Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860604 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #10770 on: March 10, 2014, 12:41:09 pm »

I have found that a set of power armor and a power armor helmet is strong enough to deflect almost all attacks, despite the massive encumbrance.

That was on the old version, though.  Also I found that Dodge trains very quickly; I got it as high as 17 in a couple of months.
Power Armor has the highest armor value I've seen in the game yet.  Light Power Armor is 100+ armor, and Heavy is about 300 for bash and 500 for cut armor.  That should protect you from just about anything, really.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10771 on: March 10, 2014, 01:22:24 pm »

Power Armour helps to train dodge. Playing as a lightly armoured quick moving person doesn't help to train dodge because when you fail the dodge you die and playing as a light armoured character relies more on not getting hit at all.

Kiting is fairly easy in static spawn, Dynamic spawn it's sometimes not even an option as you can get surrounded quickly.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10772 on: March 10, 2014, 02:16:31 pm »

UGH.

That's TWICE now I've been killed by GODDAMN NPCS.

I'm not even DOING ANYTHING, just minding my own business ON THE FIRST DAY, then while I'm waiting or crafting or something some ASSHOLE NPC RUNS UP TO ME, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND, and then they want me to drop whatever random thing I'm wielding, in this last case a FUCKING POT, CUZ I WAS COOKING.

So they run up, tell me to disarm and then tell me to LEAVE MY OWN GODDAMN PLACE. FUCKING ASSHOLE NPC BASTARDS.

This last one wasn't even ARMED, and somehow he beat me even though I have a goddamn COMBAT KNIFE.

NERF THE GODDAMN ASSHOLE NPCS. I just beat a zombie brute, but then asshole NPC runs up and I'm FUCKED.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10773 on: March 10, 2014, 02:20:53 pm »

You know there is an option to remove NPCs, yes?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10774 on: March 10, 2014, 02:26:39 pm »

NPCs are off by default, aren't they?

I have heard that they are buggy so I never used them.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #10775 on: March 10, 2014, 02:28:36 pm »

I have a pistol on me on all ocassions, that way if any assholes come up to me, bamity bam.
you can turn NPC's off by going to menu((in game, hit ?, then 2))Current world, then either ten or 13th down, make sure there both false.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10776 on: March 10, 2014, 02:29:08 pm »

NPCs are off by default, aren't they?

I have heard that they are buggy so I never used them.

I would have used them, random brutality and all, but the bugs made me turn them off.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10777 on: March 10, 2014, 02:34:00 pm »

Any tips on dealing with 20 normals zeds at the same time? (Without burning loot).

I can just kite a few of them, but it is boring
Roam around for a bit before heading into town. Keep your eyes peeled for trapped spots. In every trapped spot, disarm and appropriate all the caltrops you can carry, nailboards optional (they're heavy). Once you have around eight or ten caltrops/nailboards, head into town. Set up your zombie grater - a field of caltrops two tiles wide, four or five tiles long. More is usually excessive, and more than 2 tiles wide makes it hard to grab loot. Now make quick jabs into the populated area, lure out groups of twenty/thirty zoms at a time, lead them to the grater, and run around in circles as they grind themselves to paste. A normal zombie needs at most four caltrop hits to die, so it's a good idea to shape the group into a semblance of a line, and lead them into the grater lengthwise, so you can stand at the other end and watch them try to reach you.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10778 on: March 10, 2014, 02:39:15 pm »

Any tips on dealing with 20 normals zeds at the same time? (Without burning loot).
A car.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10779 on: March 10, 2014, 02:40:22 pm »

A car.
With an active mininuke inside.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #10780 on: March 10, 2014, 02:40:51 pm »

and about 8 bricks of c4, spread equally, and full gas tank.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10781 on: March 10, 2014, 02:43:04 pm »

A bush, some speed, and a rock ina sock.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10782 on: March 10, 2014, 02:54:02 pm »

A car.
With an active mininuke inside.
You missed the qualifier "Without burning loot".
Though I guess you could argue that a mininuke wouldn't actually burn the loot. But then, Instant incineration gives the same end result.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10783 on: March 10, 2014, 02:55:55 pm »

Actually probably not.  Explosive shotgun slugs don't destroy loot or cause fires to start.  I think a mininuke is just a really big grenade, in game terms, and thus won't destroy items on the ground.  I've also used a LAW to crack into places and take out turrets, and not seen it destroy any items.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10784 on: March 10, 2014, 03:02:52 pm »

Heh. I guess I'm just applying logic to the game and never actually used explosives around anything I wanted to loot.
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 1086