Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 818587 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3781 on: February 19, 2015, 02:09:35 pm »

You, Captain McClellan, sir.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: February 19, 2015, 02:18:10 pm »

You, Captain McClellan, sir.
Thank you. ( * restraining excitement at being nominated in order to maintain a false dignity. * )

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: February 20, 2015, 04:10:54 am »

Heh, you have every right to be exited. Slaughterhiem awaits!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: February 20, 2015, 07:32:51 am »

Heh, you have every right to be exited. Slaughterhiem awaits!
Mmm, yeah. I'm still playing  MurderMachines. To be honest though, I've lost track of what's what. We've had two deaths so far: A Berserking child and a woodcutter who met a mysterious and unfortunate end in the caverns. ( I'm a bit worried about that... ) However, it seems like I'm making progress. I wanted to ask thoiugh, may I use DFHack's autodump and a few other commands to try and raise the framerate? ( It's not the worst I've ever played, about 35-40 FPS, but it could be better. )

( Does the Dwarven language have a word for "heim"? )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: February 20, 2015, 08:31:21 am »

Dude, you can't be more DFhack-happy than I was. I used fastdwarf constantly when there weren't sieges, and autodump a lot too. THERE MUST BE ORDER!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: February 20, 2015, 08:33:03 am »

Dude, you can't be more DFhack-happy than I was. I used fastdwarf constantly when there weren't sieges, and autodump a lot too. THERE MUST BE ORDER!
Indeed there must! Alright then, now that I have permission, I suspect things are going to go smoother. One question for everyone though, what were your big projects here?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: February 20, 2015, 09:21:33 am »

Smelting and melting. I'm the reason we have over a thousand steel bars. I'm also the reason we have several legendary furnace operators and a metal bar quantum stockpile.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: February 20, 2015, 10:32:56 am »

Smelting and melting. I'm the reason we have over a thousand steel bars. I'm also the reason we have several legendary furnace operators and a metal bar quantum stockpile.
Well I thank you for that, but you know what I just discovered today? Out of damn near twenty overseers, not one thought to build a millstone. And with that, I'm about to post the mid-spring update! :D

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: February 20, 2015, 10:46:56 am »

Note: Due to a tiny bug in how the date display works, the first month reads as 00 instead of 01, keep that in mind when reading dates. ( 02 is the third month, Felsite, etc. )

To start things off, we have some sad news...

Followed by some excitement!
Spoiler: Yeah. (click to show/hide)

274/01/09 - It rains.
In other news, why was a Stray Water Buffalo inside the fort and is it to late to butcher it? Probably. Off to the dump with you.
274/01/26 - Today I utilized my awesome power! To clean up after the Void-Wraith squad. There is was a considerable amount of pesky goblin skeletons on our front lawn.

Not to worry though, I got rid of just the skeletons and left the valuables. Valuables I hope to sell to elves for food, salve, and booze.
Spoiler: FINALLY! (click to show/hide)
Now, to help counter the inherent entropy and rot, I'm going to clean out the sealed room of its excess corpses. ( Goblins, kobolds, trolls, and voidspawn corpses only, I don't
want to risk not having a Dwarven body around when its owner comes demanding a proper burial. Okay, that's done. Now to clean up any corpses left strewn about the fort. ( Again, excepting dwarves themselves. ) I'll leave the caverns alone, even though they're probably the worst offenders, because they deserve to be wild.

Tholtig Shigosmorul, a dwarven child, has been found dead... Don't rightly know what to do about that.

!!! Wlerin has been struck down! Alright, time to see what the f*** is down in those depths. Aha! Should've known. It's a bluddy Troglodyte.

May I just say that I hate Troglodytes? Ah well... The Voidspawn are kind of far, and it looks as though those down in that cavern might well be facing death anyway, so I'll send the nearest available squad and make an impromptu one out of nearby dwarves. It's far better than simply letting them be picked off one-by-one.I've sent Fungin and an Ezum Sazirgan, after the little bug. And... It's dead! I really wish that I had known it was only a Troglodyte, I would've had it done away with before it had the opportunity to cause this much trouble. Three dwarves dead, a pity. Due to my quick assignment of Ezum Sazirgan to the Peacekeeper squad, he has become Captain of the Guard by default. As he survived and this was ever my position here, I shall take him as my dwarvenly host and dub him Ringo, the Sheriff. To him I give that in accordance to what my position deserves. Already he is equipped with Langgudked, a slade war hammer. This is quite nice, but then, how is it that he came by such a hammer as surely once belonged to AnimaRytak himself? I cannot say, but I shan't make him part with it, in hopes that he will be an effective Captain. ( Coincidentally, why are there no blue capes for my Peacekeeping squad!? This is unacceptable and I shall rectify it immediately. ) I have also assigned that a bed be built inside my office while the mandate goes out for blue capes and tunics. ( We still will need a militia commander and a bookkeeper. I'll just assign those to the best skilled. Congratulations Lurker on becoming our Bookkeeper. )

Meta, OOC note: How do we not have a Millstone or a Quern yet? What is the BATTERY doing if it's not powering anything? But no, srsly, I've got big plans for that thing later.

First things first, dealing with making sure my secret police noble keepers of the peace are properly outfitted: That means getting milling going.

274/01/27 Damn it. Another murderous, child-killing Troglodyte. Ugh... Stop killing my future workforce, you stupid overgrown insects!!! Sakzul Rakustegul, Dwarven child has been struck down. ( Second Meta, OOC note: The fort seems to be stabilizing at around 50 FPS now. ) Sending the Peacekeepers after the child-killer and the Void-Wraiths after the other Troglodytes. I'm not going to let them kill the fort.

Dead.

( Meta, OOC: Question: Anyway to stop "Created a Masterpiece" spam? I love Josh the Hawk to death as our amazing historian/engraver, but 40 messages in a row is quite enough. )

274/02/09:

o.o I didn't know that could happen.

274/02/10: :o

Alright, we could get yet another artifact~! :D

Edem has claimed a gem workshop... Let's see if we can exploit this to get an epic artifact. ( My guess is "yes." )

274/02/11 Deduk Katthirathel has been put to rest.

274/02/12 An elven caravan has arrived.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: February 20, 2015, 10:51:46 am »

DAMMIT WHY AM I DEAD AGAIN

I WAS A LEGENDARY FURNACE OPERATOR

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: February 20, 2015, 12:28:01 pm »

DAMMIT WHY AM I DEAD AGAIN

I WAS A LEGENDARY FURNACE OPERATOR
No idea... Are you dead? I don't remember reporting/witnessing your death. I can't actually check until later, but that's that.

Also, if I had to guess: It's because you were a legendary furnace operator. In my experience, in any fort utilizing magma forges, furnace operators are somehow the first to go. Even so, you will be missed.

And since I forgot earlier:
THE NOMINEES FOR STARTING THE NEXT FORT ARE:
  • Shaggard
  • TheFlame52
  • peregarrett
  • myself

One more nominee and we can start the voting.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: February 20, 2015, 03:04:25 pm »

I nominate Kefka!  8)
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: February 20, 2015, 03:16:34 pm »

I nominate Kefka!  8)
Yes!

We now have 5 nominees!

Let the voting commence!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148661.0

( Rules are simple and on the poll, only one vote per user. If AnimaRytak comes forward and says he wants to run before the poll expires, he will be added to the list and given 10 votes. Otherwise, no new nominees. )

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: February 22, 2015, 06:33:20 am »

274/02/09:

o.o I didn't know that could happen.
How has this happened twice?

Also, yay, new fort time!
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 272