Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860122 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #13620 on: September 18, 2014, 11:05:23 pm »

The pockets are too obvious and the game doesn't feel like a

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Other then radiation, artifacts, and guns, I don't see much of a resemblance to the STALKER series. But I do see the potential for it, which is why I suggested a mod.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13621 on: September 18, 2014, 11:12:59 pm »

Unrelated: Is it possible to start a new world with an old character?
Spoiler: Saveness (click to show/hide)
Other then radiation, artifacts, and guns, I don't see much of a resemblance to the STALKER series. But I do see the potential for it, which is why I suggested a mod.
I'm fairly certain "natural" artifacts spawning in "anomalies" are clear references to the STALKER series.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13622 on: September 18, 2014, 11:56:16 pm »

A one off, relatively rare reference event, does not an atmosphere make.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13623 on: September 19, 2014, 01:12:16 am »

I'm fairly certain "natural" artifacts spawning in "anomalies" are clear references to the STALKER series.
[/quote]

O sweet, never seen an anomaly in the game before. I just assumed artifacts were rewards from "dungeons".

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #13624 on: September 19, 2014, 02:24:18 am »

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  I'm twelve pages late here, but
- NEVER take Schizophrenia, finding antipsychotic drugs is difficult considering the rarity of pharmacies
is heretical.  Cataclysm without Schizophrenic is like an Elder Scrolls game without mods.  Take Schizo.  Take it always, and take it forever.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13625 on: September 19, 2014, 03:04:01 am »

O sweet, never seen an anomaly in the game before. I just assumed artifacts were rewards from "dungeons".

Well, you get both, but artifact from anomalies are really rare, I only found one or two ever.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 03:21:26 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #13626 on: September 19, 2014, 03:19:33 am »

- NEVER take Schizophrenia, finding antipsychotic drugs is difficult considering the rarity of pharmacies
is heretical.  Cataclysm without Schizophrenic is like an Elder Scrolls game without mods.  Take Schizo.  Take it always, and take it forever.
I often take Schizophrenic. It's kind of fun.

One time I woke up to see three zombie soldiers in my cabin. I grabbed my gun and opened fire, only to realise that they were a hallucination and I'd just attracted a bunch of real zombies with all the noise.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13627 on: September 19, 2014, 03:25:06 pm »

Seriously though, Schizophrenia is free points. The hallucinations are a minor disadvantage. Just avoid killing your mother whenever she shows up.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13628 on: September 19, 2014, 03:44:40 pm »

Schizo seems like an early game disadvantage, now that Thorazine is craftable.  I didn't drill down all the components, but they seemed to be either common or harvestable.  So hmmm, I'm considering a schizo run:  Bruce "Skitz" Bonner - "I got a real hankerin'....to kill somebody..."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13629 on: September 19, 2014, 03:46:11 pm »

Seriously though, Schizophrenia is free points. The hallucinations are a minor disadvantage. Just avoid killing your mother whenever she shows up.
Just because we can't support hallucinatory items yet. :P

You shoot the hulk!
Your gun turns into a stick!
*Hulk smash!*
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13630 on: September 19, 2014, 04:33:13 pm »

If you're radiogenic and mildly radioactive, do you heal during the day from your own radiation?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #13631 on: September 19, 2014, 04:39:18 pm »

If you're radiogenic and mildly radioactive, do you heal during the day from your own radiation?
I tried that, and it doesn't seem to work.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13632 on: September 19, 2014, 05:15:09 pm »

I tried that, and it doesn't seem to work.
It should work, though since radiogenic is checked before the radioactive stuff, and because radiogenic works in chunks of 10 radiation, The radiation 1 mutation will probably only lead to rare random triggerings. If you get to Radiation 2 you will probably notice if much easier.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13633 on: September 19, 2014, 09:30:02 pm »

Anyone got any good strategies for dealing with Skeleton dogs when starting out? They keep running down my new characters when they only have a makeshift crowbar and some rocks to use against them. It...doesn't go well for me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13634 on: September 19, 2014, 10:08:00 pm »

Anyone got any good strategies for dealing with Skeleton dogs when starting out? They keep running down my new characters when they only have a makeshift crowbar and some rocks to use against them. It...doesn't go well for me.
My solution is to wait until they become less stupidly OP.

... That's assuming the devs realize it's an issue.
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 1086