eyes adjust, Rozar witnesses the scene laid out before him. The entire room is covered in stringy meat, as though someone wrung a human through meat grinder, gave up half way, then ate and vomited the remains, and used that as wall paint. As the rest of the room came into view, a brutal scene is spread out in front of Rozar. The wall to the right of Rozar has childish drawings and scribbles that are nearly incomprehensible, there are still-breathing humans with their limbs dismembered and attached to other parts of their bodies to replicate that of a spider, as well as a corpse in the corner with all it's skin shaved off, with its slightly recognizable face twisted in a disturbing smile, the eyes staring straight at Rozar. Rozar's stomach turned.

"Ahh there you are, I was worried."

There was the voice again, that cold, heartless voice that made Rozar's spine tingle.

The voice came from behind Rozar. Rozar tries to move to face the voice, but he can't move. His legs and arm are stapled to the pavement.

"Do you like my play room?"

The voice comes around to face Rozar. The figure that stands in front of Rozar is no older than the age of nine, and she wears a beautiful golden dress that contrasts with the rest of the room greatly.

"You were filthy when you came in. Don't you know to take a shower before you enter someone else's dimension? I had to clean you for the whole day!"

"And to think how disappointed I was, I was going to play with you so much... but you were already broken"

"...your arm is missing"

The once cold voice of this girl becomes completely enraged, which is probably not good for Rozar in any way.

"BUT DON'T WORRY, I'LL FIND A NEW ONE, JUST FOR THE TWO OF US, TO SHARE"

The door hinges nearly break off as the girl leaves the room, and Rozar probably doesn't have much time to get out before she returns.

Well fuck me... how the hell am i gonna get out of this one...

use my immense strength and endurance to pull the staples pinning my arm free from the floor then pull them all free of my body before searching for my gun.

regardless of success in finding my gun pull on the door till it falls from its hinges and search for an exit.

TURN 2

Rozar(Unholy_Pariah)-
Attempts: 3
Arm staples end: 8 [4(+4)]
Rozar str: 7 [3(+4)]
Left leg staples end: 8 [4(+4)]
Right leg staples: 10 [6(+4)]

Despite Rozar’s efforts, he completely fails to get the staples out. Maybe if he pulls a little harder-

Attempts: 2
Arm staples end: 5 [1(+4)]
Rozar str: 6 [2(+4)]
Rozar Bleed roll: 3
Rozar Counter Bleed roll: 6
Left leg staples end: 6 [2(+4)]
Rozar str: 5 [1(+4)]
Right leg staples end: 8 [4(+4)]
Rozar str: 8 [4(+4)]
Rozar Bleed roll: 6
Rozar Counter Bleed roll: 4

Rozar pulls his arm from the floor, picking out the staples in his arms.  Rozar’s heart races as he hears feet approaching. He pulls his right leg from the floor, but some of the skin is torn off as the staples don’t come out all the way, and Rozar starts bleeding.

Attempts: 1
Left leg staples end: 5 [5(+1)]
Rozar str: 9 [5(+4)]
Rozar Bleed roll: 1
Rozar Counter Bleed roll: 3

Rozar pulls his left leg off the floor, pulls the staples out, and pushes himself up. He needs a hiding place as fast as he can, but the only thing in the room he can hide behind is that deskinned body in the corner. The smell is terrible, and as Rozar goes to push the body out of the way, the muscles feel like raw chicken. This corpse is not old at all. And it’s still smiling.

The door is thrown open and that girl appears again.

“You know that your pathetic hiding trick won’t ever work here. It’s my realm after all, I can sense you behind my last playmate. I expected you to do something like this anyways, why do you think I reinforced those staples so weakly?”

Mysterious girl dex: 82 [2(+80)]
Rozar dex: 5 [1(+4)]

In almost instant, the corpse Rozar was hiding behind is pushed out of the way, and the girl is standing right in front of him.

“And to think of all the traps I’ve set up for you! How lazy and incompetent. You never even left the room! I think I’ll be nice to you just this one last time and let you have a free shot at me. Your gun is just over there, in that cabinet right outside the door!”

She speaks almost ecstatically, like she’s been waiting for this to happen for a long time. This is obviously a trap... There’s another way, right?

((I'm surprised I pulled that off, except that it DIDN'T KILL HER.))
Try to reason with him. If he throws the gold chunks at me, dodge FIRST and then try to retrieve the paper.
((So, according to this new rule, reasoning is not a combat action so I should not be penalized for the dodge, but if I go for the paper I'll have -1 to dex. Correct?))
Squitange(Squill)- ((Wow turns out I've been typoing 'Squitange' 'Squintage' this whole time. My bad.))
32 sided death spear target roll: 4 (1 is IMMINENT DEATH)

“S-sir, I don’t wish to be here, my death is worthless to you.”

