Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 66

Author Topic: American Politics Omnibus Megathread of DOOM  (Read 69870 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: American Politics Omnibus Megathread of DOOM
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2013, 09:39:42 pm »

I voted Cthulhu, but he never showed up, always saying the stars are not yet right. Thinking about going Azathoth next time.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2013, 09:42:28 pm »

Why don't we have a Happyologist Party yet? It'd be nice to see someone competing with teapartiers for the crazy demographic.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2013, 09:43:37 pm »

1860-1932 (only two Democratic presidents in that entire time period, Cleveland and Wilson)

Well, technically three, as Johnson was a democrat outside the war, and one could nitpick that Cleveland counts as two separate presidents because of his non-consecutive term shenanigans.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2013, 09:56:48 pm »

1860-1932 (only two Democratic presidents in that entire time period, Cleveland and Wilson)

Well, technically three, as Johnson was a democrat outside the war, and one could nitpick that Cleveland counts as two separate presidents because of his non-consecutive term shenanigans.

True, but Johnson was never elected into office as president, just veep.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2013, 09:58:22 pm »

Conceded, but the original statement was about the number, not number elected, but I'll stop this before it leads to a derail.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2013, 11:04:50 pm »

This is not a derail; these technicalities are the life blood of democracy! Yay?

Conceded, but the original statement was about the number, not number elected, but I'll stop this before it leads to a derail.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2013, 11:23:56 pm »

Ah... politics... you are never away long.

So, who thinks the house will impeach Obama on 'something' in the next 4 years?
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2013, 11:25:34 pm »

If they wanted to, they'd have material: he's illegally failed to submit a budget for all but one of the past five years. He just failed to do so again.

Naturally, it's because it would be shot down, but...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2013, 11:30:36 pm »

Ah... politics... you are never away long.

So, who thinks the house will impeach Obama on 'something' in the next 4 years?

Well, a cadre of Republican House members have promised that if Obama authorizes a single new action or signs one new bill of any kind in relation to firearms they'll immediately launch the trial.  So my money's on it happening.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2013, 11:31:00 pm »

The Budget and Accounting Act requires the President to submit a budget by the first Monday in February. We have not yet passed that line.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2013, 12:14:43 am »

The Budget and Accounting Act requires the President to submit a budget by the first Monday in February. We have not yet passed that line.

Ahh.

I suppose that's what I get for reading World Nut Daily for lulz earlier today and then misremembering where I read their lunacy later...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2013, 01:17:27 am »

I think we should have made a Trillion dollar platnium coin and sent it to china, going "So we found some pocket change".

Impeachment, of course will never pass. But that's a line in the sand where you just look stupid, and there aren't any concievable benefits to gain from it from the republicans who pretend to be tea-partiers, unless they think their position is substanitally strongr then it looks. AS such, I doubt it will occur. If, it does, it will be other something new entirely.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2013, 01:38:08 am »

But that's a line in the sand where you just look stupid, and there aren't any concievable benefits to gain from it from the republicans who pretend to be tea-partiers, unless they think their position is substanitally strongr then it looks...

So, nothing new?

Also, impeachment might pass, but the conviction wont. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2013, 01:39:06 am »

He'll definitely be ranked in the top half of presidents, I think. Healthcare is historic, and one of his goals for his second term is immigration reform; if he gets that done, he'll probably get the top third.

So hard for me to believe, considering how he's ramped up most of the things Bush was so hated for.  He's progressive on cultural issues (homosexuality/abortion/that whole category of issues) and Obamacare looks to be mostly a good thing (though I'm not well-versed on it)... but what else am I supposed to like him for?

The thing that bothers me the most is, like someone already mentioned, he's undermined a ton of basic civil rights.  He's ferociously expanded the government's ability to invade privacy while operating in secrecy, among other things.  What are future presidents going to do with this power?  Obamacare and the current economic issues are matters of good fortune, which is a thing that constantly changes.  Basic civil rights are lost easily, and don't return without decades of vicious struggle.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2013, 01:44:17 am »

But that's a line in the sand where you just look stupid, and there aren't any concievable benefits to gain from it from the republicans who pretend to be tea-partiers, unless they think their position is substanitally strongr then it looks...

So, nothing new?

Also, impeachment might pass, but the conviction wont. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States
Even if the house tries, the entirety of the democratic party will vote against it, and too many republivans will be concerned with looking bad. 81 republicans voted for the debt deal, there ARE sane ones out there.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 66