Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 275289 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Enter the Dragon!
« Reply #555 on: February 18, 2013, 01:50:17 pm »

Now Scap's character is the oldest one left and either he or me will probably die soon.
Or?

Play a really loud major seventh over and over to annoy Alani.
Hey, I LIKE Major 7ths! Beautiful! Maybe you can make it a Second Inversion Diminished Seventh? That usually gets me.
...You don't act like you know much about music, do you?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 18, 2013, 01:59:39 pm »

Now Scap's character is the oldest one left and either he or me will probably die soon.
Or?

What? Is it supposed to be "I" instead of "me" or something?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 18, 2013, 02:00:45 pm »

Or?
What? Is it supposed to be "I" instead of "me" or something?
Well, it is, but I was protesting the implied assumption that only one of you would die.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 18, 2013, 02:02:52 pm »

Well by most chances one of us will die. The chances of us killing each other or someone else killing us both isn't as high.... the possibility is there, but I doubt it'll happen.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 18, 2013, 02:05:02 pm »

Of course it is. There is nothing relevant you don't know that I do.
Sig

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 18, 2013, 02:08:31 pm »

Ok.... what's your point then?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 18, 2013, 02:15:35 pm »

Nothing whatsoever.

That I'm admitting to.
Sig

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 18, 2013, 02:42:44 pm »

I do not understand your hostility  :(
1)I didnt attempt to steal your staff, i merely placed my hand upon it because it was the only viable method i had to defend myself.
2)i wanted to have the marlboro attack alani while he/she was still on the tower not break free and kill everyone
3) i specified in my action to attack your attacker.
4)it was alanis greed that killed you and not part of my master plan
5) you  inadvertantly got arthur killed when you made that cage and he vowed no revenge against either of us

Please stop vowing revenge against me for results beyond my control, it makes me sad.
Don't worry, I'm not personally mad at you. Razdak was just mad at Sven because he kept interrupting his research, and, to Razdak, that's worse than killing him, because death in another universe is not a true ending for Greencloaks, it just means they can't go back that specific universe, at least, not by their usual means. And Razdak figured he would be killed eventually, or might have to kill himself, he just hoped to be able to do more experiments before he went, and Sven's grabbing his wand set that back at least a turn. Of course, Razdak's vendetta is not shared by the other Greencloaks, and I figured that, by the time Razdak met Sven again in another universe, they would have talked him into at the very least just restraining Sven when he saw him.

If you aren't comfortable with the idea, I can just call the whole thing off. I just thought this was a nice opportunity to get a multiversal grudge going, since I don't have one of those with anyone yet.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 18, 2013, 03:54:09 pm »

Hey, I LIKE Major 7ths! Beautiful! Maybe you can make it a Second Inversion Diminished Seventh? That usually gets me.
What? I really do like the sound of Major Sevenths. It has a nice scrunch to it. And by SIDS, I mean a Diminished Seventh in it's Second Inversion. How much do YOU know about music?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 18, 2013, 04:13:56 pm »

What? I really do like the sound of Major Sevenths. It has a nice scrunch to it. And by SIDS, I mean a Diminished Seventh in its Second Inversion. How much do YOU know about music?
Enough to now realize what you mean, and to wonder why people like major sevenths.
Sig

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 18, 2013, 04:20:05 pm »

They're a bit annoying to identify by ear. Which I have to do for an upcoming exam. Along with Major and Minor Thirds, Perfect Fifth, Perfect Octaves, Major and Minor Sixths, and a few going down from the Tonic Note instead of Up.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 18, 2013, 04:25:19 pm »

They're a bit annoying to identify by ear. Which I have to do for an upcoming exam. Along with Major and Minor Thirds, Perfect Fifth, Perfect Octaves, Major and Minor Sixths, and a few going down from the Tonic Note instead of Up.
Well, I haven't established any good tricks for the tonics, but...well, think of songs which start with the intervals.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 18, 2013, 04:31:55 pm »

Well, I haven't established any good tricks for the tonics, but...well, think of songs which start with the intervals.
Yeah, I do that too.
I have another set, but don't remember them at the moment, and I'll have to get back to you with them.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure!
« Reply #568 on: February 18, 2013, 10:33:42 pm »

((Wow. Uh....Sorry, Kadzar. Did NOT mean to kill you there. Was actually going to ask for an alliance. :P))

Give the horn one last blow, before shooting off a single arrow at Sven.
remind the dragon that alani just killed its creator/father the powerslide down the length of its body until i reach the point closest to the ground then jump off and tuck and roll

Once im back on solid ground powerslide in an arc around the marlboro death zone and point willys arm and bowgun at mr flying douchebag then make him pull the trigger and run off again

Wonder why I am not on the map than look for trouble and move away from it. Shoot if necessary. Anyone want to ally with me?
MAKE HIM TOUCH THE WEAPON ANYWAYS BY BITCH SLAPPING HIM WITH IT.
Electric fan the hell out of Willy Snow.
(Dragon targeting: 5) I used a d5 to pick from the five guys closest to the dragon. Alani was number five
(Marlboro targeting: 3) This one was open to everyone, and Unlucky is our big winner/loser

(Alani dexterity: 1+2)
(Sven dexterity: 4+3+2)
(Willy dexterity: 5+5)
(Badassitude dexterity: 5+1-2)
(Dragon dexterity: 2+2)

(Willy dexterity: 5+5)
(Alani dexterity: 5+2)
(Alani endurance: 4-1+3)

