Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221060 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #870 on: January 19, 2013, 12:29:06 pm »

If we create anything tomorrow, here's what we need to make. Miners. We need to make them because with what happened to the surveyor, I doubt Uristiel would remin our friend for long if his miners were the ones collecting it. Dwarves are greedy, after all. Plus, moles that auto-smelt the metal for us is better than people who can trip up, have to bring it to the surface to be smelted, and won't find everything. Plus, gas would kill them...there's a reason miners brought canaries.
I say +1 to fiery smelter moles of digging ore!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 19, 2013, 01:05:17 pm »

what we need is mining knowledge, foremen to oversee our own mining efforts.

How about instead of moles we'd go for burrowing beetles? in an attempt to try and keep a little more focussed theme?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 19, 2013, 01:07:57 pm »

Why focused, we are a god of chaos,

I say tally votes for a burrowing animal?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 19, 2013, 01:20:43 pm »

Guys, you know that such a wonderful things as shovels do exist in this world? Villagers can dig pits just fine, no need for new creatures for such a minor task.
And mining, we have no foremen, so it's pointless to make creatures.  Brainless mining will cause collapses and other unpleasant things

And LOL scouts... Krait has ideal scouts! No need to make our own.

As promised - Big no to the new creatures.. (Did Rolepgeek suggested anything but new creatures? )  I much prefer to save mana for the castle, 300 is a minimum we should invest, no one said that we can't invest more to add some features

Oh, and don't you see a potential of finding the afterlife of the former God? That's souls! Some may be very-very useful. And that's always a mana source

Werewolf worshipers can improve our standings too ( I think making Ravenloft semi-independent with Laksus as a ruler is a good option)

and feast preparation, it's not great that our friend does much more for that

And the last - our chaos is not a diversity, our chaos is a change
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:29:15 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 19, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »

We shouldn't be dependant on Krait. Relying on him to make life a bit easier is alright, but relying on him to be our eyes and ears in the world at large is silly. What if he turns on us? Dies? Is preoccupied? Incapable of contacting us for any other reason? We should have at least a few scouts.

That's why I suggested birds. 1 or 2 mana each and we could have a small flock of hawks or eagles or pidgeos or hummingbirds or whatever to go spy on distant lands. We have two towns left on our map we havn't looked at yet, and anyone from out-of-region is likely to pass through or by Ceres. We need to keep an eye on our neighbors without having to ask Krait to tell us/let us borrow his creatures.

Also, how does the economy work here? What can we do with silver? How much silver is in a Gold? how much Copper?

Could we maybe start importing stone blocks from Beardvomit and build ourselves a proper wall? The ring of roses is fine, and we could probably grow a palisade, but the roses aren't a proper defense and a Palisade would be relatively easily knocked down. We could hire some masons from Ceres if we have the coin.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 19, 2013, 02:00:58 pm »

...Really. We're not allowed to be diverse? Diverse is somehow a bad thing?

We don't need foremen! They're moles! They know how to dig instinctively.

And do we really want to rely on someone else's creatures, particularly a god of Chaos? They're remarkably unreliable, you know.

I say no to trying to find and steal souls from someone else's afterlife. We can't convert souls to mana anyway. Remember?

Finally, we should ask our villagers to pray for 20 minutes a day now, with the temple. Get some more mana up in here.

Why do you hate making things, Ranger? We're Life, Chaos, and Fire. Creation(Life+Chaos), Change(Fire+Life), and Destruction(Fire+Chaos). We should have our own custom ecosystem by now, really. Also, we should aim for a tropical theme. Because heat plus life. Plus it'll be cool to have Coconut Tree Turrets.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 19, 2013, 02:03:04 pm »

And do we really want to rely on someone else's creatures, particularly a god of Chaos? They're remarkably unreliable, you know.

I say no to trying to find and steal souls from someone else's afterlife. We can't convert souls to mana anyway. Remember?

Finally, we should ask our villagers to pray for 20 minutes a day now, with the temple. Get some more mana up in here.

Why do you hate making things, Ranger? We're Life, Chaos, and Fire. Creation(Life+Chaos), Change(Fire+Life), and Destruction(Fire+Chaos). We should have our own custom ecosystem by now, really. Also, we should aim for a tropical theme. Because heat plus life. Plus it'll be cool to have Coconut Tree Turrets.
or fiery carnivorous plants

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 19, 2013, 02:06:10 pm »

Big no to any new creatures. If you want scouts so badly, firejackets should do.

