Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What empire do we play as?

GWG's Psychic mindcrabs (Mindstealing crablike beings)
- 5 (12.5%)
Jbg97's Proelium Empire of Cassigans. (Warlike humanoids)
- 6 (15%)
GotdamnMiracles Ajacet (Warlike, semisuicidal Insectoid race)
- 6 (15%)
SoHowAreyou's Obin (Cybernetic Technocracy)
- 7 (17.5%)
I'manelfColaborator Harbringers (Anthrompomorphic semitribal internally divided crows)
- 1 (2.5%)
Ardas United Earth federation
- 4 (10%)
Ukranian Ranger's Order of life (Human space hippy elves)
- 7 (17.5%)
Rolepgeek Unified societies (Pascifistic aquatic beings)
- 4 (10%)
Option I
- 0 (0%)
Option J
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Galactic Machinations (Semi suggestion game). Space elves  (Read 25006 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Galactic Machinations (Semi suggestion game). Space elves
« on: January 02, 2013, 03:34:42 pm »

For years, there has been a silence amongst the stars. They appeared to be empty, devoid of life. It was as if we were alone. But know it appears the spell has been broken. We found other races, bringing more opportunities, but also more dangers. All this new information has proven to be dangerous for the stability of the empire, and factions are springin up everywhere. A battle for power is just beginning.

Spoiler: What's this (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taking control (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Empire signup sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:48:25 am by 10ebbor10 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Machinations (Looking for players. Empire submission open)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 03:52:19 pm »

Against my better judgement...

Spoiler: Mind Crabs (click to show/hide)

And "min-maxing" is just maximising what you want high at the cost of what you don't.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 03:58:05 pm »

Name race: Cassians
Name Empire: Proelium Empire
Description Race: Average of 6 feet tall, dense muscular structure due to evolving on a very large planet with little water. No body hair, skin tone can be any colors, but tends toward a muddy green. Very strong, and very loyal. Cannot swim, but through constant war on their home planet they evolved slightly larger brains focused on emotional response, and tactical reasoning.
Description empire/society: Medium sized, 1 arm of the spiral galaxy actually identifies as under our power but really more than 2/3 is fairly autonomous.
Power structure: Republic
Power: Elective Oligarchy
Traits: Positive: Standing Army, Militaristic, Naval, High Tech
          Negative: Slow growth, Unionized society, Traditionalist, Independent
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 04:04:42 pm by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:01:08 pm »

Hehe, I didn't really see that coming when I clicked that link. Feel free to use anything you find interesting - you probably have better mechanics than MotBV already, though.

Watching for now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 04:28:03 pm »

Hehe, I didn't really see that coming when I clicked that link. Feel free to use anything you find interesting - you probably have better mechanics than MotBV already, though.

Watching for now.
Better, I doubt. More complex, probably.  Besides, that game was promising.

Anyway: Added some more things to all the sheets, and gave a basic idea of character sheets. Poll coming up too. (It will include some to be filled in Option's. Feel free to claim any, but make sure you reserve in advance, so that they follow logically.)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 04:34:51 pm »

Reserving for minor character.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 04:37:00 pm »

Reserving for minor character.
Going to be quite hard writing one up, as you don't even know which race(s) he's gonna be, and in what surroundings he'll end up.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 04:37:42 pm »

Thats why I'm just reserving the place now, I'll write it up once I know.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 06:29:59 pm »

Just a clarification, we're voting on 1 empire in which all the player characters are either a part of the main empire or part of a faction within the empire?
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 06:58:40 pm »

Name race: Ajaicaet
Name empire: The Grand Houses
 Description race: Eight feet tall with two legs, two arms meant for manipulation and fine tuning, and two arms meant for heavy lifting and fighting, this insect race is covered in a thin shell and constantly wears decorative armor, battle scents, and war paint, with thick, black hairs pointing out of the joints and along certain body structures to detect movement and even smell. That have a weak sense if sight so they often rely on technology to fill the gap. Coloring and stature is dependent in role filled in society.
Description empire: Small, a cluster of swamp planets in neighboring systems. A large war has just ended on Yoeterakt allowing for a more industrial rebuild to take place and new generations shells to harden as they feel the moderate sun and extreme humidity for the first time. Some of the other imperial planets are still in the wars grip. The society of the ajaicaet is one based solely on ceremony, tradition, and a religious belief in science, each ship just as much a temple as a war vessel. Despite being insects these creatures are NOT hiveminds and not lone wolfves, The closest earth equivalent would be a very social mantis. Armor is worn commonly along with pheromones and incense beside warpaint, mixing old world tradition with modern technology. Often sight enhancers and binoculared optics are common and worn with pride over the four large black eyes. All are female unless they are a specific caste of nursery tender, which can only be male. Often larger, stronger, and better fit for combat, stress, and rigor, females fill most roles. Males have never taken a role in government, or as a warrior, or engineer. Can only survive in swampy planets with lot of humidity which has lead to a good deal of success in the terraforming industry. Terraforming has been the most recent scientific craze. Favored weapon is the suicide cannon, making these creatures absolutely cutthroat ship to ship fighters, relying on ambush and takeover.
Capital name: Yoeterakt, large swamp planet with a number of moons, space stations, and Shipyards in the surrounding space.
power structure: House based senate
Power: Dependent on  guild of house rules. Often tribal, resulting in original ruler being killed and eaten, ceremonially if course.
Traits: Positive: scientific zeal, rapid population, excellent ship stealth, suicide cannon.
Negative: rapid population, specific environment requirements, overcrowding causes infighting which will eventually control population (considered a cycle), language barrier.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:55:11 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 01:53:08 am »

Just a clarification, we're voting on 1 empire in which all the player characters are either a part of the main empire or part of a faction within the empire?
Yes

Oh, and just a general note. You're not limited to a single sentence per description part.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:55:24 am by 10ebbor10 »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 04:28:48 am »

I don't think it's fair  to allow voting before the empire proposals are closed. This way the earliest proposals will get a ton of votes.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 04:30:11 am »

I don't think it's fair  to allow voting before the empire proposals are closed. This way the earliest proposals will get a ton of votes.
You can change your vote. Should be able too anyway. If not, I'll probably reset the votes.

EDIT: Apparently, you can't. Stupid forum. So yeah, I'll reset the poll when voting starts.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 04:46:13 am »

Name race: Ajaicaet
Name empire: The Grand Houses
 Description race: Eight feet tall with two legs, two arms meant for manipulation and fine tuning, and two arms meant for heavy lifting and fighting, this insect race is covered in a thin shell and constantly wears decorative armor, battle scents, and war paint, with thick, black hairs pointing out of the joints and along certain body structures to detect movement and even smell. That have a weak sense if sight so they often rely on technology to fill the gap. Coloring and stature is dependent in role filled in society.
Description empire: Small, a cluster of swamp planets in neighboring systems.
power structure: Guild based republic
Power: Dependent on  guild of house rules. Often tribal, resulting in original ruler being killed and eaten, ceremonially if course.
Traits: Positive: Moderate tech, scientific zeal, rapid population, excellent ship stealth, suicide cannon.
Negative: rapid population, specific environment requirements, overcrowding causes infighting which will eventually control population (considered a cycle), language barrier.
...Can i have some of those drugs you're using?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 05:01:29 am »

/\ Only a little.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22