Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141760 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #600 on: September 24, 2014, 02:44:02 am »

A command to mark all water/ice tiles as Restricted. The intended use is for cold climes where you want to avoid drowning due to ice melting and death due to freezing.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 24, 2014, 02:47:15 am »

A command to mark all water/ice tiles as Restricted. The intended use is for cold climes where you want to avoid drowning due to ice melting and death due to freezing.

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/master/Readme.rst#restrictliquid
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/master/Readme.rst#restrictice
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #602 on: September 24, 2014, 04:58:59 am »

a way to unfreeze ice

and

a way to remove something from a fort and then have a caravn arrive and then it arrive as a caravan guard
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:36:55 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Probe1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 25, 2014, 12:21:30 am »

I've always wanted an autogather plugin that functions identically to autochop except for gathering plants.    I don't have the energy to constantly designate gather plants on my clay/sand areas.  But my dwarves do.  If I could have exactly what autochop does, from burrows to a very convenient UI, but for plant gathering I'd be so happy.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 25, 2014, 05:00:57 pm »

If someone were to make a patch to fix or in any way work around the bug where Marksdwarves won't ever take [C]ombat designated bolts out of their quivers to make room from [T]raining designated bolts and therefore get stuck with metal bolts in their quivers and refuse to train ever again... (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4530 <-- that one) it would make me so happy.  :)

Apparently someone on the bugtracker made a binary patch that fixed or worked around it once, but that was posted many versions ago so no doubt it no longer works.

This bug has been around forever and makes it so the only practical options for Marksdwarves are either:

1. Only let them use Wood/Bone bolts for both combat and training, no metal bolts -- this way they suck in combat vs armored things.
2. Let them use bolts of any material for both combat and training -- this way they burn through your expensive and finite metal bolt supply like there's no tomorrow.

--nomad_delta

Psyra

• Escaped Lunatic
  • has created "Flamebait", a legendary forum post!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #605 on: September 26, 2014, 09:46:21 am »

Code: [Select]
for k,bed in ipairs(df.global.world.buildings.other.BED) do
    bed.owner_id=-1
    bed.owner=nil
end

There's your "unassign all" script.

Splendid! Much thanks!

Now just need to figure out how and where to plug that in. ;)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 26, 2014, 01:54:23 pm »

You could save it as a script in <DF>/hack/scripts (e.g. "hack/scripts/unassign-beds.lua"), then run "unassign-beds" in the DFHack console.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 26, 2014, 03:58:24 pm »

Assignment is slightly more difficult and I'm not sure about how to go about it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 26, 2014, 04:00:11 pm »

I'd killmaim for a command in DFhack that would unassign the beds in all bedrooms, and a second command to distribute all unassigned beds to dwarves without a room of their own... because after 200+ dwarves and the auto room assignments, I always end up with some random schlubs owning 2-3 bedrooms and robbing their kin of a decent sleep at night. Mostly because I don't know if babies and kids need their own bed assignments or not. :D
Dwarves shouldn't be claiming multiple bedrooms (unless they're married, in which case they should only own one room, while the other is owned by their spouse).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 26, 2014, 10:28:39 pm »

Would it be feasible to make a way to add space to an existing stockpile? Either drawing new areas onto a pile, or merging two piles into one, would be quite handy.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 27, 2014, 08:56:50 am »

It should be possible to adjust the stockpile's coordinates, although I'm not sure if that would trigger new hauling jobs. In the meantime, to increase a stockpile's size, you can designate a new stockpile next to an existing one and use "copystock" to copy over the old stockpile's settings.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 29, 2014, 02:49:00 am »

Here's one: could you disband squads remotely, without using the military screen?

This is mainly to sidestep the bug where if a squad-leading/commanding noble gets [REPLACED_BY] a higher ranked one, the commander is kicked out of the squad, making it disappear from the military screen. You can still order the remaining squaddies around, but you can't adjust their equipment or anything and the empty squad will stay in the list forever.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 29, 2014, 03:30:50 am »

A dfhack script for use with soundsense in adventure mode.  Detects when the player enters the travel map, and detects what kind of place they leave the travel map to, as well as when the player is in the local map and transitions to a diffrent kind of area.  Once it detects such a transition, it writes a line to the gamelog so soundsense triggers can detect it, and the player can customize the music.

Such as "You are now on the travel map" or "You have entered the human town of happyshopping" or "You have entered the dark goblin fortress of Alespit" or "You have entered the territory belonging to the abandoned dwarven fortress of Boatmurdered."

Not a complete list, and I'm not actually sure if DFHack can detect that kind of thing, but I can dream I guess.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 04, 2014, 01:06:32 am »

I haven't read any of the thread and honestly am not even fully fluent in all DFhack's tricks and functions, so.. Is it possible to make a command that gathers ALL items of a type and moves them to the cursor location? I'd like this for sorting out low-quality stuff and other junk for specific atom-smashing..

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 04, 2014, 06:55:03 am »

I haven't read any of the thread and honestly am not even fully fluent in all DFhack's tricks and functions, so.. Is it possible to make a command that gathers ALL items of a type and moves them to the cursor location?
It sounds like what you want is a filter for autodump.
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack#autodump

e.g. autodump damaged
damaged : select only items with one or more levels of damage.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I've just had an idea for a dfhack script.

idlepause [%] [n]
% of dwarves (default 50%)
n ticks (default 50 ticks)

Automatically pauses the game when % or more of the dwarves are idle. On manual un-pause, remains unpaused for next n ticks regardless of idle numbers.

Basically my idea is that if you have all your dwarves set to do some big task and leave DF running it will pause automatically when they have finished.
()==[:::::::::::::>
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 61