Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What empire do we play as?

GWG's Psychic mindcrabs (Mindstealing crablike beings)
- 5 (12.5%)
Jbg97's Proelium Empire of Cassigans. (Warlike humanoids)
- 6 (15%)
GotdamnMiracles Ajacet (Warlike, semisuicidal Insectoid race)
- 6 (15%)
SoHowAreyou's Obin (Cybernetic Technocracy)
- 7 (17.5%)
I'manelfColaborator Harbringers (Anthrompomorphic semitribal internally divided crows)
- 1 (2.5%)
Ardas United Earth federation
- 4 (10%)
Ukranian Ranger's Order of life (Human space hippy elves)
- 7 (17.5%)
Rolepgeek Unified societies (Pascifistic aquatic beings)
- 4 (10%)
Option I
- 0 (0%)
Option J
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Galactic Machinations (Semi suggestion game). Space elves  (Read 25052 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Machinations (Looking for players. Empire submission open)
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 05:37:47 am »

*Fixd
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 10:35:42 am »

Race Name: Obin
Name Empire: Shining Spire
Description Race: All that remains of their biological forms is their genetically modified brains, cybernetics are used for bodies. Their metabolism have been boosted to the point where they live about 20 years, but their relative time frame is 200 years
Empire History:
300 Years ago scientific method discovered
200 Years ago the philosophy of self improvement as a species is developed
100 Years ago Cheap genetic modification and quantum computing start to spread.
85 Years Ago Full brain transplants
50 Years ago nanotech becomes common
20 Years ago Ftl is discovered
Current Day The first colonization and exploration fleets are preparing to leave

Government: Technocracy

Advantages: High Tech, Cyborgs
Disadvantages: Naive and short lived
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 12:21:56 pm »

Just some general notes. You're not going to start with more than 1-4 planets under your control. Just to reduce the workload a bit.
Each planet will include it's entire solar system. The planet is just the central of operations for that system.
More information is always nice, though there's in which details are the most usefull. A description of society and the precise workings governement is always nice, and actually much more usefull than recent history. If inspiration's needed, you can probably follow the link back to Digitall Hellhound's game. Stuff isn't the same, but certainly similair.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 12:47:10 pm »

MUST....CONTRIBUTE....

Race Name: Corax
Empire Name: Tenorias' Harbingers
Racial Description: The Corax are seven-foot tall anthropomorphic crows. They have four red eyes, and tough skin that can take small caliber bullets and small blades. They also possess flight, and average intelligence on par with an above-average human. Their lifespan averages between 150 and 180 years of age, with some reaching 200.
Societal Description:The Corax are a proud race, unwilling to submit towards any other, which has caused tensions with other races. This pride has caused infighting in the various clans within the race, as none are willing to submit to each other. However, they all agree on one thing; Tenorias is the only true god, and so many conflicts within the Corax are usually settled by offerings to the Almighty Crow. However, in recent years, one clan has managed to make all others swear fealty to it, the Ariochs, who, by sheer force of will and presence forced the others to back away and stand under it. Most of the Corax swear fealty to the Ariochs, who are also the most modernised, by others' standards, but are also fighting in themselves. Only time will tell if the Corax will be truly united.

Within recent centuries, the Ariochs have marched technology forward, if at a slow pace, and recently acquired FTL technology. The current diplomatic situation between them and the rest of the Corax is understandably very tense: the technology is very valuable to the scheming lesser clans.
Power Structure: The most stable clan, Ariochs, rule. They are a senate sort of system. The rest of the Corax tend to be based on a feudal system of rule.
Power: The Ariochs are a theocracy, as are all the other clans.

Strengths: Physically strong, capable of flight, highly intelligent
Weaknesses: Proud, arrogant, stubborn, unwilling to negotiate, belligerent, only recently entered the space age.

((There. I've specified the fact that they are schizo-tech using belligerent arrogant crow people.))
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:58:03 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 12:54:36 pm »

-snip-
This is so bad...
We don't have any contact with other races. We don't have any bullets or blades because why the hell should we. Finally, crows this size cannot fly.

Though I have to appreciate whatever you were smoking.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 12:58:50 pm »

Btw, it's Cassians , not Cassigans.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 01:00:58 pm »

I know it is quite bad.

But screw physics, these are aliens and I was smoking something good at the time. Also, just because YOU don't have bullets or blades doesn't mean they don't.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 01:04:51 pm »

Also, just because YOU don't have bullets or blades doesn't mean they don't.
what

Just turn your brain on for a second: to have blades, they must have a sufficiently tough metal that can be sharpened and they must discover it before researching more advanced weapons. Bullets are even more... whateverish: they must have the metal for shells, gunpowder, the very concept of firearms you can carry around (as opposed to heavy artillery) and, again, the correct time. Not much use for arquebuses when you've got railguns.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 01:04:51 pm »

We don't have any contact with other races. We don't have any bullets or blades because why the hell should we. Finally, crows this size cannot fly.
Why would any race not have bullets or blades? That is goddamn stupid, if you're gonna colonize other worlds you gotta have weapons to kill all the wildlife that looks at you funny.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 01:09:38 pm »

Also, infighting. How are you supposed to colonize other stars when you're too busy trying to kill each other? They barely just came up with arquebuses, let alone railguns.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 01:13:03 pm »

...Are you seriously proposing a race of insects with the earliest firearms (WHY WOULD THEY HAVE THEM?!) in a game called 'Galactic Machinations' that revolves around guess what.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 01:14:49 pm »

Infighting and theocracy. Honestly, how do you think they'll come up with uniting themselves when THEY HATE EACH OTHER TOO MUCH.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 01:14:59 pm »

Why would any race not have bullets or blades? That is goddamn stupid, if you're gonna colonize other worlds you gotta have weapons to kill all the wildlife that looks at you funny.
Why use blades when you have guns, why use firearms when you have lasers?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 01:17:01 pm »

Blades dont need reloading when the enemy overruns your lines. Bullets don't dissipate with distance.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 01:22:32 pm »

Blades dont need reloading when the enemy overruns your lines. Bullets don't dissipate with distance.
Lasers don't need reloading, just recharging, a weapons-grade laser should be able to keep its beam sufficiently concentrated to be useful at its intended distance, and neither of those situations apply to the specific situation of "wildlife poking around a new colony."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22