Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221057 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #855 on: January 19, 2013, 01:58:50 am »

Krait snorted. "Arrogant little prats. They know full well it took four Gods of Order to bring down Gorathsheo, and six to finally drive Sithis into hiding. Same story for all the others, really - Order was weaker individually, but united by common purpose they caught us by surprise."

Heh. Ehehe. Ahaha. BWAHAHAHAHA. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:33:12 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 19, 2013, 02:03:54 am »

My Plan
1) Fly to Urist together with 2 dragons and 200 firejackets, provide fire support, spend at most 47 mana on the battle
2) try to convert as many surviving orcs and goblins as we can ( Fortress will need garrison after all)
3) Ask god of dwarves to build the fortress
4) Return home and spend 250 mana (+mana we got from new worshipers, if any)  to raise the tree
5) Next day, with fresh income go and raise the fortress into the air (we'll have exactly 300 mana)
Further improvements to fortress can be done later, as for propulsion - towed by dragons  for now.
+1 to this plan

I think my + Makes this a +4

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 19, 2013, 02:24:32 am »

My Plan
1) Fly to Urist together with 2 dragons and 200 firejackets, provide fire support, spend at most 47 mana on the battle
2) try to convert as many surviving orcs and goblins as we can ( Fortress will need garrison after all)
4) Return home and spend 250 mana (+mana we got from new worshipers, if any)  to raise the tree
5) Next day, with fresh income go and raise the fortress into the air (we'll have exactly 300 mana)
Further improvements to fortress can be done later, as for propulsion - towed by dragons  for now.
+1 to this plan

I think my + Makes this a +4

Thiiiiiiis
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 19, 2013, 02:29:47 am »

My Plan
+1 to this plan
The construction probably wont be instantaneous... But +1 anyway.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 19, 2013, 02:31:58 am »

My Plan
+1 to this plan
The construction probably wont be instantaneous... But +1 anyway.

Another +1
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 19, 2013, 02:32:42 am »

We need a way to focus the magical energy of manarack into producing fire. From this, we could produce energy, maybe even steam power.

Also, +1 to the stuff about 10 people just +1'd
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 19, 2013, 02:44:12 am »

We need a way to focus the magical energy of manarack into producing fire. From this, we could produce energy, maybe even steam power.

Also, +1 to the stuff about 10 people just +1'd
You just made me thought! Chaos boon to the alchemist, we need him to work on some things... Maybe with Uristiel's collaboration...

A kind of metal/cristal with different properties to exploit Manarack's ones. It's something we should only do AFTER the fortress and siege + feast and averything.

Something able to turn Manarack raw mana output into anything we decided. Like, the runes engraved on it say "fire", it turn raw mana into fire, and if it's written water, it turn into water. Something like that. And it can react to input (light of a given intensity focused on a predetermined spot, electricity, pressure...) by changing its output. So we can have programmable magic objects.
Then connect them together.
You see were I'm going, dont you? ;D

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

G D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 19, 2013, 04:22:52 am »

You just made me thought! Chaos boon to the alchemist, we need him to work on some things... Maybe with Uristiel's collaboration...

A kind of metal/cristal with different properties to exploit Manarack's ones. It's something we should only do AFTER the fortress and siege + feast and averything.

Something able to turn Manarack raw mana output into anything we decided. Like, the runes engraved on it say "fire", it turn raw mana into fire, and if it's written water, it turn into water. Something like that. And it can react to input (light of a given intensity focused on a predetermined spot, electricity, pressure...) by changing its output. So we can have programmable magic objects.
Then connect them together.
+1 to mana grid

Not sure about magical computers, because Donut is chaos god - so this is a bit OOC for him.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 19, 2013, 04:28:28 am »

It'd run like a Windows, what's the problem?

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 19, 2013, 05:12:32 am »

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. But that fortress better be big as hell, we ain't cheaping out on this bitch, we need to be pimpin'.

Ladies and gentledwarves, we have our mega-project.
My Plan
4) Return home and spend 250 mana (+mana we got from new worshipers, if any)  to raise the tree 
Further improvements to fortress can be done later, as for propulsion - towed by dragons  for now.
+1 to this plan

"The fortress will be raised," you promise Krait. 
"Excellent," he hissed. "I suppose in the meantime I should make more aerial troops - you have larger flying creatures than I, a God of Air - quite ashamed of myself."
With that, his presence flew off towards Minas Nurgle, muttering ideas to himself. 

You return home and swiftly make arrangements for the upcoming dwarven battle with the greenskins - they won't face the enemy alone.

