Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220773 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1365 on: January 21, 2013, 04:20:18 pm »

How the hell will our people eat with the scant things growing in the forest? Not everything develops fruit.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 21, 2013, 04:21:42 pm »

Spread plant life will be harder to defend and require more work to harvest, that's why agriculture was invented.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 21, 2013, 04:21:58 pm »

No no no, it's free will that produces mana. Corruptor said it himself. 1/100 of the equivalent of freewill and we get 1/100 from each firejacket.

And we're not shutting down firenectar trande completely - we can still sell refined products, like Fire Rum, or even your Firebombs. Which would be a great thing to sell indeed.

Also, Majorboon our alchemist with Chaos. Srsly. Why haven't we yet?

So, FireRum to the dwarves, Preists to Ceres, Raw Nectar to Aquitaine, chum with Krait, look into Maher for another ally. And screw that noise about no agriculture. We have plenty of fertile fields.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 21, 2013, 04:22:49 pm »

No no no, it's free will that produces mana. Corruptor said it himself. 1/100 of the equivalent of freewill and we get 1/100 from each firejacket.

And we're not shutting down firenectar trande completely - we can still sell refined products, like Fire Rum, or even your Firebombs. Which would be a great thing to sell indeed.

Also, Majorboon our alchemist with Chaos. Srsly. Why haven't we yet?

So, FireRum to the dwarves, Preists to Ceres, Raw Nectar to Aquitaine, chum with Krait, look into Maher for another ally. And screw that noise about no agriculture. We have plenty of fertile fields.
Corruptor said that mana requires free will and a soul.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 21, 2013, 04:29:10 pm »

How the fuck do we intend to start a proper civilization without agriculture, eh?
Pffff, I wrote that
Life boons, take the seed and rise on the spot. No need for fields. And gathering from chaotic forests

How the hell will our people eat with the scant things growing in the forest? Not everything develops fruit.
Modify the forest

Again, only creatures with souls can produce mana. Since we haven't gotten any firetracker souls, they don't have souls and thus sentience doesn't help.
That's why I suggest infusing souls from afterlife in some firejackets (not in all, failure may ruin the economy, but creating several hives with shared souls, while leaving half of the firejackets like they are)

And big no  to expanding the afterlife, now.Feast, tournament and caravan can't be skipped
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 21, 2013, 04:31:17 pm »

How the fuck do we intend to start a proper civilization without agriculture, eh?
Pffff, I wrote that
Life boons, take the seed and rise on the spot. No need for fields. And gathering from chaotic forests

Modify the forest

Again, only creatures with souls can produce mana. Since we haven't gotten any firetracker souls, they don't have souls and thus sentience doesn't help.
That's why I suggest infusing souls from afterlife in some firejackets (not in all, failure may ruin the economy, but creating several hives with shared souls, while leaving half of the firejackets like they are)

And big no  to expanding the afterlife, now.Feast, tournament and caravan can't be skipped
That sounds dangerously like large scale agriculture UkRa
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 21, 2013, 04:32:38 pm »

Several ideas:
One roleplayish:
I propose to ban organized agriculture, making our first divine law gathering wild melons should be enough to cover food needs, another obvious option is to use life boons to grow food on the spot from found wild plants ( Still think we should grant many minor life boons, 20 mana daily is a very minor cost) 
Why harm our citizens like that?

And we may bless the whole area, to make all local wild plants edible (or have edible parts)  eliminating the need for agriculture forever
Or we could, you know, let our citizens lives continue unhindered and save mana.

I really dislike the idea to accept the proposal of the goddess, we have many friends and economical partners, why hurt them? We have a road to Krait, we receive caravans from Urist, we trade with the city. And we know nothing about her to upgrade her economy that much
And chaos gods should support free trade, not some discriminatory deals.
The monopoly is only on firenector, correct? We can still sell flamerum to the dwarves and burning salves to Krait.

talk with souls! Search for ones with useful skill  that want to return to life, it's not hard to either create new human body for them or making firejackets at least barely sentient (Sentient firejackects may give somewhat fewer mana at first, but they multiply. Fast! If one firejacket will have minimal free will and generate 1\100 mana, eventually they'll generate hundreds of it)
No huge problems here, but I'm a bit doubtful on giving firejackets microsouls.

Pffff, I wrote that
Or...grow it all in one place. Cheaper for us, simpler for the humans, and doesn't require a big shift in professions.

Modify the forest
We can do that while retaining agriculture.

Well, not now, but we should soon. It's crowded.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 21, 2013, 04:47:06 pm »

But roleplay! If our god decided that it's wrong to grow soldiers on the fields, than it's logical that agriculture is not chaotic way to treat life
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 21, 2013, 04:47:49 pm »

But roleplay! If our god decided that it's wrong to grow soldiers on the fields, than it's logical that agriculture is not chaotic way to treat life
Not wrong, just inefficient. Easier to let them grow anywhere.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 21, 2013, 04:51:35 pm »

Not wrong, just inefficient. Easier to let them grow anywhere.
Indeed. Also, we can't exactly plow new fields behind enemy lines...

(And by your logic, we should make as many new life forms as possible.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 21, 2013, 05:10:40 pm »

Who said that we need fields to grow 'em?  We just make them hardier, thus allowing us to to do it without fields.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 21, 2013, 05:11:04 pm »

Pffff, I wrote that

Modify the forest

No to banning agriculture, no to giving (read:wasting) souls on firejackets and other creations. Corruptor has already said we cant get mana that way.

and finally, we NEED to expand the afterlife as soon as is convenient.

I do agree that enabling Saps/Stems etc to grow anywhere (which links in with being hardier). I also would like the number of seeds to be increased to at least 20 per stem/sap and a reduction of gestation period to only 2-3 days.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 21, 2013, 05:13:13 pm »

Pffff, I wrote that

Modify the forest

No to banning agriculture, no to giving (read:wasting) souls on firejackets and other creations. Corruptor has already said we cant get mana that way.

I do agree that enabling Saps/Stems etc to grow anywhere (which links in with being hardier). I also would like the number of seeds to be increased to at least 20 per stem/sap and a reduction of gestation period to only 2-3 days.
+1

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 21, 2013, 05:13:40 pm »

Pffff, I wrote that

Modify the forest

I suppose that'll do for now, so +1

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 21, 2013, 05:24:03 pm »

Can we even increase the number of seeds they make? Our output has increased, and we don't want stems to be an invasive species(get it?) yet. If all our blue melons and blood melons start dying from lackof nutrients, or flowers stop and so our fire jackets can't make their nectar...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 130