Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860799 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #10620 on: March 08, 2014, 12:34:55 pm »

Is that the 0.A experimental? Are you using the stable version? Is that the same no matter what MREs you disassemble? Since I have not had that issue on the stable.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #10621 on: March 08, 2014, 12:57:19 pm »

Just spawned, but I think I like this one.

(EDIT:

Hahaha, there're TWO downed choppers directly outside it, too.  Got me some army clothes for storage.  And it fits, too.  AND some scientists near that gun store... which, unfortunately, have set a manhack on me.  Hope this kevlar helps me Zui Quan it to death)
Is that... a gun store, a library, and a swimming pool?  Man, if I were well situated that would be fantastic.  Skill books, ammo, and infinite water source!

In my game I'm doing pretty good.  I found an APC with a busted engine, but have managed to remove the broken V8 and install a new Large Electric with solar panels and storage batteries over the rear wheels.

I also absolutely love the inventory changes, and the fact that the game recognizes items in nearby vehicle containers.  I have a welding rig cart with a load of tools that I just drag around as a mobile omni-tool, it's pretty fantastic.
Sadly, it appears to be some sort of... zoo, or something, not a library.

How do you wield bare hands again?  I keep trying w - but that doesn't seem to do it.

(EDIT:  Ah, there we go, I think I got it now.

Headed south and found a town.  Very first zombie I see there is a Hulk.  Good thing I took a shotgun!

Augh, wasps too.  Maybe I'll just pass this place by.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 01:15:52 pm by Farce »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: March 08, 2014, 01:01:39 pm »

Are the various mutation serums working as intended? I've made and taken over 20 ursine ones, and despite 'yearning to be free' for quite a while, all that happens now is I cycle between gaining and losing the odd mutation. Last attempt, I lost hibernation, which definitely seems a step in the wrong direction.

The probabilities could do with being looked at; if it takes much more time, I'm liable to have 20 cooking skill, just from trying to cross the threshhold. I'm already nearly at 15.

EDIT: The last batch didn't even have any effect at all!

According to the wiki, you need to inject the mutagen to cross the threshold. Are you doing that? I don't quite know how mutagen serums are applied.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: March 08, 2014, 01:02:23 pm »

Are the various mutation serums working as intended? I've made and taken over 20 ursine ones, and despite 'yearning to be free' for quite a while, all that happens now is I cycle between gaining and losing the odd mutation. Last attempt, I lost hibernation, which definitely seems a step in the wrong direction.

The probabilities could do with being looked at; if it takes much more time, I'm liable to have 20 cooking skill, just from trying to cross the threshhold. I'm already nearly at 15.

EDIT: The last batch didn't even have any effect at all!

According to the wiki, you need to inject the mutagen to cross the threshold. Are you doing that? I don't quite know how mutagen serums are applied.

whoa, how do I inject things

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: March 08, 2014, 01:06:32 pm »

(E)at or (a)ctivate the serum while having a syringe in your inventory?

Also, I am disapointed that you cannot turn on an oil lamp and then throw it to cause a fireball. I threw one and heard "glass shattering"(which might have been a window) but the lamp was perfectly intact despite headshotting a zombie(for 8 damage) with it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: March 08, 2014, 02:19:15 pm »

Is there a way I can upgrade my shopping carts capacity without adding another tile and making dragging a nighrmare?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: March 08, 2014, 02:23:35 pm »

I've used the Tileset Editor to toss some of DF's tilesets into Cataclysm.

More variants and downloads here.

Taking requests for specific sets, too! The latest version of Tileset Editor isn't released yet, so you can't just toss a DF tileset into it yet.

Huh, not bad. Would Vherid's sets work? Those have some grungy color sets.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: March 08, 2014, 02:31:24 pm »

A cougar leaped into my house, over a pit, a closed window and a bear trap to land in front of me while I was reading. WTF?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: March 08, 2014, 02:42:15 pm »

I've used the Tileset Editor to toss some of DF's tilesets into Cataclysm.

More variants and downloads here.

Taking requests for specific sets, too! The latest version of Tileset Editor isn't released yet, so you can't just toss a DF tileset into it yet.

Huh, not bad. Would Vherid's sets work? Those have some grungy color sets.
You'll have to link me to that one. There are no Vherid's tilesets on the wiki.
Also, if there are grungy colors, it probably won't work unless the background is made true pink first. Colored - non-greyscale - tiles, will work as intended, but only greyscale parts will receive foreground color, and only "true pink" parts will receive background color. So something like this:

will need some serious editing before it works.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: March 08, 2014, 02:49:34 pm »

A cougar leaped into my house, over a pit, a closed window and a bear trap to land in front of me while I was reading. WTF?

She just wanted some lovins and wouldn't let anything stop her.

Last I checked the wiki is horrendously (years) out of date. The subforum for tilesets is where all the good stuff is. Vherid is on the first page and has been for months.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:54:05 pm by BigD145 »

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: March 08, 2014, 02:51:27 pm »

If you're still alive, you need to build a monument to that ninja cougar.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: March 08, 2014, 02:53:05 pm »

With the bones? Well, there was a helmet that could be made with bones, but the thing is, I throwed them all into my bone stockpile.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: March 08, 2014, 02:58:23 pm »

With the bones? Well, there was a helmet that could be made with bones, but the thing is, I throwed them all into my bone stockpile.
Well, if you have spray paint or a marker you could write a small memorial i suppose.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: March 08, 2014, 03:08:16 pm »

Last I checked the wiki is horrendously (years) out of date. The subforum for tilesets is where all the good stuff is. Vherid is on the first page and has been for months.
Aha. Checking it...

And... yes and no. The tileset itself just needs to have a pink background tacked on.
Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)
But the colors are hardcoded into the generator, and there isn't - yet - anything in the way of a config file to tweak them.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10634 on: March 08, 2014, 03:47:48 pm »

hmm, if you're ok with save-fagging, use debug & get yourself piles of cattle/ursine/beast, then take all three till you hit a threshold. Perhaps the ursine stuff has managed to not have enough relevant mutations to put you over it's own threshold?

-better yet, just debug in all the pre-threshold ursine traits you can find. here's the post-threshold stuff
http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Post-threshold_mutations

Seems like you've gotta get it to the strongest muta level, (3), as evidence by your dreams, and then use serum. A splitting headache following such an action indicates you rolled for breaching the threshold and your humanity won.

start a new game, start adding one mutation at a time, sleeping to confirm your dream/mutation level. Once you've broken the threshold there, (or just gotten to lvl 3), take a look at what mutations you have.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 04:34:15 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1086