Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862099 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Now you're thinking with Portals
« Reply #11325 on: April 02, 2014, 08:08:17 am »

GlyphGryph, you scared the shit out of me. Bad griffon. Bad.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11326 on: April 02, 2014, 08:56:06 am »

Trust Activision-Blizzard's legal team to send a prank-and-desist at 6 AM.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11327 on: April 02, 2014, 09:09:02 am »

Actually, I think that Blizzard got evil when it was bought by Activision.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: April 02, 2014, 09:37:51 am »

/yawn

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11329 on: April 02, 2014, 10:26:07 am »

They're known as activision-blizzard. Total tip off right there.

Activision Blizzard is the holding company. I researched it, it is apparently Blizzard themselves who send out their C&Ds most of the time! I didn't find any from Activision-Blizzard.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11330 on: April 03, 2014, 09:39:30 am »

Ok, so I need a few things answered.

Specifically: What do I need to craft crossbow bolts (skill levels/book wise) and what do I need to take advantage of a rechargeable battery mod (other items wise)?

Kinda running out of those things. And sorta running out of bullets. But that's hopefully a bit of a ways off, seeing as I have relocated to a hardware store in the middle of a cleared town, zombears are a thing, and melee skill to use my zweihander is not a thing.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: April 03, 2014, 11:17:41 am »

Ok, so I need a few things answered.

Specifically: What do I need to craft crossbow bolts (skill levels/book wise) and what do I need to take advantage of a rechargeable battery mod (other items wise)?

Kinda running out of those things. And sorta running out of bullets. But that's hopefully a bit of a ways off, seeing as I have relocated to a hardware store in the middle of a cleared town, zombears are a thing, and melee skill to use my zweihander is not a thing.
For crossbow bolts you need... fabrication and archery? I think that's all it takes, really. One level of both for the wooden bolt, three levels for metal. The rechargeable battery mod will need a recharging station to (re)use, which can be learned from an electronics handbook and some others at anything from 4 to 6 fabrication skill, and takes... uh, I forget, I think 3 mechanics to install? And of course a charged battery in the vehicle it's mounted to.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11332 on: April 03, 2014, 11:28:18 am »

Rechargeable batteries need a recharging station. Look in the crafting menu under other, parts if you can craft a recharging station if you can then make one and attach it to a vehicle container(a car trunk or something like that) and turn it on using controls. The vehicle you have attached the recharging station to will need to have  electricity obviously.

For crossbow bolts you need archery skill.

Zweihanders in my opinion are weapons for the extremely strong and something with better moves per attack and to-hit bonus would probably be more efficient.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: April 03, 2014, 11:32:44 am »

You can also find recharging stations in public works, at times.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11334 on: April 04, 2014, 12:14:19 am »

So I figured out something that would be useful. As it is there is the option to auto drop containers. I never use it because some containers (not just watertight ones) are useful for other stuff. How about instead you have a thing similar to the auto pickup? That way you can select what you want to drop.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11335 on: April 04, 2014, 01:18:59 am »

Well shit. Since crossbows use the handguns skill instead of the archery skill I have no levels in archery.

And I have nowhere near what it takes to make a recharging station. Fuck.

So with the recharging station, can you just make a vehicle frame outside, put a solar panel on it and a trunk with the recharging station and use it as a generator? Or would you also need an electric car battery?

I moved into this hardware store because it has a "recycler" outside, btw, which takes any metal clutter and changes it into metal scrap/sheet metal/otherwise useable for crafting metal.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: April 04, 2014, 01:33:35 am »

Yeah, crossbow bolts should really be changed to just use fabrication.

You're going to need a two-tile frame, I think. One with the recharge station and a battery, another with a solar panel or gasoline engine with alternator (and a battery). If the solar panel can be mounted on the same tile as the station, then you'll just need one tile. But you do need a battery - the solar panel provides energy regeneration, but you'll need storage too.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: April 04, 2014, 06:45:49 am »

Well that is now a long term goal, because I just don't have the resources/skill to make all that right now. Its sad because I have 2 UPS's and a laser pistol and really not enough batteries to make use of that.

New question: What do you need to collect acid rain? I heard someone say something about a funnel and jug, but I am unsure of this.

Indeed, I do this.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11338 on: April 04, 2014, 06:49:21 am »

Acid drizzle, empty bottle, funnel.  refine at fire w/pan and put into container.  Bonus points for making it glass and throwing it at baddies
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: April 04, 2014, 06:52:09 am »

Well now I just need to figure out where the hell to get a funnel and I can start jury rigging up batteries.

Maybe.

EDIT: So out of curiosity, I checked my skills and such. The results are...interesting...

Looks like my biggest problem is gonna be fabrication. How the hell do I level that?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:34:06 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 1086