Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is this anything like Planepacked? (not nearly as big though)  (Read 2393 times)

flarn2006

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is this anything like Planepacked? (not nearly as big though)
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:08:53 pm »

So there's all these zombies invading, and I locked up the fortress. I had opened a place for them to get in, but not before setting a weapon trap, which seemed to be working well. Anyway, I had my dwarves in a burrow for a while for good measure, and one of my dwarves got a fey mood and claimed a carpenter's workshop. I viewed the workshop's building tasks and it said "I must have logs!" That's odd, I thought; there's plenty in the stockpile. I looked at the stockpile and it was completely empty! Eventually though it said the artifact was complete--a cedar cage named Dissolvedpulleys. It has a value of 93600, and has quite a complicated description. Here's a screenshot of the description, since I don't know how to export it as text. Notice the bottom line.

Do you think this could have been caused by the same thing as Planepacked? It was purely by accident, and I know burrows have something to do with it.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is this anything like Planepacked? (not nearly as big though)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 05:11:25 pm »

Yep, seems to be a mini Planepacked. Even has the recursive images.

flarn2006

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 05:20:56 pm »

I swear it was entirely by accident as well. That's awesome.
Anyway, what's currently going on in my fortress you might ask? Well I deleted the burrow because a whole bunch of zombies were standing on a pressure plate that raises a drawbridge (not the main one) preventing them from coming in (that was a long sentence!) However, for whatever reason they stopped and the drawbridge came back down, a whole bunch of dwarves ran outside for whatever reason, and now several of my remaining dwarves are throwing tantrums. Apparently I'm having a lot of fun.

flarn2006

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 01:20:41 am »

Another thing: I thought this could only happen with stone. This was made of wood.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 01:42:33 am »

Another thing: I thought this could only happen with stone. This was made of wood.
Doesn't really have anything to do with the materials. They get confused by the burrows and keep hoarding more materials for their artifacts until they can start working in the workshop again.
(Infact they seem to start eternally hoarding more. Greedy little bastards but that is why we love them. They try to start working but cancel because of the burrow and go get more junk for their pet project.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:44:17 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »

So, how much does it weigh?  Just wondering what happens if you drop this on something...

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 05:04:09 pm »

So, how much does it weigh?  Just wondering what happens if you drop this on something...
Unfortunately all decorations have no physical affect on the object, so it will weight the same as a normal cedar cage (not much).  Decorations only impact the value of the object. 

Baccar Wozat

• Bay Watcher
  • [VAMPOW]
    • View Profile
    • My Fortresses
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 09:01:25 pm »

All I could read was
No. 1. The larch. And now, No. 1. The larch. The larch. And now, No. 3-- the larch...

blaster339

• Bay Watcher
  • Why did the chicken REALLY cross the road?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 04:21:43 am »

I guess the huge list of descriptions explains why its so expensive
You could afford alot in a trade