Zooming your awareness back to the dwarven settlement, you look beyond the walls and estimate there to be around four thousand enemy soldiers remaining, a quarter of which are goblins. None of them however look healthy, their thinness more starved than lean. You note with satisfaction the piles of ashes scattered throughout their camps - they apparently had to resort to burning out the spore-infected within their ranks.

And then the dwarven gates burst open, five hundred drunken dwarves charging out led by a line of golems making up the front rank - with the adamantium golem front and center, gleaming in the waning sunlight. The orcs and goblins howled, drawing steel and eagerly running to engage the hated enemy on even ground. As the two armies met however, the ground proved to be anything but even. Rocks rose to trip an orc about to cleave a dwarf in two, a sinkhole opened to trap a goblin's foot - hundreds of little bursts of Earth magic, but collectively they stole the momentum from the greenskin charge, giving the initial upper hand to the dwaves.

Dwarven axes and hammers split orc skulls, crossbow volleys tore platoons of goblins to bloody shreds, but sheer weight of numbers slowly but surely began to turn the tide of the battle back towards the greenskin horde. 

"Damnit Laksus," you mutter to yourself. "You'd better make your move soon."
The adamantium golem was now isolated from the dwarven ranks, cut off by an ocean of green, but as the enemy vainly attempted to do any significant damage to it, it continued it's rampage with tireless precision. As you watch though, an arrow plunged towards it, sheathed in Water magic, and to your surprise sank an inch into the golem's chest. Enchanted arrows - your attention swings about to see where it had come from, and see an entire platoon of goblin archers notching more of the water-arrows to their bows, all aiming at the adamantium golem. 

The platoon leader slashes his arm downward, the signal to fire - and half a dozen razor-sharp spines fly promptly into his back. A heartbeat later, as the spines detonated and enveloped the entire platoon of archers in a shockwave of flame, Laksus leapt to the crude fortification where the orc shaman was overseeing the battle and slashed a claw across his throat. 
As the orc shaman slumped to the ground, his last words a panicked gurgle, the fungus spawn emerged from the treeline in a nightmarish horde, shambling towards the rear of the enemy.

Just as the rear of the greenskin army whirled to face the new threat, two enormous scaled beasts dropped from the skies, torrents of flame and chaos belching from their jaws as they strafed the orc ranks.
"Dragons!" a goblin shaman screamed, and levelled a staff at the nearest one. A white-hot fireball erupted from the tip of it, and hurtled towards Brunikaar's head - before a swarm of firejackets leapt on the fireball like dwarves on a keg of ale. Suffice to say, there wasn't much heat left by the time the strike hit Brunikaar. Brunikaar blinked his eyes in minor annoyance, swung his head about to face the goblin shaman - and a torrent of Chaos burst from his maw to envelop the shaman. The shaman screamed, tearing at his own body as eyes and tendrils sprouted haphazardly across his body, and his left arm sprouted teeth a moment before tearing off his own head. The goblin's corpse slumped to the ground, even as the left arm, now a writhing mass of teeth and tentacles, leapt onto a nearby goblin and began devouring chunks of flesh. 

To complete the disaster, Tiberius swept out of the sky, annihilating a line of orcs with a burst of flame from his right arm. Thorn-vines erupted from his left arm, and he charged straight into the greenskin horde without hesistation. 

Surprisingly, no call for retreat came from the greenskins - they fought on, though you suspect this had more to do with stupidity than courage. Their ranks shattered, the battle began drawing to it's inevitable concusion as the survivors died or transformed into more fungus spawn.

"Ach," the voice of Uristiel said beside you, sounding tired but satisfied. "I don't say this often but I'm impressed laddie. Still, yer forces are a mite - er, terrifying at times. 'specially the writhing parts." 
"Thanks," you reply wryly. "That adamantium golem is quite impressive as well."
"Took years o' mining and then forging," Uristiel replied modestly. "So, about yer trading proposal - give us a'few days ter clean up this mess and send off our dead properly, and then the Halls o' Beard-Vomit be open fer business again."

He paused for a moment, as if considering something. "And I'll jus' come out and say it - I owe ye. Ye need anything, jus' name it - within reason o'course."
"Well," you say innocently. "I have plans for a castle - but metal craftsmanship really isn't my forte. Build me it, and I'll keep your harvests plentiful for the next month."
Uristiel burst out laughing. "A castle! - tha be skirting tha edge o' reason, but I'll do it laddie, it's a deal."

