Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860982 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #10170 on: February 19, 2014, 12:46:23 pm »

Huh, that might mean my latest character will get to retire. My longest lived guy at this point too so that will be neat.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: February 19, 2014, 12:47:14 pm »

Like the 12 gauge pistol, it so much easier to carry than full size shotguns

I just wish i could have some thin like
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: February 19, 2014, 12:48:23 pm »

Woot!   And it does seem to keep zombears from showing up randomly it seems, I set up a base in a rediculously tiny town near where I started (seriously, 6 buildings, 5 after I gutted then burnt one to the ground) and havent seen one yet 5 days in.

If it helps with the release I found a few bugs that are probably known in my most recent play of build #897 windows sdl.  But hell might as well toss them up.

1. A lot of the keybinds seem to have become unbound, I think it happened after I entered the keybinds in the help menu.  It seems to be restricted to stuff that had multiple keybinds like g, the non numpad up down left and right, and num5 for staying still, only the secondary bind became unbound it seems.  Also may be related, the non numpad directions stopped working in the vheicle ui.

2. Random crashes when examining a car.  May be related to items being under the tile examined, but it's really intermittent.

3. Smoke can't pass through chain link fences anymore.

4. Hitting a shocker with a weapon doesn't seem to care what the weapon is made out of.  It seems to care more about if yer wearing gloves, than if the weapon is metal or not.  No gloves= Shocked on contact, leather gloves(only type tested)= no shock.

5. Auto shift view while driving dosn't always work when the car is going backwards.  The view will shift, as if the car is moving, but the car dosn't actually go anywhere.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:36:53 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: February 19, 2014, 02:04:55 pm »

Oh, damon it!

I was raiding the town when a zombear showed up and broke my leg. I had stable food supplies, but a deep wound, so I was on my way to the pharmacy when a few zombies showed up. One dropped a medkit! I applied it and started trekking home, figuring I could make it there and sit around eating potato chips until it healed.

Approximately eight zombie children arrived and ate me.

My last words:
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU".
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10174 on: February 19, 2014, 02:29:49 pm »

Just got this, and I'm really enjoying it, btw, but I have a couple of noobz questions.

How do I go up and down stairs? Yeaaah.....

What's the best tile set? I have a good one, but I want the best I can find. I'm a sucker for good graphics.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: February 19, 2014, 02:33:02 pm »

Just got this, and I'm really enjoying it, btw, but I have a couple of noobz questions.

How do I go up and down stairs? Yeaaah.....

What's the best tile set? I have a good one, but I want the best I can find. I'm a sucker for good graphics.

Stairs: > and < keys by default.

Tileset: very much a matter of taste and practicality - the higher res sets are prettier, but limit your FOV unless you have a monster of a screen. Myself, I use Waldo's Tileset, I like the style he is going for. You can find it on the Cataclysm forums.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #10176 on: February 19, 2014, 02:54:06 pm »

Early on i get fucked up by zombie bears, But my favorite weapon is the rivtech pistol, fun as HELL((got the rifle, to!))
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10177 on: February 19, 2014, 05:48:22 pm »

My current game is still on build 630 if that means anything but I have been seeing zomble doggies more then the rotten bears. It also seems that the dogs have a larger sight range but that might just be a perception caused by not seeing as many bears and the larger threat of them causing me to check where they are and avoid them. As for my method of killing I have been hefting around a wood axe because of needing to cut paths through forests for my shopping cart.
   As a side thing I do have a question. Is there an easier way of getting rid of saplings and bushes. It should not be taking more work to get rid of a bush then it does to chop down a tree. It is also a danger to my shopping cart as spamming the smash key and a direction sometimes makes me move in said direction because of miss typing and then backing up ends up with me damaging my cart. Having my basket destroyed turned out alright as I replace it with a bed which not only has more storage volume but I can sleep in it but I would rather not have to continue replacing parts from self caused damage.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: February 19, 2014, 07:01:00 pm »

Early on i get fucked up by zombie bears, But my favorite weapon is the rivtech pistol, fun as HELL((got the rifle, to!))
Zombie bears are one of the reasons I try to make a makeshift flamethrower as quickly as possible.  Nothing says "fun" like blowing up a spraycan of gasoline in the face of a bear, then slashing it over and over again to stop it from getting out of the fire. 

Just, never fire a makeshift flamethrower at something in an adjacent square.   >_<

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: February 19, 2014, 09:28:45 pm »

An NPC just tried to mug me.  ...With a magazine on advanced emergency care.   I had a nodachi.

Oh cataclysm, you so CRAZY!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: February 19, 2014, 09:37:41 pm »

Using the experimental version, I see the screen width and height options have changed. I used to use 55 width and 22 height for a good size window. Anyone know a good equivalent in the new system?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: February 19, 2014, 09:41:26 pm »

So I got into my shelter after about two turns in acid rain.   I close my door and realize  that a moose is in the shelter.  I hit it with a fire axe.  I then die, and it was apparently six turns since it hit me.  I know that it's not THAT slow hitting, so... why did I just let a moose kill me from full health?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: February 19, 2014, 09:44:31 pm »

Acid Rain makes you pain.  Moose is a jerk.  You bleed?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: February 19, 2014, 10:24:55 pm »

If your strength falls to 0 due to extreme pain and other affects, you'll collapse to the ground.  Maybe you were killed while you were helpless?

Did you have an infection?  You can die without warning when you have one.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: February 19, 2014, 11:45:41 pm »

If you were out for 2 hours in acid rain that may have been why. Either bleeding or infection, also a moose is VERY robust.
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 1086