this is here cause I don't know how to get rid of a poll :(

Help.
- 0 (0%)
Don't help.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2013, 11:47:31 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Unity; An RTD Lost In Space. *Dead*  (Read 19876 times)

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
Re: Unity; An RTD Lost In Space (Accepting applications)
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 12:25:11 am »

I'm undecided on the Martian thing, but if you wanted to be as normal as you could while still giving him tentacle arms, he could just have extensive cybernetics. Maybe his arms took the full force of an explosion or got crushed in something, and so when they told him he'd need synthetic replacements/rebuilds, he asked if they had to be purely human. Turns out the answer is no, especially if you're an engineer who can handle the weird controls.

Also I noticed that we got three items (could have sworn it was 2), but I've yet to figure out what I want. Probably a weapon, but I'm sort of torn between the various options.

Got anything nonlethal, like a tazer gun or something?

I could just give you a 'modified' Type-1 to be non-lethal, or I could make a Type-2, it is up to you.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 12:27:37 am »

Ooh, that sounds nice. How powerful would each of them be? Both in terms of what they could put down and what they couldn't put down without hurting it, if anything.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 12:35:17 am »

Now, Since I am very bored, and have nothing better to do, I'm going to think out loud about the "SCIENCE" and I use that word carefully, of everything in this game to figure what is possible and what is not.

I AM NOT A QUALIFIED PHYSICIST, SO I AM ALLOWED TO BE WRONG.

with that out of the way:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 12:36:56 am »

Ooh, that sounds nice. How powerful would each of them be? Both in terms of what they could put down and what they couldn't put down without hurting it, if anything.

I would make the modified Type-1 more powerful in that, if necessary, you could 'overcharge' and cause some damage, whilst I would make the Type-2 not able to harm but to Stun more powerful adversaries.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 12:49:34 am »

Yay 3 out of the possible 5 votes for the starting squad are pro martian, i may just become a martian :D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 12:50:54 am »

Yay 3 out of the possible 5 votes for the starting squad are pro martian, i may just become a martian :D

Have you voted yet?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 12:54:10 am »

I would make the modified Type-1 more powerful in that, if necessary, you could 'overcharge' and cause some damage, whilst I would make the Type-2 not able to harm but to Stun more powerful adversaries.
When you say "stun," do you mean knock out for a fair amount of time or just disable for a round or two? I'm much more interested in taking things alive than helping damage them. Probably more interested in temporarily stunning them than damaging them too, for that matter...

So most likely the Type-3 unless I'm concerned about the range, I suppose.

Of course, this is all working on the assumption that, if we find anything, it'll probably be berserk hermits or space bugs or something (hence asking about if there's some things the guns stop being nonlethal on). It's fine if things don't work out because Oops Space Monsters. :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 12:57:37 am »

When you say "stun," do you mean knock out for a fair amount of time or just disable for a round or two? I'm much more interested in taking things alive than helping damage them. Probably more interested in temporarily stunning them than damaging them too, for that matter...

So most likely the Type-3 unless I'm concerned about the range, I suppose.

Of course, this is all working on the assumption that, if we find anything, it'll probably be berserk hermits or space bugs or something (hence asking about if there's some things the guns stop being nonlethal on). It's fine if things don't work out because Oops Space Monsters. :P

First, did you mean Type-2, cause the Type-3 is a shotgun.
Secondly, I guess they will knock out for varying times depending on the strength of the creature.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 12:58:48 am »

Have you voted yet?

...maybe
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 01:02:32 am »

*Sigh*
Looks like Unholy_Pariah is a Martian...

God Save Us All.

In happier news, I'm going to start on the first Game Post , NOW!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2013, 01:05:33 am »

Well then.

And yeah, I missed that you'd make a Type-2 and thought you were just talking about a stunning shotgun. Oops. :P

So, probably a Type-2.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2013, 01:06:34 am »

HUZZAH! *wobbly arm martian victory dance*

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 02:32:11 am »

Turn One:
You awaken to the sound of a buzzer ringing throughout the halls of the Phoenix, a automated transport vessel, programmed to deliver you all to within shuttle range of the Phoenix. You pack up all your gear and move swiftly down a few sets of corridors to the hangar. The shuttle has already been stocked with supplies, and you join your new colleagues in walking up the boarding ramp and into a rather worryingly cramped compartment. When all are aboard, the shuttle hums slowly but surely towards what is without a doubt, the biggest spaceship you have ever seen. at 5km long, 3 wide and 1.2 tall, the Unity is a behemoth of the stars, and, for the next few weeks, your home.

The shuttle sets down in on of the primary hangar bays of the Unity, halfway down the ship. As it lands you hear a voice coming from the HUD implant in your brain, 'Please don your exo-suit in preparation for our landing. Atmosphere readings in the hangar bay are inconclusive.' You quickly put on your suit and everyone else does the same. Shortly afterwards you hear a slight clank as the shuttles docking feet touch down on the Unity. Pick up your gear and prepare to disembark.

The Shuttle has landed in a large hangar, there are a multitude of fighters lining the walls and three doors spaced evenly apart, there is little gravity, and no lights on the door panels, so you suspect there is probably no power in this section of the ship. You think that if you had a crowbar you may be able to force one of the doors open. Once all the supplies are retrieved, the shuttle takes off and exits the hangar, it will stay at a safe distance until you call it back. This is the Unity, pride and joy of Earth, our last hope, your work place...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:38:29 am by Mr.FancyPants »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 02:37:44 am »

"It would probably be advantageous to restore power to this section of the ship," Cerulean intoned. Her voice was fairly melodious, but couldn't quite shake hints of being artificial.

Examine hangar for anything of interest.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 02:44:55 am »

((so am i still an engineer despite being a martian?))

examine doors, pry the most important looking one open.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19