And I've been thinking of finding the dead god's afterlife too. If only to check on its state, if it even still exist, and potentially to reunite families. I mean, our afterlife is kind of empty, but people should take well that their ancestors will be sharing their afterlife.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 19, 2013, 02:10:28 pm »

Big no to any new creatures. If you want scouts so badly, firejackets should do.

And I've been thinking of finding the dead god's afterlife too. If only to check on its state, if it even still exist, and potentially to reunite families. I mean, our afterlife is kind of empty, but people should take well that their ancestors will be sharing their afterlife.
firejackets have the nasty habit of leaving behind fire nector, and are easily spotted

We could always use moles as spies, we could have a mole in every major city

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 19, 2013, 02:16:15 pm »

Could we maybe start importing stone blocks from Beardvomit and build ourselves a proper wall? The ring of roses is fine, and we could probably grow a palisade, but the roses aren't a proper defense and a Palisade would be relatively easily knocked down. We could hire some masons from Ceres if we have the coin.

I both like and am weary of this, I think hireing craftmen to work in our city could help spread the word about us and give new people a chance to convert to us (they'll be around and working on our awesome stuff)

but the spreading the word stuff also scares me a bit. then again we're a god, anonymity is prolly a bad thing for us ;)

setting up scheduals for our followers seems awefully orderly to me, I'd prefer our coercion of our followers to be kept at a minimum.

probably because everything we make is another thing that needs to be kept track of. if we create too much stuff, it could and eventually will make the game unmanageable and hard to follow,

also... the more unique things you make, the less uniqueness every unique thing is... unique :D.
making stuff is cool and all, I understand that, but we should use it sparingly and only for niches/areas that we really need filled.

a reason why I'm a fan of introducing a queen and subspecies to the firejackets is because its more depth for something we already have instead of introducing something entirely new to broaden what we have.

I do agree that eventually having our own brand of miners is a good idea though. perhaps just not now.

I'd be interested in this aswell, Not living gods afterlives, just specifically the god that ruled Minas Iroh before us.
is it even possible to find his afterlife? does an afterlife persist after the demise of a god? or is it broken down by the void? interesting stuff that I would love to find an answer to at some point.

although the feast preparations should probably take priority over this.

edit: on a related note, I'd also be interested in learning more about Agememnon, that elder god of chaos. I doubt we could and should do anything to save him. but still I'm intrigued about our predecessors.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:20:57 pm by Talvara »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 19, 2013, 02:24:09 pm »

Yes. Bad coordination between different kinds of troops, many different problems, unique to each kind of animal, ecology problems,  bookkeeping hell and most importantly lack of style

[sarcasm] Sure, animals know how to dig without collapsing the whole thing. Oh, and they are perfectly controllable and will not create problems by digging in wrong places [/sarcasm]

Little trade, to make his creatures ours is better option than making inferior spies

But we can
a) Put them in our afterlife to generate mana constantly
b) Return some folks with useful skills from the dead
c) Use souls in many kinds of rituals

Finally, we should ask our villagers to pray for 20 minutes a day now, with the temple. Get some more mana up  in here.
They do that already. For a long, long time

Why do you hate making things, Ranger?
Because there are many better uses for Mana. Because It's boring to - make new creatures\make new creatures\make new creatures, because new creatures will create problems sooner or later, one bad roll and we have a huge ecological problem

Creation(Life+Chaos),
It's evolution, not creation. Chaos doesn't create, it changes

We should have our own custom ecosystem by now, really.
No we shouldn't, that will mess with neighbors. You can't confine your creations in your land. You will pollute others lands getting more enemies. Something we don't need
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 19, 2013, 02:27:09 pm »

I thought it was ten minutes a day of praying?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 19, 2013, 02:28:58 pm »

Evolve like fifty firejackets. Is that acceptable?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 19, 2013, 02:33:42 pm »

Mana Income: 70 + 70(Prayer) + 70(Temple)
First one is default, then 70 for the first 10 minutes, then for the next 10 minutes.
We may consider upgrading our temple after the feast

Evolving firejackets in what?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 19, 2013, 02:55:54 pm »

I think we have the basis. Starting from now, NO NEW CREATURES. I stress that. Subspecies, as long as they are not a pain to track (like firejacket queens/scouts), are cool.

So yes to modified firejackets. GM should only track the species as a whole as they are not that different.
Saps and Stems are also basically the same thing, just one bigger than the other. So if it ever get out of hand he could count them as a whole too, providing the proportions stay somewhat constant.

By the same principle, moles are a no.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 130