Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860911 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8910 on: November 13, 2013, 03:59:58 pm »

My most successful character :D

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armour (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8911 on: November 13, 2013, 04:03:29 pm »

More over, RG only benefit late-game character, and by the time you're late-game, there is not much that can stop you anyway.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8912 on: November 13, 2013, 04:23:18 pm »

you can often find mutagens on science corpses on your first day. I have taken these with RG and gotten some nice bonuses. I usually gulp any mutagens i find early. I figure if things go bad Ill survive or just die and start over. not enough time invested to care if i die.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8913 on: November 13, 2013, 05:21:52 pm »

Nice. Only thing I suggest - Duffel Bag and Hard Arm Guards are extremely encumbering and provide far less protection than you would think. They only offer 50% coverage, which means that 50% of the time attacks will completely ignore them. Meanwhile, you're adding an additional 80 movement points per attack and severely hampering your accuracy from all of the encumbrance. Might want to look into some less encumbering options (Military Jacket, Trenchcoat, Survivor Vest, Drop Leg Pouches, etc).
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8914 on: November 13, 2013, 05:25:16 pm »

Nice. Only thing I suggest - Duffel Bag and Hard Arm Guards are extremely encumbering and provide far less protection than you would think. They only offer 50% coverage, which means that 50% of the time attacks will completely ignore them. Meanwhile, you're adding an additional 80 movement points per attack and severely hampering your accuracy from all of the encumbrance. Might want to look into some less encumbering options (Military Jacket, Trenchcoat, Survivor Vest, Drop Leg Pouches, etc).

That was my plan once I push deeper towards an army surplus I haven't looted yet.

Also, dresser full of guns and ammo and gun mods :P

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8915 on: November 13, 2013, 05:29:24 pm »

you can often find mutagens on science corpses on your first day. I have taken these with RG and gotten some nice bonuses. I usually gulp any mutagens i find early. I figure if things go bad Ill survive or just die and start over. not enough time invested to care if i die.
   I tend to use the first one I find if I don't have anything going for the character at the time and then I leave it alone. My currently running character did this and managed to actually get one of my favorite mutations, feathers. Of course preface this with noting I only do this if I have not taken any of the negative traits that can worsen and if I have taken some good traits it can improve.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8916 on: November 13, 2013, 05:45:18 pm »

I built a stone fireplace once. I got all the rocks from the house I burned down from across the street. It was awesome and lured the zombies pretty damn well.

That said, are there items that can survive fire damage? Like metal objects? Or does everything slag?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: November 13, 2013, 05:47:01 pm »

I built a stone fireplace once. I got all the rocks from the house I burned down from across the street. It was awesome and lured the zombies pretty damn well.

That said, are there items that can survive fire damage? Like metal objects? Or does everything slag?

Surprisingly, many items that do burn may prove rather resilient. I tossed a blazer along with two 2x4s to my fireplace, and once it burned out, the blazer was still there, only somewhat burned.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8918 on: November 13, 2013, 05:47:45 pm »

Well, logs dont burn totally in fireplaces, or aleast dident.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: November 13, 2013, 05:49:45 pm »

Well. Everything in the house was either nails, rebar, or rock. So if there were surviving items, I missed them. Also what happens to the basement when you burn the house?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: November 13, 2013, 05:50:36 pm »

Probally just gets covered a bit.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: November 13, 2013, 06:04:53 pm »

Well. Everything in the house was either nails, rebar, or rock. So if there were surviving items, I missed them. Also what happens to the basement when you burn the house?

You can still get inside if you find stairs. It's not damaged at all. Even more ridiculously, you can set off a mininuke in a basement of a building without damaging the ground floor.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: November 13, 2013, 07:40:09 pm »

Two observations about this version, can I turn off the tilesets as I find them ugly and unclear as all fuck and is it me or do Shocker zombies spawn EVERYWHERE now?
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8923 on: November 13, 2013, 08:09:18 pm »

Two observations about this version, can I turn off the tilesets as I find them ugly and unclear as all fuck and is it me or do Shocker zombies spawn EVERYWHERE now?
   You can turn it off in the options right under where you can select which set you want to use and it will require a restart. Also random screw with the shockers though to be honest they fun stuff later on once you start getting CBMs from them.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8924 on: November 14, 2013, 01:51:20 am »

Why is there a ** on your crossbow o_O
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 1086