Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862304 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #11580 on: April 17, 2014, 11:34:39 pm »

Or just only keeping what you can carry.
That one has brought me back from the brink of burn out a few times.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: April 17, 2014, 11:41:08 pm »

DeKaFu - Have you played with any of the end-game content yet? Started any resonance cascades, launched any nukes, looted any temples, killed any fault horrors, accumulated a pile of artifacts, slain any triffid hearts, etc. etc.?

It sounds like you're sticking with the early/mid-game stuff to me, and yeah that will get pretty boring.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: April 18, 2014, 12:17:18 am »

As you dont have classic zombies (I do, because I think most of the specials are retarded and HATE. FUNGUS. AND. BLOB.), find a lab and empty it out.
Also, check the sewers. And mines. And caves.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: April 18, 2014, 12:45:45 am »

Anyone have a recommendation for the most "stable" current experimental? I find being on the bleeding edge of development bad, due to many, many bugs.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: April 18, 2014, 01:18:03 am »

My insane modding continues.  Not satisfied with guns with sword bayonets I made a couple variations on sword pistols, including an antique flintlock using ammo from the old guns pack, a crafted 9mm, and shotgun,  all single shot.

Is there a process for submitting things like this for possible inclusion or is it simply to post it on the main cata forums?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: April 18, 2014, 01:57:18 am »

My insane modding continues.  Not satisfied with guns with sword bayonets I made a couple variations on sword pistols, including an antique flintlock using ammo from the old guns pack, a crafted 9mm, and shotgun,  all single shot.

Is there a process for submitting things like this for possible inclusion or is it simply to post it on the main cata forums?
Posting in the main cata forums is a good first step so you can see if the ideas are actually popular and/or wanted. To submit for possible inclusion, you need to make a Pull Request on the project's GitHub page, which necessitates a few extra steps, or perhaps if the ideas are really good someone else may oblige and submit a PR for you.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: April 18, 2014, 02:24:48 am »

How possible or practical is it to survive being an illiterate and no beneficial starting traits?
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: April 18, 2014, 02:46:29 am »

Now add axeguns and shieldguns.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: April 18, 2014, 02:56:31 am »

How possible or practical is it to survive being an illiterate and no beneficial starting traits?
Well, you can't read books or use computers, so it's going to be tough. You're limited to auto-learned and reverse-engineered recipes for crafting, so you'll have to have a fair bit of luck so you can find everything you need to survive. I personally haven't played an illiterate character yet, but I think it's quite feasible if you're not planning to be heavy on the crafting.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: April 18, 2014, 10:52:06 am »

Survive? Easy. Start with Silat, at 3 fabrication you can build a quarterstaff, and from there you have everything you need to kill any danger. Pick up a sawn off shotgun for tanks and zombears. You can survive indefinitely via farming, hunting, and gathering.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11590 on: April 18, 2014, 10:54:11 am »

Once, I played an illiterate hobo named Eli King. His death had nothing to do with illiteracy, so you're probably fine. Take the smaller books you find anyway, so you can rip them apart and burn them.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: April 18, 2014, 10:55:28 am »

Too bad an illiterate can't teach themselves to read with like Children's Books or something :P

Even if it means normal books after that would take three times as long perhaps?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: April 18, 2014, 10:57:53 am »

Well, supposedly an illiterate is someone that went to school and failed. It's hard to believe he'll learn in the midst of an apocalypse.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: April 18, 2014, 11:07:26 am »

Who knows.

Maybe they could :P

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: April 18, 2014, 12:05:29 pm »

Actually, I rather like that idea. It'd give good old Doc Seuss a new use other than bringing me to the verge of tears every time I come upon a kid's book.

Speaking of which, I was thinking of playing as a toddler by taking minimum strength, thin skin, and some kind of frail, among others. Thoughts?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1086