Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38

Author Topic: Welcome to Gelduzmorn: Mercenary Slaves and One Highly Agressive Bob  (Read 23551 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Gelduzmorn: Free at Last!
« Reply #240 on: January 07, 2013, 04:20:58 pm »

Sam looks around the throne room and after a moment, gives a halfhearted bow at the queen(assuming she's there).
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 07, 2013, 04:29:07 pm »

The lady is there, sitting on an ornate throne made of silver, gold, and some sort of red metal. Its seat and back are padded with fabric that bears a checkerboard pattern of cyan and red. Various parts of the throne are decorated with brightly colored gems and the seat itself has an angular, curved feeling to it. The rug leading up to the throne is blue with lines of silver and red on the sides. Installed above the throne is silver-colored machinegun turret. The balconies to the sides of the throne lie very high up and the black metal railing that lines the edges is sufficient cover for ranged combatants, due to the green field of energy filling its gaps. A red stain lies on the silver and gold-tiled floor where the lady fought the guard.

Two guards stand next to the throne, and instead of the functioning-circular-sawblades-mounted-on-poles that the previous guards weilded, they hold a pilum of the same silvery-red metal mentioned multiple times before. The spearheads rapidly jut back and forth like a jackhammer. In their upper arms are two large heater shields bearing the images of a raptor-like animal and two trees covered in ivy. Eight or so guards patrol the balconies weilding a rifle designed to fire some sort of incendiary bullet, if the firey coloration is any indication. What's visible externally of the guard's uniforms consists of a helmet like that of a crusader's with holes for the horns and a clear screen for the eyes to see well out of, body armor that looks to be a combination of kevlar and chainmail with the colors red and cyan dyed on, gloves fit for modern combat in the color of black, leggings similar to the body armor, and black steel-toed boots.

The lady herself has snow-white skin and long, bright red hair. She holds a silvery maul with red gems placed with higher density the closer they are to a contact area to simulate blood. It rests in her lap. She sits very casually in the throne, even slouching a bit. Her right eye is dark green and her left is a neon-like purple. She wears many articles of jewelry.

"<Hello.>"
Trollgirl looks at the lady.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:46:41 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 07, 2013, 04:35:55 pm »

Orichalcum is... as unemotional as usual, though perhaps some part of him/her is impressed with all this on the inside. It IS rather impressive, after all.

"<Hello. Perhaps you might speak English, for the benefit of those of us who do not speak Kest?>"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:47:33 pm by Twi »

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2013, 05:06:21 pm »

Sam looks around, thinking to himself about how gaudy it all is. "<Greetings. Oh, I have to echo the request of Orichalcum, it would be preferable if you would speak English.>"
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2013, 05:16:29 pm »

<Hey! Hey! Noble Lady! Sorry if this is a bit rude, i don't have a gun to point at anybody. Now, could you give me an idea of why i was arrested?... Oh yeah, and why these other weirdos were with me too?>
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:19:14 pm by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2013, 06:09:00 pm »

The lady ddawns a confused look at the word kest, but then understands what Orichalcum meant. (("Kest" means "bee" is Kestvoshorik.))
"Yeah, I can speak English. I don't like the language, tho. And you wer thrown in jail cause you trespassed on someone else's land and you didn't really have the papers you needed. That's dealt with, though. Anyways, my name's Viilaerze Kroeleuket. You're gonna have to work for me for about a month."
My tumblr.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2013, 06:16:25 pm »

((Assume Ori forgot that. :P))

"Well, I am not too good at Kestvoshorik myself. My memory doesn't really help.

...Speaking of which, I have a request...well, a bit strong for a request, but regardless. I need some of my things back. Both for practical and sentimental reasons. I would not mind if you looked through them first, but there are days I can't even remember my own name without reading it on my bag.
"

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 07, 2013, 06:19:42 pm »

"Just saying, i think you're being very inefficient with your weapons. I mean, a jackhammer blade looks cool but it doesn't do as much damage as the chainspears. Also, incendiary rounds are all well and good, but if there is a fight in here and they start shooting, it's going to kill your guards and possibly civilians in the area. Thirdly, the minigun on your throne is an obvious target, why not place it somewhere with a clear shot at the entire floor, but in a discreet area? Just seems very unprofessional."
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 07, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »

Michael was frankly relieved that she could speak English, because that was easier for him, but that just brought on more questions. At least she looked like conventional royalty... As conventional as royalty in space can be, anyway.

"Um, my lady, thank you for releasing us... That was very kind of you to do."

He then realized what she said about work.

"Er. Not that I'm unhappy, my lady, but uh... what work would that entail?"

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 07, 2013, 06:39:22 pm »

"First, what's a chainspear? Second,"
She yells for one of the guards to bring out a bunch of test dummies. The she orders one of the jackpilumers to deal with one of the dummies. The guard throws the weapon at the dummy, and the dummy is violently shook apart. Another fires the weapon like a gun at another one, ripping its head off. The outfit of the guards appears to have compartments for additional ammo. The first guard retrieves her spear, while the second reloads her gun.

"Third,"
She order one of the balcony guard to shoot a dummy. It bursts into flames like is expected. The the guard shoots at the carpet, and the carpet doesn't ignite. The guard shoots at Bob, and Bob doesn't ignite either.

"They're selective. Fourth, just try damaging the turret. It's a decoy. Made of a really, really light and brittle metal. The real turrets are hid. Anyways, you're gonna have to see the city guards about your stuff. I don't have it. As for you, sir, the work will be anything that comes to mind. Now. A little more about me. I am the owner of many of the businesses around here, including Viseut Weapons and Armor. I can equip you well should it come to that. Now, what are your names?"
My tumblr.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 07, 2013, 06:45:03 pm »

Orichalcum ponders for a moment, then nods.

"Even so, I was told it would be returned to me in a month, and I doubt simply talking to them now would speed that up. On the other hand, you are clearly a woman of influence.

Now as for my name, Lady.... Lady.... ...d'oh. What were they again?
"

Yep, s/he forgot both his/her name and the lady's. S/he looks at everyone else, hoping to get the words filled in.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 07, 2013, 06:51:43 pm »

"Test dummies are limp, and more stress is placed upon it the flailing limbs as a result, as well as the fact the dummies material is no where near the same as flesh. Next, if you fire the tip and it is dodged you're vulnerable for the time it takes you to reload, and even a split second can be deadly. Also, can i get a gun? I've gone faaaaaar too long without some kind of weapon, in that jail i was gonna make a shank from hair, mucus, and ripped off fingernails if we hadn't been let out. Oh, also i need a weapon before you betray us, me specifically."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 07, 2013, 06:56:00 pm »

"Uh, it's Orichalcum and Lady Kroeleuket."

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 07, 2013, 06:57:17 pm »

"Speaking of names, what is the name of the devil spawn that has been harassing me since I got on this planet?"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 07, 2013, 06:59:01 pm »

Ori ignores Bob, but his/her faces lights up at Michael. S/he steps forward and bows.

"Yes, my lady, I am Orichalcum. "

...Well that was a neat effect. Didn't really do anything tho.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38