(Sven dexterity: 5+3)
(Willy dexterity: 4+5)

(Badassitude badassery: 5+6)
(Badassitude dexterity: 4+1)
(Willy dexterity: 3+5)

(Dragon dexterity: 4+2)
(Alani dexterity: 5+2)

(Alani affinity: 4+3)
(Sven badassery: 2-6)
(Sven endurance: 6+2-2)
(Badassitude badassery: 2+6)
(Badassitude endurance: 3+2+4)
(Willy badassery: 4)
(Willy endurance: 6-5+2)

Willy spots Alani flying above the tall grass, and decides to take a potshot at her with his bowgun. There's a roar of gunpowder as he pulls the trigger, and his silver arrow flies directly towards the stone angel, but it loses a good deal of its momentum as it travels. Still, it's a decent shot, and it makes contact with Alani's nose, leaving a sizable crack in the stone there. As he loads another arrow, Sven bursts forth from the tall grass and makes a grab for his weapon. Willy just barely sidesteps the man before Sir Badassitude comes crashing through the bushes, brandishing his fan like a sledgehammer. Willy expertly spins away from the blow, and notices Badassitude's skin literally start to crawl before it settles down again. Meanwhile, the dragon licks its chops with its long vine-like tongue before making a sudden lunge at Alani, who just barely twists out of the way before making a beeline for Sven, with her trumpet to her lips. As she flies over her target and the group of people he's standing beside, she plays a blaring major seventh interval. Sven stands completely transfixed by the instrument as his rash begins to worsen, and Sir Badassitude pumps his fist in the air, yelling "THAT'S MY JAM!", completely unaffected by the notes. Willy sticks his fingers in his ears, but even then the sound is just too much for him. His skin begins to peel, and he passes out from the shock, a thin trickle of liquid mercury dripping from his mouth.

"I tried asking nicely..."

Heart murder Lucky

Lucky sighs at the craziness that seems to pop up around him again. He glares at the old guy with the spikes as if saying "please give me a reason to kill you." Lucky turns to Unlucky and suggests to him we should get away from that dragon head and run away from the giant plant monster, but leaves it up to his bro to decide on the next move. Lucky also asks Lilia to put a shield bubble thing on Unlucky, if that's not too much of a burden for her.
((Not much dialogue for my RP thing this time lol))

Follow and help out Unlucky in whatever he decides to do. Ask Lilia to put a shield on Unlucky if possible.
If me or my bro are attacked, counter with my ax if they are in range of it. If they are nearby but not in ax range, have Lilia geyser them.
((I'm gonna call that my counter plan from now on, if you don't mind Wwolin. Kinda annoying to type that every time lol))
(John dexterity: 4-1)
(Lucky dexterity: 3-1)
(Lilia dexterity: 2)

(John dexterity: 4-1)
(John strength: 6-1)
(Lucky dexterity: 3-1)
(Lilia dexterity: 5)
(Lilia affinity: 3)
(Lilia endurance: 1+2)

(Lucky dexterity: 6-1)
(John dexterity: 5-1)
(Lucky strength: 1-1)

(Lilia endurance: 2+2)

"Nope, my shields will only work on you and me. I can still try to protect you brother though, if anything goes... WATCH OUT!" Lilia bowls into Lucky, taking a barrage of needles to the gut that would have otherwise hit her master. John grins sadistically as he pulls his hand back, the needles following it like a magnet as they slide out of the girl's stomach. Lucky looks on for a split second before his surprise is overcome by a feeling of sudden rage. With a primal yell, he brings the axe down towards John, but in his anger he forgets to keep a firm grip, and the weapon flies out of his hand and lands a few yards behind John. Lucky looks back at Lilia for a second, and sees her collapse to the ground, bleeding out and barely breathing.

"You think you are bad Sir Badassitude? Well the rock is here to tell you something, you're not.
You are nothing little cry baby pretending to be a man. The rock has beat down giants in the ring,
do you think the rock is scared of you? Uh...ya right. The rock will ask you this only once."

DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING?

Break one of his knees with a side kick, then do a spinning round kick to his face. Don't touch
his weapon.

Never mind, Badassitude is The Rocks friend now. Beat Willy Snow to death with the help of Badassitude. Try to take his bow gun while I am at it.

Never mind, Willy Snow is The Rocks friend now. Try to find a large tree branch to use as a club.
(Rock luck: 3-6)
(Rock dexterity: 3+5)

You look for a branch, and with a loud crack, one breaks off of the tree and falls directly towards you. You casually step out of the way, and it crashes harmlessly to the ground at your feet. Unfortunately, the impact from the fall has reduced it to little more than a pile of splinters, which wouldn't be of any use as a weapon.

"This seems like the proper moment to start running, if I say so myself."
Accept sword. Get away from the giant monsters, running south. Retaliate with ice sword if attacked.

(Unlucky dexterity: 4+3)
(Marlboro dexterity: 1+2)

You completely ditch your brother and his guardian angel as you take off towards the south. The Marlboro King glares at you with its eyestalks and advances towards you, but you're much faster than it is, and make it into the southern grass before it can so much as swing at you.

MAP

Oh, and Wwolin: How did you make this loot generator?
It's really just a long and complicated chart, kinda like The Metamorphica, which assigns powers to die rolls. It used to generate the objects themselves, but that was a pain, and didn't really work for negatives. So now it's numbers upon numbers.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! THAT'S MY JAM!
« Reply #569 on: February 18, 2013, 10:38:37 pm »

It sounded like a computer program. How did you program it?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 159