You check up on your forces, and see that you only lost 14 firejackets to enemy arrow fire - and gained a whopping four hundred fungus spawn. Tiberius and the dragons look almost completely unharmed, while Laksus looks merely depressed that all the enemies were gone.
"Well done," you tell them. "Tiberius, I would appreciate it if you would lead the fungus spawn to our forest - I have need of Laksus elsewhere."
"It's no problem," he assures you.

The dragons take to the sky as Tiberius leads the march home. Laksus turns and asks, "So, what's my next mission?"
"To clean up the mess you made of Ravenholt," you growl.
You explain what happened, and Laksus lets out a low whistle.
"So you think they'll listen to me?" he asked, his tone skeptical.
"It's worth attempting," you reply. "So I don't want you to charge in for the slaughter until you've tried that."
"Understood," he said, inclining his head and starting off towards Ravenholt.

When you arrive back at Minas Iroh, the next batch of Stems had been harvested and the trade caravan has returned, bringing with it six migrants - two of them brewers.
Ustan meets with you privately and you find out that they made 3742 Silver this trip, 400 of which went towards expenses. You give Ustan 500 for his hard work, Azula 300, and spend 400 paying the carpenter, blacksmith, and tailor for various jobs. 2142 Silver is left over, to use however you want.

Ustan is particularly pleased to hear that trade with the dwarves will be opening up soon, and wastes no time hiring the migant brewers to start making fire-nector rum. 

The alchemist is still waiting for your approval to start making fire-nector bombs.

As the migrants mingle with the villagers and introduce themselves, you figure it's the perfect time for a certain miracle you've been planning. Reaching for Fire and Life, you pour the two energies into the center of town, where a rather withered oak tree stands. You slam more mana into the spell, and the tree begins to glow, growing and catching fire without burning as it rises upwards. The growth continues, until the tree of fire blazes taller than even the mushroom-towers, casting a warm light on the entire village.

For the final step, you reach across the veil to your afterlife, and manage to connect the tree of flame there with the new one in the material world, forging a connection through which the souls in your afterlife can speak through to the mortal villagers, and vice versa.

The tree of flame emits a constant aura of Life and Fire, which will make it more difficult for other Gods to use Death or Frost magic on the village.
(1d20 : 11 + LifeSkill(4) + FireSkill(3) = 18, Fire Skill has increased!)
-250 Mana

Awed by the display, 3 of the 6 migrants convert immediately.
+9 Mana
+3 Worshippers

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:25:52 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 19, 2013, 06:29:09 am »

Save mana for now(for the castle), but the fire-nector bombs need a storage place like a reinforced hollow tree.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 19, 2013, 06:49:14 am »

If we have nothing else to do, I suggest to ask priest about afterlife of the former God. We may attempt to find this place and then decide what to do with it

Another option is to go to Ravenloft and oversee Laksus efforts

As for Fire nectar I propose:
20% Healing\Eating\Stockpiling
40% Trade raw
20% Brew
20% fire bombs
Idea how to store the bombs
Rememeber rule #1 - do not store explosives in one place. I think simple dug out pits are the best  option. for that. Such pits can be used as remote controlled mines, too. It should be a minor effort to blow them up, when it's needed ( one fiejacket can do that, or minor spell from us)  . Making manaeffective defensive weapon that we can fill our forest with... it shouldn't be hard to camouflage such pits in the forest )
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 19, 2013, 11:55:08 am »

Meanwhile, we should spend a minor bit of mana to modify some local birds into scouts, then set one to roost in Ceres, where the Order Army will have to at least come within sightline of for supplies and war acessories. Another should be sent eastward, to the small town and elven retreat. We can do some recon before our meet and greet. I doubt any major gods in the area are going to even notice a pidgeon with a mana or two invested in it to link its eyesight to ours.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 19, 2013, 12:04:53 pm »

We have something like 40-odd mana to spend. If we're going to store them in pits, let's do this:

Dig holes in strategic places to put the firenectar bombs. We then start filling them with firenectar bombs. We cover the pits with some of the vinewall we have, but modify the thorns to look like grass and make the vines themselves patchy to look like dirt. The vines part for worshipper's hands but no one else's. It's a very minor mana cost for a hole or two, and that's all we need to start.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 19, 2013, 12:16:49 pm »

If we create anything tomorrow, here's what we need to make. Miners. We need to make them because with what happened to the surveyor, I doubt Uristiel would remin our friend for long if his miners were the ones collecting it. Dwarves are greedy, after all. Plus, moles that auto-smelt the metal for us is better than people who can trip up, have to bring it to the surface to be smelted, and won't find everything. Plus, gas would kill them...there's a reason miners brought canaries.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 130