Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221050 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #375 on: January 10, 2013, 03:12:03 pm »

And if (s)he spots you, engage in amiable discussion and generally be a nice neighbour.
We going to need allies at some point so this is what our opening behaviors should be.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 10, 2013, 03:18:24 pm »

Yes, overflooding the world with various creatures is a way to get trouble

Simple crop for our  worshiper is one thing, but more soldiers is another.

We have a nice army already, and should focus on economics\diplomacy
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 10, 2013, 04:26:06 pm »

How about a rather simple crop? Something like Rice, but with a higher nutrition value and faster growing times. That should be simple enough for just our life magic to create. Shouldn't cost much mana either.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 10, 2013, 05:10:50 pm »

We have a nice army already, and should focus on economics\diplomacy
What army?
We've got a bunch of peasants. Maybe a few elephants worth of firejackets, a defensive wall, an immobile death forest, and two powerful leftenants. While that's good and all, firejackets aren't exactly tough, peasants are our power base(they die=we die), and the forest and wall can't attack, and are susceptible to death and fire magic, at the minimum. The leftenants can't be everywhere at once, and even they can be defeated.
We need something simple that can at the very least go 'oogabooga!' to any sneaky kids who get on our lawn. Plant Soldiers(possibly with weapons grafted to them?) are a great first step. Hell, even if they can only get a 1:2 k/d on the undead, it's easier to grow troops than to dig up graves for them. That said, we could make a plant to 'animate' the various bones laying around this place after the battle we had. Like an octopus moving a puppet.
Anyway, super-crops should be our next step, but take place before the soldiers.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 10, 2013, 05:11:55 pm »

Like I said, a plant in which all parts are edible and grows in a month and grows year-round so long you can break the soil. It's Manna.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 10, 2013, 05:20:09 pm »

Who said our chaos trees are immobile?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 10, 2013, 05:50:27 pm »

Like I said, a plant in which all parts are edible and grows in a month and grows year-round so long you can break the soil. It's Manna.
Grow this, and some animate plants. Maybe something like D&D's assassin vines, tendrilici, and/or shambling mounds. They shouldn't be shock troops, just numerous and capable of scaring off enemies who aren't determined, plus raising alarms caused by stealthy armies. Out of the aforementioned role models, assassin vines seem best if we're looking for dealing with stealthy enemies (they can grow nice and low and look like normal vines), tendrulici are the best combatants, and shambling mounds probably offer the best scare-per-mana.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 10, 2013, 06:33:06 pm »

An excellent body. He still owes us an explanation as to Maher's plans and or forces.
Anyway, I suggest we GM some new crops for the people; give them seeds for some super crops they can grow, plus some plant soldiers in the fallow field.
Then we should see what/where the nearest other village is(that isn't Maher's), and consider adding it to our collection.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Now then," you say to Laksus. "I believe you have some information for me."

"Gladly," Laksus said, his eyes gleaming. "This new body is fantastic, the human form will be perfect for infiltration, the beast form ready at a moment's notice for slaught-" "
"Focus," you interrupt, but with amusement in your voice. "We can discuss such strategy and uses for you later - for now, I'm rather anxious to learn about Maher's forces."

Laksus nodded. "Right. He has roughly two dozen villages under his control, as well as a large city called 'Maherport'"
"Not exactly a humble name, is it," you mutter.
"Humble isn't in his vocabulary," Laksus agreed with a smirk.

"That's quite an empire," you murmur. "And what of his forces?"
"Legions of vampires, dozens of liches, hundreds of boon-empowered clerics, a few dracoliches, and imnumerable skeletons and zombies," Laksus replied calmly.
"Last I heard, he was also working on a Bone Golem the size of your average mountain."
"Ah..." you reply. "That's a tad worrysome."

---Meanwhile...---

Thirteen figures sat around a square table embroidered with lightning runes and skulls.

The figure at the head of the table, shrouded completely in black hooded robes, announced sadly, "I expect that dear Laksus will have betrayed us by now, such a pity."

The figure immediately to his right, a tall skeletal lich with blazing yellow orbs where his eyes had been, responded cautiously, "But my Lord, now that they know of our plans..."

The shrouded figure wraggled one finger in rebuke. "Ahhh, but you see Hastur, that is the plan. Now that they know our plan, they will plan around our plan. So we will in turn plan around the plan that they plan around our plan!"

"Your brilliance knows no bounds," the Lich replied.

------------------

You decide to check up on your merchant expedition, and quickly home in on Eldrick and Azula.

