Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862143 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14070 on: October 20, 2014, 11:18:28 pm »

It's a shame nobody figured out how to build stairs. I guess they just jet-packed up to bed or something?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #14071 on: October 20, 2014, 11:28:39 pm »

It's a shame nobody figured out how to build stairs. I guess they just jet-packed up to bed or something?
Not exactly.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14072 on: October 21, 2014, 03:38:50 am »

Are there any plans on integrating two hands? (Had to put it this way.) So we could do stuff like use a shiled in the off-hand and weapon in another, wield two weapons or a weapon and a lamp etc, akimbo pistols for wasting ammunition without hitting anything, quaffing beer with left hand while eating a sausage with the right etc etc.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14073 on: October 21, 2014, 03:50:41 am »

You don't need to hold a lamp to use it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14074 on: October 21, 2014, 11:23:11 am »

Though IMHO it would be cool if you'd have to. Because as of now, I fail to see the point of Wearable Flashlights (expect for RP and flavour, ofc). I mean, you save some volume, but if you're so thight that a single flashlight would matter you're already doing something wrong. So if two individual hands would be implemented (which I hope will happen some day) than having to hold certain items in your hands to use them would make sense.

On an unreleted note: what happend to Wandering Hordes? From what I read, the big hordes will split up into smaller "mini-hordes", occasionally teaming up in cities or other places. I'm fine with that. But I had to abandon my most recent character because he was constantly swarmed by zombies. And I was camping on a farm, far away from the next city. Yet still, whenever I woke up there was a small troupe (1-3) of zombies loitering around my base. Literally every maptile had one or two such mini-groups. Is this intended? Because that was a seriously annoying game.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:27:56 am by Urist McManiac »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14075 on: October 21, 2014, 02:07:58 pm »

You can never have too much volume.

As for your zombie problem, do you butcher and/or smash the corpses? It sounds like they're reviving to me.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14076 on: October 22, 2014, 01:18:45 am »

perhaps what is needed is a scaling respawn rate in non static worlds, ie from a very very slow respawn rate, far away from where player is to a higher insanity on the player rating at the other end ( or split it in terms of respawn from players in terms of distance from clsoe to far away) and then a respawn rate.

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14077 on: October 22, 2014, 06:53:30 am »

You can never have too much volume.

As for your zombie problem, do you butcher and/or smash the corpses? It sounds like they're reviving to me.

I definitly butchered them. I couldn't even step out of my base without wading through an ocean of shredded zombie corpses...

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14078 on: October 22, 2014, 10:41:18 am »

Would anyone be interested in a multiplayer world, where everyone works together to survive? It would sort of be like a succession game, but with people making a character, and you would have to get to a shelter we all work together to improve. Turns would be a week, or until you die. Hell, with rapid save swapping, we could do raids together. That would be interesting.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14079 on: October 22, 2014, 10:55:33 am »

Would anyone be interested in a multiplayer world, where everyone works together to survive? It would sort of be like a succession game, but with people making a character, and you would have to get to a shelter we all work together to improve. Turns would be a week, or until you die. Hell, with rapid save swapping, we could do raids together. That would be interesting.

Definitely interesting. From my experiences with savescumming, you can save just the character date (stats, needs, equipment) without modifying the world itself - matter of fact, when I got lazy savescumming after death, I could clone and butcher the clone of myself.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #14080 on: October 22, 2014, 10:56:03 am »

Sure, that sounds fun. If you're going to do it, place me fourth in the waitlist; I'd rather play a game where others have already done something.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14081 on: October 22, 2014, 11:21:19 am »

Waitlist me as well.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14082 on: October 22, 2014, 12:00:01 pm »

Wandering hordes? Isn't that where noise eventually creates a spawn point in the world?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14083 on: October 22, 2014, 12:02:56 pm »

Nope. Thats where there are groups of a few hundred zombies in a big, multi-tile group.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #14084 on: October 22, 2014, 03:30:18 pm »

(Unless the horde mechanics have been changed the last few months, and I missed it) Hordes are like a temporary dynamic spawn area. So noise will trigger a spawn of zombies, but it doesn't create anything like a spawn point in the overall sense.
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 1086