But Squitange didn’t get an answer he expected at all, good or bad.

Lance simply bows down and tells Squitange, “M’lady needs me. Perhaps we can save our duel for a later meeting.” and with that, Lance vanishes. Squitange goes to pick up his paper (with his sleeves), and to his surprise, it uncrumples perfectly fine, as though the paper was just produced.

But despite there being no enemy in sight, the spears on the ceiling are still falling. Squitange needs to find an exit, or he might be the next target. There are doors up on the balcony the crown was sitting on, but they look locked. As soon as  Squitange takes the side staircase up, Squitange checks all the doors, but all of them are in fact, locked. But just as Squitange is out of hope, he turns around and sees a door he must have missed...? This last door is not like the others, it has no symmetry to the rest of the doors, and it’s made out of a different, lower quality materials. Upon pushing the door opens, and Squitange finds that he is in front of a pitch black hallway, with a huge ceiling. The air is cold, like a refrigerator, and Squitange can’t see very far in. Squitange finds all this very odd, was it a trap set up by that girl and Lance by a chance? Either way, it’s this path, or Squitange will have to wait for the city guard to get people out, and who knows how long that will take!

"... I'm sorry."

Shoot the ever-loving crap out of those sand worms, backing away while I do so.
Raynen(Nicholas1024)-
Raynen (attack) dex: 4 [1(+3)]
Worm1 (defense) dex: 5 [3(+2)]
Raynen (defense) dex: 6 [3(+3)]
Worm1 (attack) dex: 8 [6(+2)]
Worm1 str: 6 [6(±0)]
Raynen end: 7 [4(+3)]

Raynen (attack) dex: 9 [6(+3)]
Worm2 (defense) dex: 7 [5(+2)]
Worm2 end: 4 [5(-1)]
Raynen aff: 7 [4(+3)]
Worm2 bds: 4 [4(±0)]

Raynen (attack) dex: 5 [2(+3)]
Worm3 (defense) dex: 3 [1(+2)]
Worm3 end: 4 [5(-1)]
Raynen aff: 4 [1(+3)]
Worm3 bds: 3 [3(±0)]
Worm3 (attack) dex: 0 [2(±0) -2 chibi status]
Raynen (defense) dex: 5 [2(+3)]

Out of rage for Varen, Raynen’s first shot is unstable and misses the worm completely, leaving Raynen open for attack. The worm lunges at Raynen, but Raynen simply brushes the worm to the side with his bow. Immediately arming another arrow, Raynen fires his next shot at the second worm. This shot lands square in the face, destroying whatever kind of functionality this worm may have. The worm shrinks down to a tiny size, collapses over, and dies. Raynen loads his next shot into his bow, shooting the final worm. This worm’s skin tears only a little, but the magic that hits its skin still takes effect, shrinking the worm down to a tiny size. Despite this, the worm still tries to jump at Raynen, but fails terribly as Raynen simply sidesteps and dodges the worm.

DEMONS RUN AND ERIC SPAWN

DEMONS RUN(ragnarok97071)-
DEMONS luk: 5 [2(+3)]
DEMONS’ Waiver appears to be doing absolutely nothing. DEMONS gets angry and throws the Waiver on the ground. Suddenly the Waiver starts crackling and breaks open, revealing a set of 10 wicked looking knives. Weighing the knives, DEMONS believes them to be made for throwing.

Eric(GreatWyrmGold)-
Eric luk: 3 [5(-2)]
Eric is examining his Waiver when an unbelievably sketchy minivan with ‘FREE CANDY’ painted on the side rolls up. Eric goes to check inside for free lolis, but when he looks through the window there is no one driving the van. Eric then looks back down at his Waiver to see it has transformed into a car key. Looks like Eric has to do the loli catching himself.

Good on you Eric.

Main Map
Dimension Map

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 12, 2013, 01:31:10 am »

Wait until the worms are dead, then - wait I have no weapons. And -6 STR.
Helpfully tackle him into a worm and back off until the loot spawns. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:10:08 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: July 12, 2013, 02:07:19 am »

Run close to them. Not enough to get hit, though.
You're actually already there. Probably my fault for not specifying, but you're close enough to ambush anyone (Including Raynen!) and take the initiative, or not getting struck first.

Wait until the worms are dead, then - wait I have no weapons. And -6 STR.
Helpfully tackle him into a worm and back off until the loot spawns. 

Tackling still costs strength. :P
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:12:59 am by stefmor90 »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 159