As you zoom your awareness to the spot, you see Eldrick and Azula standing by the merchant wagon, expressions of weary caution on their faces as Ustan attempts to fend off a crowd of Ceres citizens trying to buy up the remaining fire-nector stock.
"Sorry folks," he said cheerfully, "The price is one hundred silver for a barrel, there's only two left!"

You send your voice to Azula and Eldrick. "Things have gone well, I take it?"
They both glance upward, and Azula replies with a grin, "A few bandits and then orcs tried to ambush us on the road, but nothing that a little fire couldn't handle."

Eldrick nodded. "After we got here Ustan had to use an entire barrel for demonstrations before people were convinced that the healing properties of it wasn't a hoax, and then, well, you can see how word spread."

"Where is the substance produced?" a man in the robes of an alchemist called curiously from the crowd.
"Minas Iroh," Ustan roared in return. "Home of Donut, the new God with considerable more business sense than the other slackers I've had to put up with!"
He chuckled, and continued,
"God of Chaos, Fire, and Life - and let me tell you, we would have starved if it wasn't for that last one. Nasty business with a death God blighting the crops."

That produced significant murmuring, quite a few asking if Minas Iroh had room for immigrants, but the reaction that you most took notice of was a man in grey robes embroidered with threads of blue and black that turned and paced away swiftly, muttering under his breath, "A new God of Chaos? The masters must be told."

The remaining two barrels were swiftly sold, the last one going for the outrageous price of 150 silver, and Ustan let out a weary but satisfied sigh. "Well done," you murmur to him. "And I see that some have decided to make the journey back to Minas Iroh with you."
Ustan grinned."Aye, about a dozen - some of which have families." His expression soured a bit. "Which will slow us down on the journey back considerably," he grumbled. "But I figured you'd be happy about it."
"Indeed," you reply. "I am pleased."

I say we calm down and dont get overhead with bajizillions of variously useful creatures and plants. Scout nearby villages (minas nurgle and the like) to get a feel of what's there. Don't get stupid and make the local god angry. Just look. And if (s)he spots you, engage in amiable discussion and generally be a nice neighbour.

Returning your awareness to Minas Iroh, you decide to scout out another nearby village - Minas Nurgle. As you swiftly travel to it, the first thing you notice is a collossal statue of a winged snake, the coloring of it shifting from moment to moment.

"Well well," a voice whispers, and you sense a powerful presence near you. "Come to say hello to the neighbors? How nice."

"Hello," you greet him, cautiously. "Look at you," the presence laughed softly, circling you slowly. "Bursting at the seams with Chaotic potential. Seamless!" The presence bobbed up and down, and he chuckled. "But where are my manners? I am Krait, and you of course are the new God that all the locals are talking about, Donut."
"Pleasure to meet you," you reply diplomatically.
"Minas Iroh had a hopeless bore of a deity before you," Krait sighed. "Always scolding me. 'Do this, don't do that, why did you turn my turnips into snakes?' and other irrevalent blather. But you, I think I could do business with."

As you consider that, you both glow with an influx of mana as night gives way to dawn - you're momentarily shocked at the amount, 97! - before realizing that the temple must have been completed.

How do you respond to Krait? Additionally, Ustan is leaving from Ceres soon, is there anything you wish for him to do or purchase while he's there?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:24:15 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 10, 2013, 06:38:35 pm »

Ask Krait what it is that he proposes.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 10, 2013, 06:42:33 pm »

What happened to this world's gods obsession with saying their domains?

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 10, 2013, 06:43:53 pm »

What happened to this world's gods obsession with saying their domains?
Well this guy appears to be a Chaos god.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 10, 2013, 06:45:08 pm »

Also ask Krait what it is that he purposes- that is, his domains.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 10, 2013, 06:46:53 pm »

Also ask Krait what it is that he purposes- that is, his domains.
Agreed. Chaos, something, and something else. One of those is probably life, specifically serpents. I smell an ally...

Also, shopping for armor for our militia may be a good idea. Leather, maybe some metal. Or maybe pay some smith to come to our village.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nrsw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 10, 2013, 06:53:10 pm »

Instructing Ustan to hire a surveyor to determine what precious minerals our land has, if any, would be a worthwhile investment.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 10, 2013, 06:54:39 pm »

We just know that Maher needs to go down. Talk to Krait and see what he proposes. He seems an energetic fellow. Also find out his spheres. Never hurts to know that information. Snakes are always gneiss.

Yes, we need metals. And stone. We'll have to expand, and expansion includes rocks. Any cliffsides near our village we can pull stone from? Are any of the immigrants stonemasons?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 130