this is here cause I don't know how to get rid of a poll :(

Help.
- 0 (0%)
Don't help.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 14, 2013, 11:47:31 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Unity; An RTD Lost In Space. *Dead*  (Read 19887 times)

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
Unity; An RTD Lost In Space. *Dead*
« on: January 13, 2013, 09:13:00 pm »

UNITY

Story/History:
40 years ago: Earth's ecosystems are rapidly crumbling under the pressure of industry and expansion, 80% of all plant and animal life is destroyed. As natural resources and space become an increasing issue, two prevalent sides form, The Allied Commonwealth, consisting of Australia, Britain, her colonies and the United States, and The New Soviet Union, consisting mainly of Russia and her satellites.

30 years ago: Earth is void of all plant and animal life, over crowded, and dying. Both the Commonwealth and Union's leaders recognize their only chance lies in a shared future, so they pool what is left of their resources and create a massive ship, capable of inter stellar travel, this ship's purpose is to seek out colonizable planets. This ships is called the Unity.

24 years ago: Shortly after exiting the Orion arm of our galaxy, all contact with the Unity ceases. No messages, no distress beacon, nothing...

NOW: the Unity has been spotted by the new Hubble telescope, and you have been selected as part of an expedition to travel to and explore the Unity with the purpose of discovering what happened to the ship and it's crew...

Character Sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Equipment Options: You may choose 3 of the optional equipment options. UPDATED.

People So Far:

Wait list:

RULES

That is it for the moment. First 5 characters, if I get that many, will be in the game, others will be on waiting list.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:28:46 pm by Mr.FancyPants »
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unity; An RTD Lost In Space
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 09:14:41 pm »

Name: Javier Gonzalez
Appearance: Tall, skinny, not very built
Qualification, Job: Systems Technician
Equipment: Repair tools(computers),  Standardized Technicians' Uniform, Screw driver,  small Laser/Arc cutter(gotta get into those computers somehow!).          Optional: type 1, portable generator, Oxy Wielder
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:40:20 pm by javierpwn »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 09:15:00 pm »

UNITY

Story/History:

Woops ignore this...
Make me >:D

AGRAMAND'S SWAPSHOP
1 martian foot
1 arm
1 crowbar
1 oxy-welder
1 weapon recharge station
1 type-7 heavy laser
2 type-3 semi-directed energy weapons
3 unnamed superweapons.
Assorted xeno parts

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:13:41 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 09:28:25 pm »

Oh wait, I just remembered. We don't have a crazy biologist who insists that we take some back for proper study.

Problem solved.

I'd join. However what's the scifi. Hard or soft?
Yeah, this too. Although really we should just punish the GM for his vagueness by remembering that it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Japanese little girl android is go.

Oh dear god no...

MORE INFO WILL BE LOCATED ON THE ACTUAL THREAD ONCE I FINISH IT PLEASE PE PATIENT WITH ME.
Fear me for i am agramand the last moonmartian mwahahahaha
OOPS

THERE IS FANART OF IT IT IS NOW CANON
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 09:29:38 pm »

I am still the engineer. Call me Anson A. Clarke.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 09:34:22 pm »

((I can draw some stuff and all, but god, I swear sometimes IronyOwl makes me want to toss my money at the screen.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 09:39:07 pm »

Why do i look at that image and get the distinct impression i ate the queen and stole her stuff?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 09:43:47 pm »

((I can draw some stuff and all, but god, I swear sometimes IronyOwl makes me want to toss my money at the screen.))
:))

I am particularly proud of this one, but I'm not sure how much of that is how it turned out and how much is what I'm doing to Mr. FancyPants' game. :P

Why do i look at that image and get the distinct impression i ate the queen and stole her stuff?
Nonsense, that's just your traditional moonmartian battlegown. And of course, as the last of them you're something like a prince.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 09:50:55 pm »

Sooo that sceptre... kinetic amplification mace?
Everyone knows royalty likes whacking people with stuff and nothing strokes your ego like sending someone flying with a single backhanded swipe.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 09:54:57 pm »

Nastia Sulzhuk
 female
The slim wiry frame that her job demands is complimented by a short haircut and very small breasts, more closely resembling a tall twelve year old boy than a woman, or some two faced friends may remark. Her face is not unattractive, if a bit plain. Rustic features, Brown hair, Brown eyes. A tan from swimming heavily, as a search and rescue pilot, picking up downed craft, or individuals more often, from an ocean landing is both common and very difficult if not tempered.
Search and Rescue Craft Pilot
 Working for six years in the Union Cosmic Navy as a SAR pilot has brought her to this point. She joined the job because she wanted to leave her little plot of land and not become either a possession or a single mother. She is relatively laid back and cool despite the fact she is twenty four. As a SAR pilot she is well versed in tactical insertion and emergency medicine, as all SAR personnel are. She has handled weapons but does not use one on a daily basis and only has a moderate to basic understanding of them.

Default, type 3, door hacker, crowbar.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 11:15:55 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 09:58:11 pm »

Aww come on guys quit being silly.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 10:00:41 pm »

Post is still in progress; he either posted this by accident or wanted something up he could work on piecemeal.

Also no, never. I just need a name for little robot-chan. :3

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 10:16:13 pm »

I dunno if I'm actually going to join this or if I'm just going to be watching, but with characters like that, I have to say, godspeed, ladies and gentleman. Godspeed.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 10:16:14 pm »

Moonmartians are perfectly acceptable if you consider that the moon is dead thetefore they must have undertaken a similar exodus at some point in order to survive, that said they would not be able to take their entire population with them and the remaining moonmartians would be trapped in their underground cities unable to colonize earth due to the endless viruses and bacteria on the planet coupled with the hostile organisms domunating the planet be they dinosaur or man.

See the moonmartians would have migrated from mars to the moon when it started freezing over in an attempt to claim earth and used their advanced technology to try to kill off all life by detonating a 50,000jiggawatt fusion bomb to kill off all life on the planet during the reign of the dinosaurs. When it became evident this had failed they used their operational ships for the exodus and the remainder were trapped. Since then they have been repairing their few remaining vessels and abducting cows to try and harvest antibodies so they might finally claim the planet while their population slowly declined.

See makes perfect sense... i wanna be a moonmartian gosh darn it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 10:35:54 pm »

Good luck.

Oh, and Unholy_Pariah: You could just say they're from Phobos and/or Deimos and be done with it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19